Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter Angellis
Champion

re: Eyolf

A continuation of the story "Something From Below"

Months had past since Eyolf's transformation. Times in which Eyolf would leave Angellis's side grew longer. Weeks would pass where the spirit beast would be no where in sight. Those gaps would be filled easily as the hunter found new sport. A more dangerous game in which he had previously avoided, the Alliance. It yielded good coin and it certainly helped maintain the proper appearance of being a loyal member of the Horde. Something that left less of a bitter taste each passing day in defending or recovering Wintergrasp Fortress, mostly defending.

His senses had grown stronger but he's felt his care for the Alliance fade. There was still the ache in the pit of his stomach when those with whom he was once allied years ago stood in his aim, readying their own instruments of punishment. This feeling, he buried with all the skills he'd acquired through rigorous training that had recently bled into the Arenas.

It was when he signed an arena charter that Angellis and Eyolf were last together.

"This is not your path" Eyolf spoke in no words, but in echoes and canine growls with unmoving maw to Angellis, "And you are not strong enough."

The Hunter sharply turned to Eyolf and hissed back in a scolding tone, "my path is what I decide. You are no one to tell me otherwise." Words Angellis had never used previously and has been too busy to regret since.

Had his voice not grown in intensity, perhaps Eyolf would not have been scared off. Then again, in Angellis's mind, Eyolf could understand every stinging word he delivered to his wolf companion. This anomaly, though unnatural, was nothing Angellis concerned himself with proving or disproving. After all, he was far too busy slaying his former compatriots.

Everything is fleeting and can be adapted, even in the case of basic instincts. The natural world itself could transform to something completely alien and yet, given some time and without any of it to reflect upon these changes, the foreign can become commonplace. This is how Angellis came to fight beside a fel hound. A purpose never sought before manifested into an obsession that led Angellis onto an unknown path. Grimork, a fel hound with a ravenous disposition filled a bit of this gap Angellis was left with after Eyolf fled the maddened Sin'Dorei. Now, the fel hound played a willing role of assisting in the venture towards Icecrown Citadel and beyond.

Desperation leads to desperate acts. Spindle, an undead spider he had captured in a manner that might have been considered cruel to him in another time. Eight bony legs bound tightly as it was dragged down the side of a mountain on which it had built it's home. It took several days for the creature to submit to Angellis' will. Ever since, the large arachnid had lived to only see combat against the alliance.

At night, only the body rests. The hunter becomes the hunted. His thoughts trapped within deeds he cannot forget or forgive. Every night becomes more bearable. Something is changing. Things still linger. Eyolf's departing growl remains to confuse and enrage:

"Eyolf? Eyolf is no longer."

Apologies for the delay in commenting.

I just want to say that I like this piece a great deal. It's both spare and yet intensely evocative of Angellis' mental/emotional state and communicates the very distinct impression of his own perceived fall from grace. Altogether excellent.

And deeper more regrettable apologies for not meeting with you last night. I really hate how things slip my mind. And this time Day had no reason to remind me. I am embarrassed to say Day reminds me often to remember things. I should have played the absent minded undead.

You should really write things down...

WoW - Chabindi Photobucket TSW - PirateHollis
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Hunter Angellis wrote:
And deeper more regrettable apologies for not meeting with you last night. I really hate how things slip my mind. And this time Day had no reason to remind me. I am embarrassed to say Day reminds me often to remember things. I should have played the absent minded undead.

It's okay --- I ended up being dragged away from the computer by kid aggro myself. >_< Cranky miserable two year olds wanting their mommies...

Jump to: