Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dharkoth
Champion

re: Penance

Dharkoth sat, in the darkness of the royal chamber hiding in one of the corners watching his Queen. It had been many days since he came to her explaining his weakness and shame, in the hopes of some form of penance. He needed that to somehow ease the shame he felt at this point. He had given in to the voices and to HIM. HE knew that Dharkoth was and would be weak near the scar as the voices of those slain there would speak to Dharkoth weakening him further. It was all that he needed to crawl out of his darkness in Dharkoth's mind and once again twist him to his will. It would of happened, if not for Solivar knocking him out and removing him from the scar, even then the voices and HE were still there digging and twisting for control.

Finally, though they carried him fighting and screaming to Undercity. A place he felt safe and the voices could not reach him, but the shame would follow him there. Shame for his weakness... shame for letting the others down... shame for letting HIM and the voices take over. Dharkoth knew he needed penance... needed to be punished... needed to be forgiven somehow, but in his dead heart knew there could be none for him. He was WEAK and HE who hid inside his head knew it as well.

He looked at his Queen, SHE who had set him free... SHE was all he had now... SHE was his world and worshiped her more than he knew he should of, but he could not help himself, for he owed her everything and more. He could not remember the one before HER sweet voice, well that was not totally true. He would remember things, see things that made him remember things, but was uncertain if they were truly his or not and if they were his... why could he not remember them better? Was this part of what HE did to Dharkoth? He did not know; all he knew was he had to pay somehow for this weakness. He knew he also needed to become stronger than the voices and HE who was inside of him. Dharkoth looked her way once more hoping she would motion him to her with an answer for him, but SHE did not.

It was this way for days now and Dharkoth knew that she would loose patience with him. He did not want to anger her, but he did not know what to do. SHE had told him SHE would come up with a suitable penance for him when it was time and that he could not hide here forever, so he would go out into the darkness of the world, as the shame he carried inside of him weighing heavily on his soul.... a soul he was not sure he had, since he had become what he was. He would then come back to the Royal chamber and his dark corner waiting for HER to tell him what to do next.

Dharkoth came back to the Royal chamber to find the Lady waiting for him. SHE sighed deeply , then gave him a smile. It lite the dark room up making him feel lighter, but knew that the time had come. Was he ready for this and did he even want to leave this place. It was safe for him here and the voices, as well as HIM did not get to him here.

He heard that sweet voice of hers speak to him,”Dharkoth, my child it is time for you to shed the skin of a child and become the man that you are. You can not stay here hiding any longer. It does not help you and it does not help me. You can not fight for me here. You can not bring others to me to further my cause by hiding here. So this is what I have decided. You will go from my chamber and find me those that can help my cause and you will fight for me as I know you can.”

Dharkoth was about to speak, but she held up a finger and spoke further. “Do not speak yet, till I have told you all. I know that you feel you are weak... and there is a part of you that is weak, but I sent you to one who has figured out how to control their own weakness. This person will help you, but you must try harder. You must fight HIM, who is in you. You must also know that it is not truly HIM, but one of those that you control trying to trick your mind during those moments of weakness. YOU are a warlock, a master of demons. I said MASTER... not a slave. THEY are YOURS to control... not YOU being THEIRS to control. This is something that you must remember. You must also remember I woke you from your hell. I did not do this, for you to be weak and useless. So, what I want you to do is find the one I sent you to and speak with him, but you must go. I am not banishing you from this chamber, for you are one of my children, but do not come here to hide. Now go and show HIM and those who have tried to make you theirs that you are not their for the taking. YOU are one of MINE.”

Dharkoth stood there fighting back the fear at first, but slowly understanding what she was saying to him. He had been a fool and felt it, but he also felt something else inside of he was not sure of what it was. Could it be pride, or anger for letting them do this to him. He was not sure, but knew what must be done. He looked at her finally and spoke,”You are so wise and correct. I am sorry I was such a fool and I will not let you down again, this I promise. I shall do as you command and thank you.” He bowed to her.

She gave him that warm smile and turned walking back to her dais. Dharkoth slowly straightened and made his way slowly from the Royal chamber a new determination in his steps. He knew what he had to do and he knew that he needed to speak with Solivar, as soon as he could. He would not let her down and he would not let Solivar or the others down. It was time for him to find strength and there was strength with those she sent him to.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: Penance

I meant to respond to this In Character, but the gods pointed and mocked at my ability to get anything done yesterday evening. I shall have a response out as swiftly as possible. ^_^

Jump to: