Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinjinn

re: The Erudite Tauren

Milkthistle watched her quarry. From the shadows she quietly kept vigil over the young druid she was charged with observing. The Circle had grown concerned with Manypaths. His multi-disciplinary approach to self-enlightenment and unorthodox approach to druidism worried the elders. A druid who possessed both technical aptitude for the sciences as well as spiritual mastery over nature could be a valuable asset, but left to his own rogue whims, Manypaths could prove to be a threat.

The Ghostlands were no place for the study of geology, yet the young druid seemed to be transfixed upon a rather high quality node of copper ore jutting out of the Dead Scar, seemingly oblivious to the undead threats surrounding him. Milkthistle couldn't tell if Manypaths was incredibly brave or stupid, but one thing she was certain of was that this young druid was incredible. A low rumble could be heard coming from the north. The abominable Luzran was making his patrol down the Scar and was heading straight for the Manypaths' position. The young druid pulled out his pick-axe and began to chisel away at the node seemingly unaware of the undead threat lumbering towards him. With the first clang of the axe Luzarn took note of the druid and began to charge. Manypaths chipped at the node again, but before taking a third swipe he cast a small box behind himself. From the box erupted a strange human mock-up swaying back and forth from a large spring blaring loud noises. Luzran, distracted, began to assault this surprise threat while Manypaths continued collecting ore.

"Well now," Milkthistle thought, "this one's not an idiot after all," Milkthistle thought to herself from her secret place.

The battered human decoy shattered under Luzran's mighty blows. Returning his attention to Manypaths, the abomination continued its charge against the young tauren.

"I must continue collecting these samples!" professed the unorthodox druid as if merely annoyed. Thrusting his hands high towards the sky, vines burst forth from the ground rooting the lumbering mass in place. "Almost got it all," he said as he pulled a small stick from his satchel and continued collecting samples. Luzran struggled against the vines finally ripping them from the ground. The stitched-together creature was now furious and nearly upon the fearless druid who lobbed the stick towards the giant menace. It exploded as it hit the ground stunning Luzaran. Manypaths collected the last of the ore and ran for the relative safety of woods just beyond the Dead Scar. Milkthistle slowly snuck up behind the incapacitated brute and severed its head with one quick swipe of her claws.

The prowling lions and bats kept their distance as Manypaths caught his breath under a dead tree. "Fine samples," he said to himself while adjusting his spectacles. "These will do nicely."

Shifting from her stealthed cat form, Milkthistle revealed herself to her charge. "You are going to be a problem, Manypaths," the senior druid said to her junior. "I can see that now. The Circle will never tolerate your methods for long."

"Hmph." The young druid snorted. "I don't care what the Cenarion Circle thinks of me. I've learned all I need to from them to continue down that path on my own."

The strict enforcer of Circle policy melted away from Milkthistle who now addressed the young druid as a fellow tauren. "You need not go your way alone. There are others like you who do things differently, yet unite to fight against the common enemy. They remain strong, resolute, steadfast to their aims just as you did back there in the Scar."

"Oh? Any of them scientists like myself?" asked the erudite tauren.

"I suspect some, yes," replied the feral mistress.

"Well then," Manypaths snorted, "where might I find these steadfast individuals?"

"There is a troll priest in Orgrimmar named Jinjinn. He won't be hard to miss; he'll be the one talking to himself. Find him."

"Oh!" Manypaths interjeted with excitement. "A troll with mental health issues. This I must study."

Milkthistle smiled politely and rolled her eyes.

Last edited by Jinjinn on 2008/05/15 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Roade

re: The Erudite Tauren

((Druid stories are always my favorite. They're so different from the rest of the typical Warcraft stories - this was very good. Your narrative's so fluid, I'm jealous. x) ))
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: