Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedHeadSamurai23

re: Zhouken's Introduction

Zhouken walked slowly upon the desert sands of Tanaris. The night had just rolled in, and everything was quiet. A soft breeze brushed his long red hair into his face; He took a small breath and blew it out of his eyes. The desert was no place to wander if you did not know the way, but that’s what he did, He wandered, looking for his destiny. Zhouken took a seat on one of the many innumerable sand dunes, and gazed up at the sky, the stars gilded the night like diamonds, all surrounded by the moon, its light casting a sliver glow over the entire desert.

Zhouken closed his eyes for a moment, then it happened, the soft sound of sand moving underfoot, he rose to his feet quickly only to miss the arrow aimed at him by inches. He was suddenly surrounded by a group of ten vicious looking men; all carrying swords and other weapons. They laughed and jeered as Zhouken grasped his sword, cursing himself softly for not hearing them earlier. A large man a little bit taller than him parted the group and stepped forward, as a smaller man walked over to him, “He doesn’t look like much boss, but that sword looks mighty nice, we might get something for it.” He said with a smile. The larger man stepped towards Zhouken, a smirk crossing his lips, “Give us the sword and we’ll let you live.” Zhouken shook his head, gripping his sword tighter, the sword had been crafted by his father, from the feathers of a phoenix, and he had given it the name Susaku. “And if I refuse?” he asked, holding the sword's hilt. “Then we’ll take it from you; by force if necessary.” replied the man.

Zhouken looked around him, he had been surrounded, and there was no way he could escape without bloodshed. The man took another step forward, “Then how bout this; We can fight over it, and whoever wins, will walk away from this.” The smirk never leaving the man’s face. “And If I refuse to fight?” Zhouken asked again, the man just shook his head, “Then I’ll tell my men here to kill you and that will be that.” He said. Zhouken looked around him, and cursed again; then nodded, “Very well. I agree.”

He said as the men stepped back and formed a large circle around both of them. The man unsheathed a large great sword from his back; he knelt and rubbed some sand onto his hands. Then with took a grip of his swords hilt, and charged at Zhouken. Zhouken charged toward him, his hands on Susaku's hilt, they closed the distance quickly, kicking up small puffs of sand in the process, there swings collided in the middle and a loud clang echoed into there ears, the weapons interlocked for a brief moment, Andoru pushed back, but the man was stronger, and he was tossed back by his brute force.

Zhouken tumbled back, his face covered in sand, he rose and brushed his face clean, in enough time to parry another blow from the larger man, He was a skilled swordsman even for his size. Zhouken barely had time to counter attack at all, and every time he did he was met with steel against steel, and a grin from the warrior, who would then continue his relentless assault. Zhouken tried desperately to find a weak spot in the mans form, but every time he got a second, he would have to dodge or parry the man’s sword. The men cheered around them, as their leader began to push Zhouken back.

Zhouken continued to parry, but the man was strong, and he wouldn't let up. Zhouken fell back a few steps, just enough time to regain his footing and counter attack, his blade sliced through the air only to be met by the cold steel of his opponents sword. Zhouken grinned, "You're good."

He grinned back “You to." he jumped back and attacked again, this time faster and Zhouken was caught off guard. He dodged out of the way, but he was still hit with a glancing blow from the sword, the man continued to attack, swinging in large arcs at him. His sword was large, a two handed weapon, and it was built of good steel. He continued to press his attack; Zhouken had no option but to dodge the large swings. All the time parrying what blows he could. The fight was beginning to take a toll on him, and he had been lucky up till now. One hit from the great sword and he would be done for.
He got close to Zhouken "You are a worthy opponent and I do not wish to take your life, but I can tell that this fight is starting to affect you" he mumbled to Zhouken.
Zhouken smiled back, "Don't let that bother you. I'm not done yet." The man swung again, this time a full swing, Zhouken barely missed it, and then he saw it, the opening he had been looking for, He hadn't figured it out until just then. He smirked as he jumped back from battle, and gave distance between them both. He sheathed his sword, "This fights over, you were a formidable opponent, but I'm going to win in the next move." he said

His opponent raised an eyebrow "then we have to see this" he stood back in a fighting stance, his sword out "then attack me"
Zhouken nodded, his hand tightened on his sword, and then he charged. The man stood there and waited, then swung right as he got in range. Zhouken watched as the swing came for him, in the second it would have killed him, he ducked the swing, leaving the man fully open to his attack. "Got you!" Zhouken yelled as he drew his sword with lightning speed and swung slicing the man's side, the wound wasn’t deep, but it was enough to cause the man to drop his sword and grab his side.

"You were a worthy opponent." he panted, holding his side tight, trying to keep the blood from flowing "Let this one go, and someone come here and help me up!" several of the men came over to help him.

Zhouken nodded. He said nothing though, there was nothing to say, everything that needed to be said was in there swords already. The men had parted and rushed to there leader. Zhouken walked past them all, he felt a soft breeze blow across his face, and he looked to the night sky. "Time to continue on..." he said to himself as he began his journey once again.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: