Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

re: Rise of the Judicator

Thalarain nodded and pocketed his helm between his arm and chest. Luscrida and Marviwan quickly slid their helms from their heads and pocketed them, all six eyes locked on their commander the whole time. The followed in toe as the commander ascended the steps, one heavy sabaton after the other, each collision with the stairs echoing through all of Mardenholde Keep.

Two flights of stairs and up the ramp to command hall. Two guards on either side of the door nodded, and let the four crusaders through, their helms in their arms and their swords in their sheathes, nothing was out of place. The four strode up the stairs before the Highlord himself. Thalarian, Luscrida and Marviwan knelt down before the Highlord but their commander remained on his feet, staring straight up towards the Highlord.

"Tirion, we have sad idle for too long. The world around us comes crashing down at our feet and still we stand here, doing absolutely nothing. What will it take for the Argent Crusade to strike forth at an enemy. Do we wait until another order is on the brink of destruction and another lost hero comes forth from the darkness? There will be no second light Tirion, we must act now, before there is nothing left to fight for."

The Highlord turned from the papers on the table and looked down towards the commander.

"You were always headstrong and brash. You have not changed. Since Arthas fell you have done little but sharpen your sword and split your own tongue with your foolishness. The Argent Crusade has lent what support it can spare to both factions and the Earthern Ring, but we will not rush headlong into a fight that is so raw. We do not know anything of the Hammer's intentions, and how they are moving about their operations. The Alliance and Horde have jumped forth and are throwing countless lives away for the sake of sating their bloodlust. They have no idea what they face, and neither do we. There will be-"

"-a time for battle, but now is the time for thought. We have heard it a thousand times Tirion, but I see no thought. I see only the shell of a once great hero. You have served your purpose Tirion, but I will have no allegiance to an order that cannot act. My people, are in need of my aid, and I will not forsake them, as you would."

The insignia of the Crusade fell from the commander's hands, clattered onto the floor. Another medal fell to the ground, and than another, and another. The room fell silent save for the sound of metal falling onto wood. The Highlord did not flinch nor wince.

"I will serve only my people. I have no love the Horde, nor the Alliance. I leave now, with those who understand, and are willing to act, and we will do what you have failed to do so. I bid you good health Tirion, but I pray to the Light that you see the truth before it is erased."

Thalarian, Luscrida and Marviwan rose as Baranthore turned away from the Highlord. The four slowly marched out towards the door, the crusaders and champions within the hall held their eyes to the floor as they passed, and the Highlord turned back to his papers, shuffling them around and placing them in a neat stack at the end of the table.

The Highlord turned towards the door, his eyes closing for a moment.

"Light bless you, champions."

---

More to be added later.
Meton08
Champion

re: Rise of the Judicator

Very nice.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: