Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

re: [Open RP Thread] At the Silvermoon City Inn

"I must say honestly," her eyes locking on Skyspear, "this is far from odd for the Highlord. This is, not, the Highlord in any case. The one you reference is in a sense, in a form of purgatory, trapped within the mirror itself. What occurred at the ruins of the Scarlet Enclave was not done by the Highlord. Something, better someone, has taken control of his physical form, and now controls it like a puppet."

Cathrinia slings her way around the table, her eyes passing from person to person.

"The true Sunstriker lies trapped, imprisoned, and there is little chance for escape. What I fear is that there is more to this than simple mirrors..."

"You may inquire as to who exactly I am but it matters little, and would be a waste of time. All you should know is that this is not what you think it all to be."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris' eyes narrow a dangerous fraction. "If that's true, lady, I'd love to know how you came by that information."

Folami says nothing at the intrusion, her eyes studying the newcomer intently.

I knew I should have let Hesneri stand guard, she chides herself silently. Out loud she says, "We think it to be many things and one thing." She offers Cathrinia a wry smile. "Which means we have many theories and no answers so any light -- pardon my pun -- you shed on this will be quite welcomed. Keeping secrets does everyone involved a great disservice."

She glances at Keldris and then Skyspear, judging their body language and wondering how quickly they might respond should things turn ugly. After Deselynia, she's feeling paranoid.
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear snorts indelicately, and wholly unnecessarily since he rarely seems to breathe. "What I imagine this to be is, at its base, an unholy mess, and I have to say the information you offer us fits perfectly with that image." He reaches for his cup and takes a long sip of wine, as though to wash a foul taste from his mouth. "The question is, who now controls Sunstriker, and what are their aims? And for that matter, what are yours?"

Folami will notice that Skyspear is on edge, in fact he's never quite gotten back to his previous steady self since the vision, and the newcomer's appearance definitely hasn't helped.
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

"Unholy would be correct, something I am sure, judging by your looks, you know a great deal about." Her eyes flicker with something beyond rage.

"Do you know what once idled itself beneath the halls of Ulduar? The 'thing' that poisoned the wills and minds of it's keepers, and nearly shattered the world itself?"
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris came downstairs physically unarmed and unarmored -- and yet the lines of his shoulders and spine are combat-tense, and if he was slightly weary before this, he isn't any longer.

Skyspear cocks an eyebrow. "I usually deal with a different flavor, if you will, of world-shattering evil... but yes. Few of us who fought in Northrend managed to miss the influence of the Old God."
Jadedinsc
Champion

Folami feels the tension in the air and she forces her spine to relax against the back of the chair so she can at least try to put on a facade of calm. The meditation that helped her detach herself from her emotions has worn off now that she's done her job of examining the mirror, and all the memories of the vision are beginning to affect her.

Relax, Solivar isn't here any longer, she tries to tell herself. But the mirror is.

Her eyes follow whoever is speaking at the moment as she waits for them to push past their differences to discuss the matter at hand without sniping. She sips from her goblet and hopes no one notices the oh so slight tremor in her hand.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris takes a breath and releases it without speaking, taking a moment to force himself, if not completely calm, then at least somewhat further away from the edge of preferring a violent response. "So -- unless I'm taking you entirely wrong, you're saying that this Old God, the one who was imprisoned in Ulduar, is using the mirrors as...a vector of attack? A way to enter the world again?" He pauses, his gaze never leaving the newcomer. "It begs the question, why Sunstriker?"

Cathrinia lets a smile slip quickly across her face before dancing off behind a piercing gaze.

"You are correct in your assumption that I speak of an Old God, but it is not Yogg-Saron that I speak of. There are several Old Gods in fact, that I am sure you are aware of. Yogg-Saron, I am most sure of, is gone for good. Even if not, we have a long time to live before his return."

Cathrinia's eyes dance across those assembled. "Another Old God has come to light recently, and while we are aware of his... presence, we are unsure of his motives. I believe the one known as N'zath to be responsible for the recent.... possessions you have been seeing. While you may ask for proof, I will provide none but a simple question posed here. Who else?"

Resting her hands on the mantle of Folami's chair, her eyes settling down onto Skyspear.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"Well, just between you and me, if I were going to pick the ideal puppet for an eldritch abomination, a holy servant of the Light wouldn't necessarily be my first choice. Or, lacking that, even Baranthore Sunstriker." Keldris tone is, to put it mildy, rather tart. "'Who else' covers a pretty wide range of territory, lady, unless he did something to leave himself vulnerable. Do you know if he's been in contact with one of these mirrors?"

Cathrinia chuckles lightly, her hands slipping from the mantle of the chair sliding into her pocket, from which she draws out a silvery hilt.

"The blade, when plunged into the gut of your dear friend, *her eyes shoot to Keldris*, shattered. When shattered, it being an ethereal dagger, in a sense cursed your friend. This is the hilt of that dagger."

Cathrinia tosses the hilt onto the table, which rolls past some delicious looking pastries. The Reliquary has looked into this dagger, and the blade itself was made up of broken shards of such mirrors. Not only did Highlord Sunstriker come into contact with the mirrors, but he shattered them himself and reforged the pieces into an ethereal blade. Where he learned to craft such a... unique weapon is beyond me, and so it leaves only one possibility. What ever is controlling him, may be crafting and enchanting similar blades and mirrors, posing them to be true artifacts of the Highbourne."

With this note her face draws in, her brow furrowing and the glow behind her eyes fading gently.

"As to why Sunstriker was chosen, I believe it was precisely because he IS indeed a loyal servant of the Light. Just like Arthas..... he is so devout to the Light, so loving and so involved... *her words drift off for a moment* I believe the Highlord mistook the whispers of an Old God for the voice of the Light, that is why he was so steadfast in his actions and beliefs."

Sliding closer to Keldris her eyes seem to entirely lose their glow, now a dark purple beams out at the paladin.

"I believe the Old Gods... have realized how vulnerable we mortals are in this age.. With enemies all around, they know we would turn to our faith for guidance... They counted on it, and they used this to their advantage... N'Zath did not as much attempt to deceive the Highlord as much as the Highlord himself was blinded by faith."
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear catches the rolling hilt, holding it up for examination, his eyes narrowing. "This does have a distinct taint about it. At last, I believe we have a lead." He looks up at Cathrinia. "I don't suppose your next revelation will be a means of breaking the curse?"
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

Cathrinia chuckles softly as the golden glow returns to her eyes but quickly fade as a more serious expression takes hold of her.

"Oh... You were indeed serious about breaking the curse? There is no way to undo such a thing put in place by them... I fear the only... solution, I have for you.. Is to drive a stake through the heart of those affected and dabble no more with such dangerous toys.... The alternative I do think is out of the question.."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Baranthore wrote:
Cathrinia chuckles softly as the golden glow returns to her eyes but quickly fade as a more serious expression takes hold of her.

"Oh... You were indeed serious about breaking the curse? There is no way to undo such a thing put in place by them... I fear the only... solution, I have for you.. Is to drive a stake through the heart of those affected and dabble no more with such dangerous toys.... The alternative I do think is out of the question.."

"Killing the victims is not an option." Softly, with steel underlying it. "And if you know an alternative approach, I suggest you speak it now or I'll be forced to make one up as I go."

Page 2 of 5

Jump to: