Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maulek

re: Maulek, the Tragedy

It's been three years... three peaceful years since Maulek and Belaris Suroban had gone their seperate ways. Belaris married to Dana Rocson and had birthed a beautiful three year old son, Benjamin Suroban. Like any story of hatred and death this one begins over a girl... the girl. So let's turn back the hands of time so you can get a better understanding of this tragic hero.

Four years ago that day

Maulek woke with a startled expression, his pastey face glazed with a summer sweat. He rolled over to last nights meal of corn and apples staring him in the face, a guilt ridden frown spreads across his maw. "Damn, Belaris will be pissed that i stole his crops again... Ben and Dana have been the only ones eating the stuff so my stealing this shit isn't getting him back" he pulled on his black leather pants and his sleeveless cloth shirt ready for a hard day. Quietly he thought to himself "Well if that bastard had'nt left me to starve while he fooled around with my ex-girl friend i wouldn't have to steal like a mangey dog". Maulek stood from his spot on the hard wood floor of the small farm house, staring out the door he could see that it was still pitch black out.

"What in the hell... guess i'll go back to bed then." Without warning a searing pain knocked him to the floor, Maulek began coughing torrents of blood upon the dirtied wood. He reached up to his face covering his eyes with his hands screaming agonies in words of pain and anguish. The pain dimmed a bit and Maulek became numb to it, grabbing a mirror he could see the reflection of the new monster he had become. "My God... Bel.. Bel!" he stumbled from the farm house drooling a mixture of saliva and blood, screaming for his older brother like an animal enraged and confused. He slammed his now claws against the door of his brothers house, the door opened and Dana stood at the entrance holding Ben in her arms. "Maulek, dear...God what's happened to you?!" Maulek dug his claws into the wooden frame of the door "Bel?" he sneered.

"Quiet can't you see Benjamin is sleeping? Belaris isn't here, our crops were stolen during the night so he had to head to town to get us dinner." Breathing, heavy ragged breathing was the only response she would get from Maulek. In fear she slowly turned to see the beast in the darkness whose eyes glowed like the moon "...Maulek...oh my.." Suddenly Maulek was upon her, knocking tiny Benjamin to the floor. Her screams were muffled by the sound of gurgling blood as they both fell to the ground, his ruthlessness...his cunning...she was no match for such evil. Dead she lay there, her eyes lifeless and grey it was now Benjamins turn. Maulek turned to the tiny frame on the floor, but to his suprise Ben was already white as a ghost "Ben?...Ben!" Humanity returned to Maulek as he grasped the child close to him "Dear God what have i done...Ben!".

The Door flung open and their stood Belaris Suroban, his eyes and mouth open with not fear but something much worse. Maulek placed the child on the ground and grabbed onto Belaris' pants weeping like a wounded calf in the dark "Bel! Brother please i don't know what happened!" then to his own horror all he heard from his own mouth was jibberish and disgusting gurgeling noises. Belaris' eyes filled with tears as he saw his wife and son lifeless on the floor behind his once brothers sprawled out body, he began to beat mercilessly upon the once human body of Maulek Suroban breaking bones and rending flesh. He walked over Mauleks broken body to his wife and child, he held them rocking back and forth weeping. Maulek crawled out of the house and found his way back to the farm house where he would stay until his wounds were healed.

From that day fourth Belaris Suroban hunted his brother Maulek to the ends of Azeroth with little progress so far. But one day the two will meet again, and Belaris will get his revenge. As for Maulek...there are no words for what guilt he still feels to this day, and on the day his brother comes for him...he will give himself willingly.
Jinjinn

Good story. What was the next horror Maulek was forced to commit by the bidding of the Lich King?
Mahre

Very sad story indeed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: