View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revrynn
Veteran

re: Vial of the Sands

I have a list thread on the realm forum with names of all those that can produce this item. Also comments on experiences in archaeology.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4365749399

Who in <Steadfast> would like to be on this list?
Twinyarrow
Bard

Cool List. Thanks for compiling it.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

I have two alchemists, Solivar and Ashatha, who could theoretically produce the Vial should they ever come into possession of the recipe.

Inasmuch as I find Archaeology to be the VERY BEST CURE FOR INSOMNIA IN THE NINE WORLDS, this is extremely unlikely unless another Steadfastian archaeology junkie feels very generous one day.

Twinyarrow wrote:
Cool List. Thanks for compiling it.

My pleasure, but somewhat self-serving.

I am applying for membership in <Steadfast>. I wish to show a history of service to the community.
Twinyarrow
Bard

As I am hunting for the Extinct Turtle Shell Shield, I will be grinding arch rather regularly. (Yes. I am 525 and leveled my pally from 80 to 85 on Archaeology alone. If I get it you will, Solivar. Sorry to the rest but the family who can visit harm upon my physical person gets first dibbs.)
Revrynn
Veteran

WHEN I get the recipe... I will make the Vial for any guildie, free with their mats. Mats run 34K-38K gold. 29K of that is vendor mats, so it can't be cut. If my goblin "Best Deals Anywhere" is getting me a price reduction you do not have I will, of course, buy those vendor mats.

When it comes to the RP use of the dragon... as those that were at last Thursday's RP event in Gilneas can tell you... I have a spirit link to a dragon and can call to them. If you can somehow justify being able to turn into a dragon... go for it.

Revrynn wrote:
WHEN I get the recipe... I will make the Vial for any guildie, free with their mats. Mats run 34K-38K gold. 29K of that is vendor mats, so it can't be cut. If my goblin "Best Deals Anywhere" is getting me a price reduction you do not have I will, of course, buy those vendor mats.

When it comes to the RP use of the dragon... as those that were at last Thursday's RP event in Gilneas can tell you... I have a spirit link to a dragon and can call to them. If you can somehow justify being able to turn into a dragon... go for it.

Yeah...the minimum 29K price tag is the other reason why I will never be making one of these. :P

I have a bid on AH for a Vial that will set me up financially for MoP. My next one will be for a guildie. I'd like to have suggestions as to who would most likely ICly have this. For instance: I can call a dragon because of my association with the Airborne Priests of Bilgewater Harbor.

OK... who?

Also my AH Vial is bid on by a troll named Garyowen. Anyone catch the reference? If not, watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7RPjQxjmA&feature=related

A very stirring tune, but... hold y'r enthusiasm. This Virginian is none too pleased with the exploits of those damned Yankees. "spelled doom to the Red race" indeed!

A less inspiring version.

For balance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZkS0uYrpo\

And to cap it off...

"You go down there..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGAdzn5_KU

The smile in the last frame... remember that.

A fellow guildie's IC reason to be able to turn into a Dragon?? Hmm... having not been involved in RP lately, I have no clue... but I will say that even it if was Darren... he probably would have forgotten that he could. wink

I will say this though, gifting a vial to a guildie is a pretty epic gesture... one that I would think would be based more on who 'you' would like to give it to rather than who 'we' think should have it.

But, if you are still of the mindset that you would like to gift one to a fellow guild-member and you don't have anyone in particular in-mind... here are three suggestions:

1. You mentioned IC'ly... this narrows the field to RP'ers... as such maybe a off-line conversation with the RP Guardian & Officer. Who knows, maybe you could not only ID who you think should have it... but then you could also work it into the plot and surprise the person during an RP event.

2. Open the pool to guild-wide and consult with the Officer Corps who can then vote on a candidate they feel is deserving. If you open to guild-wide, I think some Guild compensation would be in-order as well; those aren't cheap to make you know. But this is my least favorite idea since it opens the door to nepotism and animosity... "Oh, the officers like you better, they made you a Dragon... kiss-@$$" Not a likely reaction based on the maturity level of our membership, but a potential reaction none-the less.

3. Let the RNG decided... next guild meeting, all in attendance have the opportunity to roll. And to make it exciting... make it reverse raffel'ish... highest roll - out... remaining reroll... highest roll - out... keep going until the person who has survived and rolled the lowest number, gets it.

Just a couple ideas... it's tough coming up with a good way to give such an epic gift away, isn't it?

Revrynn
Veteran

Well not the next guild meeting. I'll need a couple weeks to craft the mats. Mostly Truegold...

RP: my story is not that I can turn into a dragon, but that I can summon one. If somebody can come up with a reasonable reason to be able to turn into a dragon...

And different concept, I misspoke. Not "Who should have this?" but rather "Where should this resource be placed that it will most benefit the guild?"

OK, so who is the RP Officer?

Raises hand under the Bard sign. Rev, with the amount of cost and mats involved, I am not fit to tell you whom would be most deserving of such an honor. It would be as such with any such a rarity. That being said, that does not mean I would not be willing and/or eager to help you come up with a reason and rationale for such a rare gift as being able to summon this dragon.

Some thoughts free for use or discard as you may see fit:
1) The dragon is of a bloodline now extinct and the discovery of this creature goes hand in hand with the age of the titans. A messenger line, the purpose of which was to act as pre-global communications network and transporters, The mysteries of the Tol'vir contain the spell/technology to recreate this lost line.

2) Polymorph magic used by pre-titan species (Tauren, Trollish-Nelf ancestor) the secret of which was retained by the Tol'vir line of kings and which was buried with Emperor Nijter.

3)A lost race of elemental dragons whos existence was barred but the Titan's mechanations. With the lost of Titan defences and Deathwings re-emergence into the world, their existence can no longer be prevented. Their place is an unknown amongst the now mortal Dragonflights.

Feel free to use or discard at your will.
Revrynn
Veteran

I have requested a consultation with Officers. Thank you for your suggestions.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None