Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lolie Nolie

re: Like Taking Candy

"You are sure this will work?" Jacquelinne's voice was quiet, almost hushed as she spoke to the heavily shrouded man standing before her. His face in its entirety was not visible beneath the covering, in fact the only solid portion of his body that she could make out was his chin. Darting back and forth, her crisp topaz eyes scanned the surrounding area including him. It was as if she were looking for something or someone. Uneasily she reached into her coin purse. Even though the corner they stood in was dark, she could not shake the feeling of being watched and watched closely. It had been her hope that he would simply mail her what she needed to achieve her goal but he refused, so here she stood; impatient might she add.

"If this is not as you led me to believe it is, I will come back for my money." She growled, pausing to watch his chin drop slightly, before adding firmly, "-And- your blood."

Shoving the purse towards his chest she snatched the package he held out to her. Hastily, she pushed it deep within a sack and tucked it safely under her arm.

"Blood!" She yelled over her shoulder from several paces away, her eyes locked threateningly to his before turning the corner and stalking out of the tunnel that linked the Undercity's war quarter with its trade quarter.

Stopping once at the vault, she withdrew several of the tools she kept there. Carefully she wrapped each one and placed them into the same sack as the recently purchased package. Retreiving her hearthing stone from somewhere inside her armor she squeezed it lightly. Muttering, she felt herself pull away from the world.

Jacquelinne, who had never grown accustomed to that fashion of travel, hefted up the more cumbersome sack and all but ran out of the Filthy Animal Tavern. Lost in thought, she pushed her way awkwardly through the crowded streets of Dalaran, not caring who or what she was bumping into. Her mind toiled as she neared the flightmaster. Would it work? Could it work? Unable to bite back the grin plastering itself across her face, try as she may, she mounted her winged steed and urged it north towards Icecrown. The words 'mine, will be mine' repeated within her thoughts as she was carried into the sky.

The flight was quick and she was thankful for it. She could feel her entire body coiling anxiously and with each second she grew closer to her destination, closer to her victory. The sheer look on his face would be reward enough forever but if more came from it then she would take it.

Here they are... she thought and circled the area once. Reigning her mount up, she shot suddenly downwards and guided her skeletal gryphon onto a nearby snowbank. She would keep it at the ready incase anything were to go wrong and required a hasty retreat but there would be no need, she assured herself; this victory would be hers. Cautiously, she crept towards the edge of the embankment. There they were, skulking around below her, their beady eyes darting this way and that. Two, four, nine, twelve. Twelve total. She could handle twelve if she really had to or atleast she hoped. No turning back now. Ripping the package quietly, Jacquelinne palmed several of the items that were inside. Rearing her hand back she flung them forward, grunting as she did. Just as her hand let them go her mind skipped backwards to the antagonistic conversation that brough this entire event to fruition.

"I believe you have something of mine," she had remarked assertively. "Give it here."

His eyes scanned her curiously from head to toe, his lips turning up into a small coy smile. "You cannot have it. It was given to me and I happen to -like- it."

"I don't care if you like it, pup, it wasn't -his- to give away." Her finger shot accusingly over her shoulder at a barely visible figure; it cowered. "Now it is mine and I want it back!" She had felt her chest heaving up and down slightly, aggrivated by his unwillingness to return what was so obviously hers. For a moment she considered striking him right then and there but the ring was too crowded with jousters and she was unsure of whether or not any of -them- would strike first and ask more questions later as she was about to do.

"This is the last time I will ask nicely or I am going to take it by force. Give. Me. What. Is. MINE!" Her tone wasn't exactly nice, persay, and really she had demanded rather than asked for it but it was hers, anyone could see that.

"Force, huh? You and what army?"

"Thissss army," she whispered to herself.

Several of the pieces landed amongst the group below her, their heads turning in unison towards the small, "thunk" sounds. Without warning they began scrambling all over eachother, fighting and clawing towards the precious incentives she had thrown their way. She was able to turn ten of them with the package she had brought and under any other circumstance she would have stayed to try and lure away the remaining two but today she was exceptionally impatient. She wanted what was hers and she wanted it now.

Brushing several silver locks of hair away from her face she addressed the group in front of her. Expectantly they shuffled around her, those same beady eyes locked onto the box in her hands. It was not entirely empty, she knew it, they knew it and they'd follow her for it.

"Come," she barked.

Turning on her heels, her cloak billowed about her ankles and she started down the slope towards the Argent Tournament. Reaching the bottom she could see the wooden outline of the western most jousting ring. The flags he carried whipped roughly through the air, Argent flags, but that would not deter her.

"Danny!" She yelled from ten or so feet behind him.

"It's Squire Danny," the child retorted, a toothy grin on his face as he turned around towards the familiarity of her voice.

"I require what is mine pup, I am asking you one last time to give it to me or I am taking it. Right. Now."

She could see his eyes flicking back and forth across the small army of minions at her feet. That's right, fear th--. Laughter jarred her thoughts as the small boy doubled over in front of her.

"Y-you..you're.." he snorted several more times before a fit of giggles consumed him. "You're expecting me to be scared o-oh-of.. THEM?!" He burst out laughing again. "They don't listen to you!"

"Oh no?" She remarked casually. "They do when I have these."

Shoving her hand into the package Jacquelinne pulled out several small tawny cookie-like objects and tossed them into the penguin flock that followed her. Squaking they pushed and writhed in an effort to scarf down the tiny delicious snacks. Hurling one towards the boy, the penguins lunged in his direction.

"I don't think they'd take kindly to you stealing what is -theirs- either. Do you?" A sly malicious grin spread across her face as she aimed another of the treats directly at him.

"Don't you dare!" He squealed at her.

Dare I? Oh.. I do. "Then give it to me."

"N-no! It's mine, the ghoul gave it to me!"

"I don't care what you say, it was not his to give to you. Now give me back my tabard!"

Foolishly, while jousting, she had grown into the habit of handing her tabard to her ghoul while she was competing. Very rarely had it misbehaved as it used to but two days ago when she was distracted with earning the right to represent the Undercity, the stupid thing had all but handed it to the boy who kept watch. Afterwards, as she saw his grubby little hands pull it over his head, she requested it back and he refused. He wore it now as well. Obviously cut for an adult the front flap of her tabard drug upon the ground. The tips of his shoes stepped on it as he stood there, pulling the material taut down the front of his little body. Grunting, he balled his fists tightly and placed them upon his hips, shaking his head no. Her Ebon Blade tabard was precious to her, it would not simply be replaced, and she would have it back one way or another.

"Very well then."

With that she threw the treat in her hand directly at him. Black and white blurs followed suit as the snack sailed through the air and bounced against the front of his shoulder. His sudden shriek as the penguins tackled him elicited a snarky 'hmph' from the irate death knight. Strutting towards him she reached into the crowd and yanked him roughly up into the air by his arm. Pulling the garment over his head, she quickly balled it up and stuffed it into the front of her armor. Heaving, the boy stared up at her, his face contorted into an angry pained expression.

"You should have just given it to me when I asked the first time."

With that, his tongue shot out at her, his entire face scrunching up as he growled. To her it sounded more like a whine but it no longer mattered; she had acquired what she came for.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you it was impolite to stick out your tongue, Danny?"

"No, but my mother -did- teach me that ..."

He began to recite a short string of insults at her in a language she didn't understand. The way he spit and rolled his tongue she assumed it was something in Dwarven but she didn't particulary wish to have him clarify. Letting go of the boy's hand she dropped him carelessly onto the ground, simultaneously dumping the contents of the package on top of him. Turning away from the tournament, Jacquelinne traipsed back towards where her winged steed was waiting. Danny's yelps and howls as the penguins continued to dogpile him echoed in her ears as she went.

((added image in direct but was huge and wouldn't take my resizes..bah!))
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/jacqrawr/WoWScrnShot_051109_143406.jpg
Mahre

re: Like Taking Candy

I loved this story,, and the photo is great! Well done =)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: