View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highwynn

re: Mists of Pandaria

This was up over on MMO-Champion...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2399-Mists-of-Pandaria
Quote:
For the record, the international codes 009 and 041 only seems to appear on Blizzard's online games trademarks. This isn't a book or anything like that. It appears incredibly likely based on previous trademarks obtained by Blizzard that this is the next expansion.

So Blizzard has registered the trademark "Mists of Pandaria"

Lot's of speculation over what this is about.

It's interesting to be sure. This is the site that called Cataclysm before the announcement at Blizzcon. They could be using that reputation to play a joke too or just be wrong.

Regardless... interesting to me and perhaps others in Steadfast.
Jadedinsc
Champion

OMFG Cata's Jesse and Pride have an hour-long video up doing all sorts of "theory-crafting" as they call it about this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3WGdj9L5co&feature=feedu

Highwynn

I have fun hearing theories and things about new stuff. Happy

Thanks for this. I can actually listen today while I get some other business done.
Highwynn

Ok those guys are kinda nutty but there were some interesting ideas.

I need to go back and play WC3 now. Happy

Monk class would be kinda fun. Islands to the south are pretty much all I know of that has been mentioned but we haven't seen (except the Goblin starting areas).

It'll be interesting to see what this turns out to be. I notice it's all over the place now - not just MMO-Champion.
Darren Tereos
Guardian - Charter Master

Though I haven't gotten to listen to all of the podcast yet, I can see it being a separate game rather than an expansion. I'm not sure that the Pandarans have the same compelling story that Deathwing, Arthas, or Illidan have had. Plus, how long has it been since there was an actual single player game associated with the Warcraft franchise? It would be interesting to see them return to that method of storytelling for a visit.

Yeah I've seen some people speculate it could be a Warcraft IV RTS game and we know Blizzard is all about on-line only with ever game right now.

I think the expansion talk is just because it fits the same pattern of WotLK and Cata trademarks before announcements at BlizzCon but that doesn't mean it's an expansion.

Could be a phone app game for Brewfest.

Anyone remember "Tapper" Happy
Jadedinsc
Champion

Yeah, Jesse Cox is pretty nutty, but I love watching his play-throughs of various games on YouTube, particularly when he does his voices. (It helps that he's a voice actor in real life.) Pride (the other guy) is the one who does OMFG Cata's Lore 4 Noobs series, and he's a huge nerd about lore in general.

They openly admit they're being wildly speculative, but they believe this is an expansion title. Of course they also mentioned the possibility for a Warcraft IV sort of deal. I found their talk about where Cata is headed pretty interesting, especially after reading Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects (which was a disappointing book with regard to the story, but also has me coming up with my own ideas about what's going to happen in the coming Cata patches).

Highwynn

I like nutty people. In a fun goofy way is how I mean that. Enjoyed listening to that especially with my own brain having fun with the concept possibility.

Well time will tell. It could end up being like last year's World of Shorecraft the Jersey Shore MMO gag at BlizzCon.
Jadedinsc
Champion

I do wonder if this is meant to be a gag or, as you said, an app and they're going to be shocked by the positive response of a lot of fans and will reconsider making it official rather than a gag.

Also, if they introduced a monk or a martial-arts styled class that allowed the use of fists, I'd finally be able to convince my boyfriend to play WoW.

Highwynn

Ha! Love wowcrendor and he did a post on this.

http://youtu.be/9IcUMGaqhzA

"Wow there's panda and we're going to panda-world whahhhhaaaaa... what's going on with my brain."

Yeah I'm easily amused but laughing is good for you.

(oh yeah he made the Panda Monk break dance while he talked... heheh)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Public Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None