View previous topic :: View next topic  
- Zentao -
Guardian - Raid Master

re: What are you hoping to see in the Trailer?

Tomorrow, the trailer for MoP is probably going to be released. This thread... http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/15/what-are-you-hoping-to-see-in-the-cinematic-tomorrow/ ...poses the subject question. But, since i do not subscribe to that forum and can't pot a comment, I'm posting mine here...

*A low flying camera over the Pandarian landscape, tranquil sounds with a slowly growing sound of battle off in the distance*

*The camera crests a hill to a wide-angle shot of an epic battle taking place in the valley below. The battle sounds erupt from a slow burn to a torrent of noise that prompts you to turn down the volume on your computer, as the camera flys between flaying weapons and downed foes,you get the sensation to duck in your chair*

*Narration speaks to the new race and the destruction the Horde/Alliance conflict has brought to their lands *camera focus on two Pandaria, each wearing the colors of their opposing factions, fighting each other just as the narration mentions how they have been drawn into the conflict with brothers now fighting brothers...*

*Various cut aways show Garrosh leading a fierce attack from the front line... while others show a cross-faction group of a mix of Horde and Alliance, led by the young Alliance Prince, cutting through a thick wooded area...*

*Narration focuses on the main antagonist, Garrosh, and how his blind fury will potentially destroy all of Azeroth and how the now mortal Aspects no longer possess the power to intervene *cut scene shows Alexstrasza, in full battle armor, falling to a precision blow delt by Garrosh himself*

Narration transitions to the necessary outcome... the Horde must be eradicated or someone else must take up the mantle of War Chief *just then the cross-faction scouting party breaks through the thick into a clearing revealing the back of an Orc Shaman... internal struggle and conflict wear heavy on his face as the camera pans around... will he answer the call? Or will he leave Azeroth with this wife and child *camera cuts to Aggra and a swaddled Orc child with Nagrand has the backdrop*

Camera cuts to Garrosh standing atop the main gate into Orgrimmar, wielding two large blood-covered weapons yelling down to the assembling army outside the gate...

The camera pans across the front line showing Humans next to Trolls, next to Night Elves, Next to Tauren, next to a cap... camera stops, pans back to the gap, then down to show a Goblin and Gnome next to each other... all of which are wearing a common tabard whose crest is a mix between the Horde and Alliance symbols...

Camera pans towards the leading squad... Jaina, Vol'jin, Anduin, and Thrall... but, will Garrosh's alliance prove too much to overcome...

*camera cuts to Garrosh just as a squad of Grimtotem flank him*

It is to be noted that the Forsaken are obviously not mentioned in the trailer... their roll will be revealed in a forthcoming content patch.

Anyway... that is what I'd like to see in the trailer... how about you?

Darren Tereos
Guardian - Charter Master

I'd like to see something that manages to hook me on the main content of the expansion: Pandaria. So far, what I'm excited about are the side aspects (new talents, BGs, Pet Battles, etc.) and the pre-expansion event (Theramore in Flames!). I would love for the trailer to grab me like the very first trailer I ever saw for WoW, the cinematic for vanilla WoW, where even the dwarf nostril flares caught my eye. So far, from what I've seen of MoP, the Pandaran and the monk class seem neat, but fail to take my breath away.

And pshaw, Forsaken will always have forever. ;)

Guardian - Charter Master

Well, it's up and available. It's definitely a good cinema and has some really nice moments, particularly when the Orc and Human encounter the Pandaran. Still don't really want to play a Pandarian or a monk...yet. At some point I'll give it a shot though.

Veteran

When the Monk does minimalist dodges... Joel Grey "Remo Williams"

I admit: that high-pitched squealing some of you heard yesterday morning was probably me. Happy

The completely dumbfounded looks on both the orc and the human and then the passing of the makeshift weapon was quite possibly the best thing ever. I still put the epic that was the Wrath trailer somewhat higher, but Mists is a damn close second.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online