Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren Tereos
Guardian - Charter Master

re: Response: Confirmed/Prospective 4/1 Tavern Night Attendees

Lordaeron was a ruined city. It's towering ramparts toppled, it's paved streets cracked, it's waters choked with poison. While the city had most assuredly died, slain by the Lich King and his ravening Scourge, new “life” of a sort could be found deep below Capital City, in the areas formerly regulated to tombs, dungeons, and sewers. The Forsaken, the freed peoples of the Scourge, under command of the Dark Lady, Sylvanas Windrunner, had reclaimed the city from their former kin. Unfortunately, for the risen dead, former kin meant both the still living of Lordaeron and Scourge armies. The wreckage of both conflicts could still be found. Scattered throughout the city there were abandoned siege weapons, crates of moldering food, and the coffins used to house the citizens of Lordaeron during more civilized times.

I saw it today. Well, it was always there, but I saw it really today. I remembered it. When I was in the army. When I was a soldier, we used them to carry corpses of the dead. I don't remember if they were our dead, but they were definitely dead. But we threw them away too, at our enemies. This had to have been different than the other war. I wasn't a soldier then.

But when did I become a solider. I must have been one, if I was in an army. Don't remember being trained, any commanding officers, just the wagon. Blades used to spin as it moved. Chewed up earth, skin, and bone all the same. But, I don't think I was in an army. I'd have remembered, even with forgetting a lot. I remembered the meat wagon. But, now it's just a thing with cobwebs. Wonder where the spiders went?

The Undercity was a city wrecked and reborn. The wreckage was everywhere; the Forsaken didn't exactly place neatness amongst their virtues. So, it was unlikely that anyone would find some crumpled paper nested casually in the cogs of a former weapon of terror employed by the Scourge. It was more likely that the paper would find the same fate as its resting place: dust and decay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: