Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [RP] Into Dire Maul

Steadfast's venture into Dire Maul is actually a multi-session endeavor that played out across several days and several logs. For the sake of tidiness, I will be posting them all here in this thread.

[Steadfast gathers in Camp Mojahe in Feralas.]

[Solivar is standing on the balcony overlooking the green-watered river that runs through the camp.]

Jarrand greets you with a hearty hello!
Jarrand says: Still staring into water?

Solivar turns away from the view and bows low in greeting.
Solivar says: It seems to be becoming a habit for me, I agree.

Jarrand says: There's a lot to be told by the elements, but water is difficult to grasp.

Solivar smiles wryly.
Solivar says: I fear the elements have little to say to the likes of me. Thank you for coming, Windspeaker, at such short notice and at my request.

Jarrand says: Even when they don't talk to us directly, they have something to say.
Jarrand says: Like a tiny whirlpool, it takes patience to see past the foamed waves to the center.

Solivar glances out over the balcony, at the towering, vine-draped trees and the gently shimmering water of the stream below.

[Meton drops off the eaves of the roof above and lands on the balcony between them.]

Meton says: Hey.

Jarrand hails Meton.

Solivar says: Has water shown *you* something of late --
Solivar pauses and bows from the shoulders.
Solivar says: ...Show-off.

Jarrand says: I get the feeling that there's something to be seen, beyond the waves, but the message is unclear.
Jarrand says: The elements have been agitated, hurt, and not always clear in their own requests.

Solivar says: Many things have met that definition of late. ::dry as the desert air::

Meton says: Indeed.

Jarrand says: But, for now that is the shaman's path. Your feet have been leading you elsewhere, have they not?

Solivar smiles faintly.
Solivar says: They have. Shall we go inside? There is something I wish to show you...

Jarrand says: Secrets and shadows...

Solivar extracts from his pack a map case and a small, extraordinarily thick book, spreading both out on the floor in front of the brazier.

Jarrand says: What do you have written there?

Solivar says: Something Dharkoth said when we spoke last stuck in my mind...I have had little to do of late but think and read....

Meton says: Ah yes...sorry about the whole shackles thing.

Solivar says: He said that he found the fragment of the soul mirror that he possesses near Dire Maul.
Solivar says: No apologies are necessary, Meton, it was for the best...

Jarrand says: Old land of the elves, so I hear.

Solivar taps the map carefully.
Solivar says: Yes. I was not...myself when Kalimdor ceased to be a mythical land that my ancestors fled...
Solivar says: But since then much has been learned. Dire Maul was once a city known as Eldre'Thalas in the days before the world was Sundered.
Solivar says: An abode of sorcerers, if the scholarship on the issue is correct.

Jarrand says: Fine place to find a relic of the elves.

Solivar says: I do not know where Baranthore came by his piece, but I have no reason to doubt that Dharkoth did find his there -- and if there is one, there may be others.
Solivar says: Or perhaps even records of the mirror and its creation stored somewhere in the ruins of the city itself.

Jarrand says: And the ogre rats that have overrun these lands?

Solivar says: I have no quarrel with them provided that they have not succumbed to any sort of taint.
Solivar grimaces.
Solivar says: Well. More tainted than they are in general.

Jarrand says: Their kind is not of the best toward the lands...this world any other they find.

Solivar says: If you would accompany me in this, I would be grateful.

Jarrand nods at you.

Solivar says: Thank you. The ruins are, I believe, only a short distance beyond here...

[Meton’s companion, the bronze dragon Chrona, joins the group as they mount up.]

Solivar takes a bone whistle between his teeth and summons his gryphon.

Jarrand says: An obedient pet.

Solivar pets the drake's nose fondly and whispers something to her.

[Steadfast takes wing to the ruins of Eldre’thalas, now known as Dire Maul, landing in the remains of a pavilion outside the city proper.]

Meton says: Oh here...I've been here before.

Jarrand hails Deselynian.

Solivar says: Greetings, lady.

Deselynian says: Hey what did i Miss sorry im late found something interesting

Jarrand says: So have we.

Solivar says: Oh? Dare I ask?

Deselynian says: I dont know if now is the best time maybe after you fill me in on what we are doing here.

Solivar says: We came to investigate this place -- if Dharkoth found his piece of the soul mirror here, it is possible that there are not only other fragments, but also clues to its construction.
Solivar says: After all...this place was once a kaldorei city. If any remnants of their old sorceries remain, it would likely be in places like this.

Deselynian says: Oh then its a good thing i came. I found something around blackfathom that is very interesting. i had to keep it in its own bag

Solivar inclines a questioning brow.

Jarrand says: You spoke of that place before...another place in the lands of the elves.

Deselynian sits down and opens her bags
Deselynian starts to unwrap a shard of the Highborne Soul Mirror

Jarrand says: Another fragment...

Deselynian says: was Held in the hands of the druid in this statue

Solivar says: Lady...be careful. Do not handle it more than you have to.

Deselynian shows everyone the Druid and Priest Statue Set she found
Deselynian says: i have not let my bare hands touch it yet

Solivar says: Good. Try not to let it capture your reflection, either.

Deselynian says: Will do *rewraps the shard and places it back in her bag*

Solivar says: This place...Black Fathom...where is it?

Deselynian says: It is in Ashenvale right on the coast.

Jarrand says: Far further into the elves' lands than this place is now.

Deselynian says: I’m afraid the deeper we go the more shards we will find.

Solivar nods and glances up at the towering alabaster walls above.

Meton says: I can handle them if you wish.

Deselynian laughs

Meton says: The mirror already showed me all it can.

Solivar says: ...I think that may be wise.

Jarrand says: This is a strange magic we hunt, the fire that illuminates also scorches the skin.

Deselynian says: just what we need is one person carrying all the shards what happens if Baranthore gets to you.

Meton says: I can handle him.

Solivar says: You may well be able to do so. But if that comes to pass...try not to harm him.

Deselynian says: i still dont like the idea.

Meton says: No promises Solivar.

Jarrand says: Indeed, I think it not likely to be a sparring match amongst friends.

Deselynian says: i think Baran would be out for blood.

Solivar says: No. But Baranthore is not responsible for his actions. His mind is not his own.

Meton says: If it comes down to be him or us, I choose us.

Jarrand says: Befuddled as he is, he is still a brother in battle.

Deselynian says: I choose both. blunt to head = knocked out baran and there we go

Solivar says: His enormously thick skull may require more than one blow, but the principle remains the same.
Solivar smiles wryly.

Meton says: Good thing I have this then.

Deselynian chuckles

Solivar eyes Meton's gigantic mace with a certain horrified amusement.
Solivar says: That would, indeed, make an impression on his mind. That being said...perhaps we should make our way inside?

Meton says: Of course.

Jarrand says: Yes.

Deselynian says: Good idea

Jarrand says: How best to enter into the ruins?

Solivar says: I do not recall if Dharkoth found his fragment within or without...but any records would not likely be out here under the trees.

Meton says: Does it have a front door?

Solivar says: From above?

Deselynian says: I agree with the above tactic

Meton says: Alright then.

[Steadfast takes to the air again and below, in the vine-choked, ogre-ridden streets, a familiar tauren figure is spotted.]

Jarrand says: I think our druid friend is afoot

Solivar says: I do believe I saw a familiar face.

Deselynian says: I do to

[The group lands and speeds off in pursuit of Shalo’ro Mistrunner, the tauren druid who aided them in the Crossroads. The streets of Dire Maul are an echoing maze of high white walls and deep alcoves, threaded through with vines and all the growth of the forest, prowled by ogres and the beasts they tame to aid them...among other, less wholesome things.]

The Ghosts of Eldreth whisper: The corruption bleeds through these walls.

Jarrand greets Shaloro warmly.

Shaloro slowly looks up.
Shaloro says: Hail.
Shaloro looks at Jarrand.

Jarrand says: Tracks in the earth, we meet again.

Shaloro says: We meet again, Shaman.
Shaloro bows down graciously.

Solivar stops dead in his tracks, head tilted slightly.

Deselynian says: Hail Old friend, acquaintance or ally whatever you prefer.

Jarrand says: We know what brings us here, but what has brought you to these lands?

Meton says: Hello again.
Meton 's drake Chrona smiles as well as she can in drake form and gives Shaloro an enthisiastic greeting.

Shaloro nods his head gently as if lost in thought.
Shaloro gestures a hand through the passageway.
Shaloro says: These are the ancient halls of the elves... and they have long remained silent...
Shaloro says: But now... the spirits cry out, and new hosts have taken to the halls...

Jarrand says: Ogres
Jarrand spits on the ground.

Shaloro says: The Earth Mother has spoken of the corruption within these halls, and I am here to investigate.
Shaloro nods.
Shaloro says: Now, friends, what brings you here?

Deselynian says: Nothing really a mirror here a mirror there.

Jarrand says: Chasing relics. It's funny how they find themselves reaching forward from the past to be such a bother to us now.

Shaloro makes a groaning noise, almost as if thinking aloud to himself.
Shaloro says: Still with the mirror....

Meton says: *Chrona looks between Jarrand and Shaloro* "Speaking of ogres...would it be in bad taste to eat one?"

Jarrand says: They would taste bad.

Deselynian says: sorry we are a little vain *pretends to look in a mirror*

Meton says: Ha!
Meton looks down at Chrona.

Shaloro says: Why seek more of these mirros... has one not plagued you enough?

Meton says: Yeah...you don't want to be picking ogre out of your teeth.

Shaloro looks towards Solivar peeringly.

Meton says: And I don't want to smell it.

Jarrand says: A cracked mirror reflects only a portion, the whole thing might show a different story.

Deselynian says: it only plagued us cause we don’t understand in we come here for knowledge about it.

Meton says: Mirror didn't seem all that bad when I looked into it. I suppose it depends on the person looking in though.

Jarrand says: Just like any mirror.

Meton laughs.
Meton says: Suppose so my friend.

Shaloro says: Hmm... If you seek to venture into the halls of Eldreth, perhaps I shall walk with you.
Shaloro says: There is much I have to do here, and perhaps company is not a bad idea, if your graces would allow.

Jarrand says: Your company is welcome, Shaloro.

Shaloro nods at Jarrand.
Shaloro looks at Solivar, peering for a name.

Solivar comes back to himself with a visible start, blinking rapidly several times.

Shaloro says: You feel different death knight, you do not seem so chaotic within...

Deselynian says: Solivar next time you space out, i do have a fish on me don’t make me use it.

Solivar says: I have...had some fortune in that regard, yes.

Shaloro nods.
Shaloro says: That is good to see...

Meton says: See Solivar, that time in Acherus did wonders.

Solivar bows from the neck in thanks for the druid's concern.

Shaloro looks towards the other death knight, unaware of a name.
Shaloro says: Acherus?

Meton says: Acherus, the Death Knight stronghold.
Meton says: It lies above the Eastern Plaguelands.

Shaloro rubs his chin hair.
Shaloro says: Ah...

Meton says: Or flies I should say...or would levitate be the right word.

Deselynian says: Shhh Meton first rule of Acherus

Shaloro says: Perhaps we should proceed into the halls then...

Deselynian says: Very well

Shaloro says: The corruption spreads with each passing moment.

Meton says: Ah yes first rule, tell everyone how to get in to piss off Mograine.

Deselynian says: Exactly

Shaloro drops several more acorns on the ground as he begins to walk towards the hallway.

Solivar says: Yes...The ghosts that reside here are...restless.

Jarrand says: And so are the rest of the inhabitants...coincidence?

Shaloro says: More than restless..
Shaloro says: Corrupted.

Chrona says: "Hey Meton, I'm gonna stay outside here. I'm not a big fan of dungeons with corrupted artifacts inside."
Meton says: Alright.

Shaloro sinks his hooves into the dirt, life blooms behind him as he walks.
Shaloro says: So you seek more pieces of the mirror?

Meton waves her goodbye as he faces toward their destination.

Deselynian says: you must have it all to study it

[At the edge of the great coloseum of Eldre’thalas, the group finds a column of light shining up from the sands far below.]

Shaloro rubs his chin again, peering down at the moonlight.
Shaloro says: An elder spirit resides below..

Meton says: Alright then

Deselynian says: Interesting. why would one reside here.

Shaloro says: Perhaps he will have clues for your search.

Solivar says: A pure spirit?

Jarrand says: Another relic, so to speak.

Shaloro says: Yes. There are many elders which have resisted the corruption of the ages.

Meton says: What are you all waiting for?!

[Without noticeable hesitation, Meton jumps into the pit.]

Solivar rubs his eyes.
Solivar says: That boy. If my hair were not already white...

[The rest of the group follows, and finds Meton communing with the spirit of a tauren elder, suspended in a column that stretches from the sands of the coloseum into the sky far overhead.]

Meton says: Interesting. She claims my soul burns with fire even though I'm dead.
Meton says: Good stuff.

Shaloro laughs.
Shaloro says: This elder, she is of my tribe.
Shaloro says: [Taurahe] Awak ishte
Shaloro says: [Taurahe] E towa balo tatanka mani haloyakee

Jarrand says: Ahh, your people are as old to these lands as the elves?

Shaloro nods at Jarrand.

Solivar glances sidelong at the druid.

Meton says: Still need to learn the tauren language at some point. Guess I never needed it in my ventures.

Elder Mistwalker says: Hail, child. What brings you here to the eternal halls of Eldreth?

Shaloro says: [Taurahe] Ishte tawaporah towa balo tatanka mani haloyakee Shne tawa pawene wa alo pikialo pikialo wa alo kashu

Elder Mistwalker says: Why would such young ones seek such old and forgotten things?

Shaloro looks to Solivar, nodding at him to answer.

Solivar says: One of our comrades has fallen under the sway of such a thing, lady. We seek a means of freeing him from its power.

Elder Mistwalker says: Fallen under by a mirror? What nonsense is this young one?
Elder Mistwalker says: Fallen under what?

Jarrand says: Elder, a curse or a spell, we know not, but it corrupts him in spirit and in mind.

Elder Mistwalker kneels on the ground and scoops up some of the dirt.

Solivar says: It caused him to turn on us, Elder.

Elder Mistwalker says: Anything that once was of value, is now here in this soil. What ever you seek, however foolish it may be, is still here. Search these ruins, but remember that the more you dig, the more you will find.
Elder Mistwalker says: Perhaps you will find something you do not wish to see...

Shaloro bows before Elder Mistwalker.
Shaloro says: [Taurahe] Tanka chi ishte

Deselynian says: If i didnt want to see it i would not be lookin

Solivar says: ...I suppose this means that whatever survived of their written works does not survive any longer.

Elder Mistwalker says: The texts of the elves still resides in these halls.
Elder Mistwalker says: The Highbourne still reside here, and within their library, you would find such texts. They are well guarded however, travelers.

Solivar blinks, visibly surprised.

Deselynian says: guards are nothing for me. Meton on the other hand cant handle a fly

Jarrand says: What guardians remain?

Meton says: We shall see about that.

Deselynian says: you said you were waiting here anyway

Elder Mistwalker says: The Shen'Dralar still remain.

Jarrand says: Shen'Dralar?
Jarrand says: Another tribe of the elves?

Deselynian says: yea i know of them and they know of me i dont think they will like seeing me again.

Solivar says: I was not aware that there were still kaldorei sorcerers.

Elder Mistwalker says: Prince Tortheldrin leads the elves here. They were children of Queen Azshara, and made this their home. They have been in hiding, but recently, they have begun to venture outside the walls of Eldrethar.

Shaloro looks to Solivar.
Shaloro says: They reside within the Athenaeum
Shaloro nods to the west.

Jarrand states softly, "Athenaeum," the sound rumbling in his chest.

Elder Mistwalker says: Becareful should you venture into these halls. They are now cursed, and hounded by demons and restless spirits.

Solivar says: ....A library. This may be what we truly need here, if we are to learn of how the soul mirror was made and what its purpose was.

Jarrand says: And who will read the words?

Elder Mistwalker nods towards Shalo'ro.

Deselynian says: Once appon a time therer was a mirror?

Elder Mistwalker The Mistwalker tribe is well versed in many of the ancient texts of the elves.

Jarrand says: As if your path was laid out for us to find.

Solivar says: Darnassian and Thalassian share common roots, as well. If our brother the sage cannot read them, we may be able to puzzle them out nonetheless.

Elder Mistwalker says: We, were some of the first druids, along side the elves, trained by Cenarius. We studied alongside the elves for many years, and learned much about their culture.

Shaloro nods at you.

Solivar bows deeply in thanks to the Elder.

Deselynian says: oh you know kidnap a nightelf to translate

Elder Mistwalker lets the dirt slip through her fingers, falling back down to the earth, a small glass shard appearing in the pile.

Jarrand says: Better to ask, it would not be the first time alliances have spread across the canyon.

Elder Mistwalker says: Take this shard young ones, if this is something you truly wish to seek completed.
Elder Mistwalker bows before you, and begins to fade.

Shaloro bows before Elder Mistwalker.

Deselynian bows before Elder Mistwalker.

Jarrand bows before Elder Mistwalker.

Meton nods at Elder Mistwalker.

Shaloro says: Is this truly something you intend to follow through with travelers? Is tampering with the old what will truly save your friend?

Deselynian says: Well if it doesnt i can sell the shards to people i hate to make them insane and make a profit.

Solivar glances down at the fragment of glass in his palm.

Shaloro looks at you.

Jarrand says: There is not yet another current to follow in solving the malady that plagues the paladin.

Shaloro nods.
Shaloro says: This way then if you seek the library.
Shaloro nods at the wooden door behind him.

Solivar says: It is as the Windspeaker said. We have little choice at this point.

[The group makes their way out of the coloseum and back into the mazelike streets of Dire Maul, searching for the entry to the city’s great Athenaeum and, hopefully, answers. Unfortunately, it is the walls of the coloseum that loom before them again as they re-remerge from the maze.]

Shaloro groans as leaves swirl around him and he takes on the form of a Moonkin.
Shaloro breathes deeply.

Solivar says: Does anyone else feel they have just walked in a circle?

Shaloro says: The Earth Mother struggles here. Something dark lies within the library.

Jarrand says: Always

Meton says: A bit.

Shaloro says: But I feel my strength returning to me.

[The group re-enters the maze, and this time finds what they seek.]

Shaloro bows before Estulan.

Jarrand greets Estulan warmly.

Estulan says: Hail Adventurers.

Jarrand says: We find ourselves in search of the library. We only seek knowledge, what we can through the corruption.

Estulan glances around at the new comers, curious as to their make up.
Estulan says: Corruption?

Jarrand says: The outskirts are covered with ogres and here I see the trees themselves rage.

[Deselynian proves this point by killing several of the corrupted, highly mobile trees skittering about the area in an overly hostile manner.]

Estulan says: What do you seek here in our library?

Solivar says: Deselynian...Perhaps a bit less violence? Our mission here is a peaceful one of learning, after all.

Deselynian says: Oh fine should i water them?

Solivar says: We seek knowledge of an artifact called the mirror of souls.

Estulan furrows his brow.
Estulan says: I am unsure of any reason you would have to seek such an item, or knowledge pretaining to it, but who am I to deny you the power of knowledge.

Jarrand thanks Estulan.

Deselynian says: My question is was there more then one?

Estulan says: These commons and gardens are swarming with restless ancients. You will have to work your way through them as best you can.
Estulan says: More than one mirror?

Jarrand says: They will be returned to the earth with respect.

Estulan says: Of course! Why would we carry any less than two? What it one were to break?

Deselynian says: Thought so

Estulan bows before Jarrand.

Solivar bows deeply.

Estulan says: The library can be found just off of these gardens, but you will have to pass through the Immortal Coil, and I suggest you do not interfere within there.

Solivar says: I thank you for your aid, Elder.

Deselynian says: One more question before i leave you

Estulan says: It is a pleasure. Yes, and I one for you.

Deselynian says: Does this Druid and Priest Statue Set have anything to do with the mirrors?

Estulan says: Hmmm... I do not believe so young one.

Jarrand says: I suggest, with the winds at our back, we make our way further. The night isn't getting longer.

Estulan says: Ahh, before you leave though, one question.

Deselynian says: Then i am confused and must contemplate something
Deselynian says: What would that be?

Estulan says: Some of you are no doubt elven in ancestry, but you seem so different that I.. or any of the elves I have seen...
Estulan says: Where do you hail from?

Meton says: We're all Death Knights.

Jarrand lets out a hearty chuckle.

Meton says: If that's what you mean.

Jarrand says: We are?

Meton says: Well, the elves.

Estulan says: Hmmm does being one with death make you short? And pale?

Solivar says: We come from Quel'Thalas...the homeland of our people, the quel'dorei.

Deselynian says: I am from Northrend born and raised then I became a deathknight and thats the end of that story

Meton says: Shorter no, pale maybe. I didn't spend all that much time in blazing suns.

Jarrand says: You've not seen much of the world outside?

Estulan says: Quel'dorei? You are followers of Drath'Remar?

Solivar says: He and his companions were the founders of our homeland.

Deselynian says: If it gets us by then yes if it gets me hunted then no

Estulan says: Ahh, I have heard only stories of him before he departed this land. Give him my regards travelers, and I hope you find what you seek.
Estulan bows.
Estulan whispers: Be careful of Immol'thar... He should not be released, stay away.

Shaloro bows before Estulan.

Jarrand nods at Estulan.

Shaloro groans as leaves swirl around him and he takes on the form of a Moonkin.

[The group makes its way across the vast garden of the Shen’Dralar, filled with Ancient guardian trees and assorted plants of a martial and extremely hostile nature, statuary of surpassing elegance and delicacy, and crystalline structures of unusual radiance and beauty.]

Jarrand says: Far from a library as of yet.

Deselynian says: I hope we find information about the full mirror and now that I know there is more then one im happy

Shaloro stares up at the Pylon, clearly in awe.

Jarrand says: Ghosts

Shaloro plants seeds at the foot of the fallen ancient.

Jarrand says: An old tree.
Jarrand says: A shame to cut it down.

Shaloro says: Once a great protector.
Shaloro says: We must move on.
Shaloro says: I sense great, dark magic within this hall...

[The group enters the outer halls of the Athenaeum, where they find the great demon Immol’thar bound in a cage of arcane force, thronged with the ghosts of fallen elves.]

Shaloro stops to gaze in awe at the giant prison.

Jarrand says: This place is thick with magic.

Shaloro says: I had only heard stories of the great magics held within these halls...

Meton says: I know right?

Solivar tastes the arcane forces in the air, eyes half-lidded.

Meton says: I'll have him on Sundays

Jarrand says: Funny place to hide one's knowledge.

Shaloro says: Beyond this door...
Shaloro says: This must be the library.

[The enormous door to the Athenaeum opens, revealing a vast open hall filled almost literally floor to ceiling with books, and elves -- the Shen’Dralar, descendants of the lost kaldorei sorcerers who did not depart Kalimdor with Dath’remar Sunstrider.]

Jarrand says: Seems you are correct, druid.

Shaloro says: I feel that is the one you should speak with.

Jarrand says: But to find one book in here, like finding a raindrop in a river.

Shaloro says: I know his aging face well.

Solivar looks as though he has just died and gone to bibliophile paradise.

Shaloro says: He is the leader of this people... he would know of what you seek.
Shaloro says: I... must rest for a moment, go ahead.

Meton says: Solivar, you look like I did when I found the Argent Armory.
Meton says: Or that harem.

Jarrand greets Prince Tortheldrin warmly.

Deselynian says: I feel slightly weak i am going to sit down
Deselynian sits down slowly.

Prince Tortheldrin inclines his head regally in greeting, palely glowing eyes sweeping across the group.

Jarrand says: We come here, Prince, seeking a book.

Prince Tortheldrin eyes Jarrand with something close to suspicion, his brow furrowing slightly.

Shaloro bows before Prince Tortheldrin.

Jarrand says: As do many I'm sure, but ours carries with it the means to unseating a pebble in one's boot, so to speak.

Prince Tortheldrin says: We have, as you perceive, many such tomes -- a repository of knowledge such that exists in few other places.
Prince Tortheldrin says: Oh?

Deselynian slowly slides her hand in her bag and fiddles with something

Prince Tortheldrin inclines his head in greeting to the druid.

Jarrand says: Aye, regarding an artifact of your people that has made itself the bitterest of fruits.
Jarrand says: We have a fragment that stems from the same source.
Jarrand nods at Deselynian.

Deselynian says: oh um here

Prince Tortheldrin says: Oh? How so? The fruit of the tree of knowledge is rarely bitter or sweet in itself...but rather the use made of it...

Deselynian pulls the almost unwraped peice of the mirror out of the bag her hand was in.
Deselynian says: this is what i found.

Prince Tortheldrin extends a hand to Deslynian, the gesture imperious and commanding.
Prince Tortheldrin says: May I see this thing, child?

Deselynian hands over the shard showing only a moment of reluctance.
Deselynian says: here you go

Prince Tortheldrin accepts the object and opens his wrappings. For a moment, his face is utterly without expression.
Prince Tortheldrin 's eyes narrow to burning golden slits.
Prince Tortheldrin says: Where did you find this?

Deselynian says: Up in ashenvale Sir. By the blackfathom Depths

Prince Tortheldrin says: This...is indeed a most unfortunate discovery, young one.
Prince Tortheldrin closes the wrappings but does not hand it back, the dangerous light fading from his eyes, his face settling into lines that almost seem haggard.

Deselynian says: I understand that i also understand you wont tell us the most important details about the mirror i can see it on your face.

Prince Tortheldrin says: It is good that you have come here, children, though I wish a less dire cause had brought you to my door.
Prince Tortheldrin gazes evenly at Deselynian for a moment, then turns away, back to Jarrand.

Jarrand says: It is only the greatest of forces that moves the mountain.

Deselynian says: and trust me Jarrand is harder to move then a mountain alot of the time.

Prince Tortheldrin says: You may wish to discipline your subordinate's tongue. I will tell you what I may...though I doubt it will bring you much joy...

Jarrand says: I rule over no elf.

Shaloro says: [Darnassian] I thero'shan ash adore mush alah'ni al'shar ethala, shar neph'o da su osa mandalas thus.
Shaloro bows before Jarrand.
Shaloro bows before Prince Tortheldrin.

Jarrand says: But, we do need your help. The relic found its way to another who was not ready to find it. The thing has hurt him, a hurting he has since turned upon us.

Prince Tortheldrin says: And tonight I have duties to which I must attend. I will have my servants bring you to chambers were you may take your rest for now, as my honored guests.
Prince Tortheldrin gestures to a waiting handmaiden.

Meton looks at the handmaiden. "Hmm...not bad."

Deselynian says: with all do respect sir I have some things to attend to I would request a leave until morning.

Jarrand says: Your generosity is grand, but we can find camp ourselves.

Prince Tortheldrin says: You have traveled far to see me. Take your liesure -- we shall speak on the morrow's evening.

Shaloro says: [Darnassian] Bandu osa, al'shar ethala.

Meton says: Thank you Prince.

Solivar | Prince Tortheldrin smiles thinly.

Meton bows down graciously.

Deselynian does the best bow she can while sitting down

Jarrand thanks Prince Tortheldrin.

Prince Tortheldrin says: You are entirely welcome in my home.
Prince Tortheldrin bows deeply and walks away quickly -- still carrying the shard.

Deselynian slowly rises to hr feet only stumbling once and plays it off.

Shaloro begins to walk away.

Deselynian waves at Shaloro.

Prince Tortheldrin turns quickly for a moment, gazing towards the departing druid.
Prince Tortheldrin says: Druid, please hold a moment, I wish words with you in private.

Shaloro turns slowly.

Jarrand peers at Shen'dralar Wisp searchingly.

Solivar says: I suppose there may be worse places to spend a day.

Meton says: Indeed.

Shaloro says: Friends, I will speak with you soon.
Shaloro nods at Prince Tortheldrin.

Jarrand says: Until then, druid.

Meton says: Actually Solivar, I have something to discuss with you when possible.

Jarrand says: The spirits fill these walls.

Solivar says: What would that be?

Deselynian says: I have something to attend to i must be off... Goodbye friends
Deselynian runs off before anyone can comment

Meton says: Goodbye Deselynian.

Jarrand waves goodbye to Deselynian. Farewell!

Meton says: It's about what I saw in the mirror.

Solivar says: ...What did you see?

Meton says: I saw how my final death happens.

Jarrand says: Such knowledge has rarely helped those who stumble across it.

Meton says: I am happy with how I go, it looks to be quite the battle.

Solivar says: What are you not saying now?

Meton says: But the only catch is that I don't know *when* the battle will be.
Meton says: It was vague.
Meton says: I didn't see my foe so it could be any day now or a few hundred years down the line for all I know.

Deselynian sits down upstairs and pulls out another wraped cloth she his in the bag.

Jarrand says: So you have one facet of the crystal that is your future.

Solivar says: Meton...we cannot trust anything the mirror shows us.

Meton says: But knowing how things are now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was sooner rather than later.

Deselynian unwraps about half a mirror and smiles to herself.

Solivar says: We cannot permit this thing to turn us against each other. Or not more than it has already.

Jarrand says: It has done enough

Deselynian is heard from upstairs saying "i wont let them find you not until i find the rest of you"

Meton says: I'm not any more paranoid than I have been-
Meton says: Did you hear that?

Jarrand says: Whispers on the wind.

Solivar says: In any case...we may wish to take our rest before we wear out the patience of our gracious host...and his servants.

Deselynian rewraps the the mirror and shoves it back into her bag

Meton says: Just one thing though. Consider it a possible last request.
Meton says: Don't tell Chrona.

Solivar says: ...I give you my word that I will not.

Jarrand's uncomfortable night on the floor of the Athenaeum's guest quarters goes here:

http://steadfast-swc.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6405673&gid=34779

[The next morning, Steadfast rises and meets again -- joined by a new arrival who has been traveling in the vicinity...]

You salute Jarrand with respect.

Jarrand greets Dharkoth warmly.
Jarrand says: So, we are new guests, like newly fallen snow here, I think.

Meton says: From the look of it, they don't get all too many of our type 'round here.

Jarrand agrees with Meton.

Solivar says: Nor visitors who remain for any length of time.

Jarrand says: And why would they?

Solivar glances around at the enormous store of knowledge the bookcase-lined walls represent.
Solivar says: I can imagine a few reasons.

Jarrand says: Printed word is one way of storing information.

Dharkoth says: someone here should know something of the mirror and a possible connection with the old ones I would think. They are lorekeepers

Jarrand says: Maybe they do.
Jarrand says: Maybe they have their own crooked rivers to follow.

Solivar glances over his shoulder, and nods slightly.
Solivar says: It seems...somewhat unlikely that they would lack *all* knowledge.

Dharkoth glances at the books in front of him

Jarrand says: No, but lacking and willing are two different words

Solivar says: I spent much of the early afternoon having a fairly unsatisfying conversation with the woman who escorted us to our quarters...

Jarrand glances at the Shen'dralar Zealot

Meton says: Oh?
Meton says: Not your type eh?

Solivar says: She claimed no specific knowledge of the mirror of souls.
Solivar gives Meton a long-suffering look.

Meton says: That bad? Damn.

Jarrand says: Was she speaking truth to you, or did it raise the hairs on your neck to be told falsehoods?

Shaloro says: [Taurahe] Awak tatanka

Jarrand hails Shaloro.

Solivar says: It is difficult to say -- she did admit that the library contained a significant quantity of information about the construction and uses of arcane mirrors in general.

Jarrand says: Good to see you with us again, Druid.

Solivar bows deeply in greeting.

Shaloro scratches his chin calmly.
Shaloro says: Still with mirrors and magics... Hmm...

Jarrand says: Is it not what we have come here for?

Dharkoth says: interesting

Shaloro says: Perhaps...

Solivar says: She declined to tell me where to begin looking....the Prince appears to have given instructions in that regard.

Shaloro sniffs the air as a breeze rushes through the cracks in the old wooden doors.

Jarrand says: I am not surprised.
Jarrand says: I've heard enough to know he does not see what we do.

Shaloro rests himself against his staff, clearly exausted.
Shaloro says: The Prince, Shaman?

Jarrand says: Yes, him.

Shaloro says: He sees less than what we do, but in many ways, he sees more.
Shaloro says: While you seek the powers of these objects, he sees the origin of such magics, and objects.
Shaloro says: More lies within the creation and empowerment, than lies within the enchantment itself.

The Ghosts of Eldreth whisper: This is not a city but a prison, flee while you are still of your own will!

Jarrand says: Maybe, but the enchantment has been what we have been befouled by.

Shaloro says: Then perhaps in seeking the origin, you will unlock the enchantment itself.

Solivar says: That is my hope.

Dharkoth looks quickly around
Dharkoth says: what???
Dharkoth says: did you hear that?

Shaloro looks up to the warlock.
Shaloro says: What you hear is only sound, friend.

Jarrand says: You hear something, Ears?

Dharkoth says: none of you heard that voice?

Jarrand says: None but your own.

Shaloro looks back to the group.

Dharkoth says: very well then

Shaloro says: There is one here I believe that would know of such origins... He was an enchanter of the Shen'dralar long ago.. he has since passed on, but his spirit remains.

Jarrand says: And how has his spirit remained within these walls?

Shaloro laughs.
Shaloro says: Those that once walked these halls, have never left.
Shaloro says: They are bound here.

Dharkoth says: Eldreth?

Jarrand says: So I am to understand.

Shaloro peers around at the elves around him, clearly uneased with such a topic.
Shaloro says: Yes.

Dharkoth says: and you did not hear him just a minute ago?

Shaloro says: Pay no mind to the voices of the past right now friend, they shall be heard in time, but now is not then.

Jarrand says: So from here we look for knowledge?

Solivar says: I...have not heard the voices of the dead since I entered the lower halls here. That is actually somewhat unusual.

Dharkoth says: then why did he just speak to me?

Jarrand says: Call it your charming personality, Ears.

Dharkoth says: he said this place was his prison

Shaloro scratches his chin.
Shaloro says: The voice speaks the truth in that.

Dharkoth says: and we should flee while we still have our will to do such a thing

Shaloro looks amused, but unmoved.

Jarrand says: Without gaining what we seek?

Meton says: Guess that explains why the Shen'Dalar walked by our rooms to..."check" on us in shifts throughout the night.

Jarrand says: Death Knight, you have some knowledge to share?

Dharkoth says: you spent the night here?

Shaloro nods at Dharkoth.

Meton says: Yes, I decided to keep watch during our downtime from where I was. From time to time I would walk out of the room to stretch my legs and I caught some dirty glares.
Meton says: Whispering here and there.

Jarrand says: So we are watched.

Solivar says: And kept relatively contained.

Jarrand lets out a long, drawn-out sigh.
Jarrand says: We should find what we need and leave, should what we wish to find be here.

The Ghosts of Eldreth whisper: You cannot leave.

Dharkoth says: what are you looking for?

Solivar says: I tend to agree...but we must be cautious in this.

Dharkoth says: we will see about that

Jarrand says: More of the mirror that has found us in our midst.

Dharkoth says: he is very annoying

Solivar says: Has he spoken again, Dharkoth?

Dharkoth says: yes it seem he does not think I can leave this place
Dharkoth says: he does not know me that well
Dharkoth says: I have learned to get out of many places I should not of

Solivar says: ...I wonder...

Dharkoth says: wonder what?

Solivar says: Let us find a place a bit less well-traveled.

Shaloro nods slowly.
Shaloro slowly eases himself onto the bench.

Jarrand says: So, we find a quiet corner filled with books.

Dharkoth begins looking at the tomes

Jarrand says: Ears, you strike me as a reader of the printed word. What do you find?

Dharkoth says: some interesting tomes

Jarrand says: To do with what we search or more histories of forgotten people?

Dharkoth says: history mostly, but there are tomes here on ordinary things as well
Dharkoth says: weather
Dharkoth says: the soil
Dharkoth says: plants
Dharkoth says: animals

Jarrand says: Nothing to speak of reflections?

Dharkoth says: nothing unless it is hidden inside

The wind sweeps through room with a force not yet seen within these halls.

Dharkoth says: your doing windspeaker?

Jarrand says: None of mine, but perhaps something to be heard.

Shaloro says: Hmm..
Shaloro looks towards the now open door across the room.

Jarrand listens to the whispers on the wind.

Shaloro says: What do you hear Shaman?

Jarrand says: Mumbles. But, there is something to be heard.

Shaloro nods slowly.

Jarrand says: We find ourselves in a strange place.
Jarrand glances at a nearby book.
Jarrand says: I do not think we should be so comfortable in amongst the dead pages and living spirits.

Dharkoth says: it is a place for answers is it not?

Jarrand says: It is a place for words.

The wind rushes through the room once again, tearing the pages from open books across the tables.

Dharkoth says: words hold power and knowledge most of the time

Jarrand looks to see the scattered pages.

Shaloro says: The Earth Mother calls from the depths of these halls.
Shaloro says: I go to her now, and I shall find you elsewhere friends.

Solivar says: And something else, as well.

Shaloro says: Something sits ill within these halls.

Dharkoth says: would seem that Eldreth likes making himself known

Jarrand says: Best luck in your search.
Jarrand waves goodbye to Shaloro. Farewell!

Shaloro nods.
Shaloro looks at you.

Solivar says: Be careful, brother druid.

Shaloro says: You look well friend, I hope your strength comes from within, and I hope you fare better than I saw you before.
Shaloro says: Be careful, friends.

Jarrand says: And you as well

Dharkoth says: strange

Solivar says: On the matter of voices half-heard....

Jarrand says: Yes?

Solivar says: It may be possible to let Eldreth speak to all of us.

Jarrand says: Beyond the whispers?

Solivar says: And to...require answers of him, as well. Yes.
Solivar says: I cannot hear him...but I can invite him to speak through me.

Jarrand says: Answers we could use

Dharkoth says: is that wise?

Jarrand says: Is it needed?

Solivar says: There is a certain amount of risk -- but we are already taking a greater one by coming here, I think.

Meton says: Fair enough.
Meton says: Go for it then.

Dharkoth says: you are already at great risk

Solivar says: As to the necessity...we may not know until we try. Dharkoth, has he responded to your words?

Dharkoth says: he has not spoken since he told me I would not leave here

Jarrand says: He?

Dharkoth says: Eldreth

Solivar says: Are you certain the voice you heard was male?

Dharkoth says: it was a whisper

Jarrand nods at Dharkoth.

Dharkoth says: I figured that Eldreth was a male, I could be wrong

Jarrand says: I do not know that it matters much. The dead do not care so much for these things.

Dharkoth says: not true

Solivar says: Some do not. Some care very greatly.

Jarrand says: In the manner of the living?

Meton says: Well, shall we contact this spirit?

Solivar says: In the manner of maintaining identity in the world beyond life.

Jarrand says: You would know better of such things.

Dharkoth says: if all that is needed is a container for this spirit allow Aelrah to do that

Solivar says: I can work the magic...but I cannot guarantee an answer.

Dharkoth says: it will be safer than Solivar

Solivar eyes the demon silently for a moment.

Dharkoth says: She is a good girl really

Jarrand laughs.

Meton laughs to himself for a moment at that comment.

Jarrand says: We've said such things many a time before.

Dharkoth says: and she is my friend

Solivar says: ...I am certain she is. ::wryly:: A good girl, that is.
Solivar says: Still...you have a point.
Solivar removes his right gauntlet, tucking it into his belt and drawing a small, glass-bladed knife, glinting dully in the firelight.

Dharkoth says: this will not hurt her?

Solivar slices a long, deep gash across his right palm, cupping his hand to contain the blood as it wells up.
Solivar says: Not at all.
Solivar sheaths the knife and kneels at the demon's feet, hand-drawing a circle of runes in his own dark blood and licking the excess away as he rises.

Dharkoth places a hand on Aelrah's shoulder, you will be fine I promise

Jarrand looks at you.

Solivar says: The circle is the ritual focus and also the means by which the spirit will be both bound and dismissed...
Solivar says: We need only call it.

Jarrand says: Best be careful with such blood magics.

Solivar says: Not blood magic. *Death* magic. The blood, such as it is, is simply a convenient necromantic medium.

Jarrand says: And such makes it all better?

Meton says: Mmm death magic, reminds me of home.

Dharkoth eyes Solivar nervously

Meton says: Dharkoth, she's a demon. She'll be fine.
Meton says: I saw this very thing, or something extremely similar happen all the time in the Nether.

Dharkoth says: I know she will. She is more than just a demon. It is Solivar I am worried about

Solivar smiles crookedly and makes no reply but to quietly begin invoking, the circle of runes at his feet beginning to glow a pale, lambent blue.
Solivar says: Eldreth, ghost of his ancient place, we ask that you favor us with your wisdom and your presence within this vessel offered freely....
Solivar says: Come to us, if you will it, and speak with her voice...

Aelrah says: ...Speak....it has been...long...since I last spoke with words of air...

Jarrand listens intently to Aelrah.

Aelrah says: ....Longer still....since any sought...the words....that I would say.....

Jarrand says: And what would you say this eve?

Aelrah says: .....Flee.

Jarrand says: Flee?

Aelrah says: ....Flee....while you...can.
Aelrah says: Before....your blood joins...the uncounted others....who have fed....the stones.

Jarrand says: While I am slow to heed a demon's advice, I fear there may be some merit this day.

Meton says: Can we help you or any others here at all?

Aelrah says: ...I have...spoken.

Meton says: Perhaps free you from your chains?

Jarrand looks at Dharkoth.

Aelrah says: ...No....chains. Stones.

Meton says: Alright stones. Where are these stones?

Dharkoth says: what Windspeaker?

Jarrand says: Stones...simple things to find, harder to move.

Aelrah says: I am....we all are...in the bones....of Eldre'thalas.

Meton says: Eldre'thalas?

Jarrand says: That word's nothing but a murky phrase, Death Knight.

Aelrah says: ...In its veins....the currents of its life....we are....its life....
Aelrah says: ....Stolen...to sustain...this place.

Jarrand says: Stolen.
Jarrand says: Funny the demon should mention that.

Meton says: So Eldre'thalas is a place then.

Dharkoth says: why funny?

Aelrah says: Eldre'thalas....city of....the most high.

Jarrand says: I too have had words regarding these halls. Life here is spent to hold something at bay.

Aelrah says: Beloved...of Azshara....

Jarrand says: Azshara? The lands to the North of Orgrimmar bear such a name.

Aelrah hisses softly, eyes flashing.

Meton says: So Eldre'thalas is in Azshara then...

Jarrand says: It would seem so

Dharkoth says: I am confused. He is from there?

Meton says: Guess that is where I'm going.

Aelrah says: ....What....would you....know of me....?

Meton says: Destroy that place and free the spirits.

Aelrah says: Assssssssssk.

Jarrand says: We wish to know what we will find in the lands of Azshara.

Aelrah says: ....Death.

Jarrand says: Ours?

Aelrah says: .....Death....in the crushing...darkness below....
Aelrah says: ....the death....of all things.

Jarrand says: I think it time to tread carefully.

Meton says: Death huh. Sounds like my sort of deal.

Dharkoth says: here?

Aelrah says: ...In fire and earth....in wind and water....

Jarrand says: A crucible it would seem

Aelrah says: ....and come you will....into *his* dominion....the place where life and death....meet.
Aelrah says: ....the crossroads....

Jarrand says: Solivar, we've heard enough. The doomsayer prattles on with warnings we are sure to not heed.

Meton says: No.
Meton says: I wish to hear more.
Meton says: Whose dominion?

Dharkoth says: wait does he speak of here or the place in Azshara?

Aelrah says: ....no place is his....and all are....
Aelrah says: ....where sea meets shore....where mountain meets sky....where life meets death....seek him there....

Meton says: Cut the crypticism.
Meton says: Who are you speaking of?

Jarrand says: And you expect a demon to speak plainly?

Dharkoth says: Is that the place with the ruins?
Dharkoth says: it is not her

Meton says: It's happened before, usually I broke something of theirs first but nonetheless.

Aelrah says: ....the Lord of the Crossroads calls...

Dharkoth says: Windspeaker you ever hear if this Lord?

Jarrand says: No, not this one.

Aelrah shudders uncontrollably for a moment, the circle of runes flaring brightly for a moment before they gutter entirely, radiance winking out.

Jarrand says: But there are many amongst the spirits and demons

Meton says: Alright so Azshara where the mountains, shore and sky meet.

Dharkoth says: Lord of the Crossroads I have a few sources I can check as well

Jarrand says: Best to do so

Meton says: Or wait...mountains and sky and the shore and sea.

Solivar runs a hand around the circle, erasing the marks as best he can.

Dharkoth says: Solivar does any of this sound familiar to you?

Solivar says: I know little enough of the ways of the spirits....

Dharkoth says: I was not speaking so much of the spirits as that place

Solivar says: But that this one responded to the call of the circle means it was once alive, and human.
Solivar says: Azshara...I have always found the place to be peaceful...there are a great many ruins there. Kaldorei ruins.

Jarrand says: Is it not fitting to find more clues amongst their ruins then?

Meton says: Not surprising now really. Kalorei ruins and a spirit trapped here in a Kaldorei sanctum.

Solivar says: True on both counts.

Jarrand says: But, I fear I have paths to follow first before we make our way there.
Jarrand says: It is best that we meet again some time soon, to pursue this line of questions.

Meton says: I agree with the Windspeaker.

Solivar says: Agreed.

Dharkoth says: we should leave this place and get fresh air I think we all will feel better

Jarrand agrees.

Solivar says: ...I...could definitely use the sound of water in my ears.

Jarrand says: Somewhere far from here then, I'd say.
Jarrand bows down graciously.
Jarrand says: Again, on another shore.

[Later that evening....]

Deselynia lies down.
Deselynia falls asleep. Zzzzzzz.
Deselynia Shifts in turns in her sleep and the aura of Blood around Deselynian fades slowly and a holy aura replaces it. and slowly her armor and body changes to match a form that is familiar yet not the one that was previously sleeping there a moment ago.

Jarrand peers at Deselynia searchingly.

Solivar says: It seems there is another guest...

Jarrand says: Something bothers the blood elf, perhaps. I know so little of the Death Knights...
Jarrand says: Another guest?

Deselynia wakes up slightly just enough to get a bearing of where she is and instantly bolts awake

Solivar tastes the currents of magic.

Deselynia says: Where am I ?!

Jarrand looks at Deselynia.
Jarrand says: You look different, blood elf.

Deselynia says: Different How Jarrand i was like this the last time we met in Orgrimmar
Deselynia says: and what are you doing here.

Jarrand says: When last we met, it was here within these halls.

Deselynia says: and where am i?
Deselynia says: I dont even know where this is?

Jarrand says: Your eyes, your breathing. How are you amongst the living again?

Dharkoth leans close to Solivar, who is that?

Deselynia says: I dont understand Jarrand was i dead or something?

Jarrand inhales deeply.

Solivar tears his gaze away from Deselynia with some difficulty.

Jarrand says: You are different; you carry with you differences. And you have no memory of this change?

Solivar says: That is...that was Deselynian...
Solivar says: When we entered these halls she was a *death knight.*

Deselynia says: None at all... Whats going on
Deselynia says: Death Knight where?

Jarrand says: You. Your now living flesh was dead and your eyes cold like the winter.

Dharkoth says: you mean this place changed her?

Solivar says: I do not know.

Deselynia says: Immpossible the last thing i remember was i Was at Lights hope chaple praying and we got raided. I got knocked out in the fight and now im here.

Dharkoth says: when did this happen?

Deselynia says: depends what day is it?
Deselynia says: it happened about the end of the lunar festival

Jarrand says: The Lunar Festival ended days ago

Deselynia says: sorry thought you said how long ago im still half asleep
Deselynia says: how long ago

Dharkoth says: so you were knocked out and ended up here?

Deselynia says: yes and for some reason none of you recognize me.
Deselynia says: its me
Deselynia says: Deselynia

Shaloro sniffs the air around Deselynia, scratching his chin again.

Solivar says: Lady...may I?

Dharkoth says: you are not the Des we met the first time

Deselynia says: May you what Death Knight?

Solivar extends a hand.
Solivar says: Examine you.

Deselynia says: As long as you dont use your profane magics to do so.

Solivar smiles wryly.
Solivar says: I assure you, I will be no more profane than usual.

Dharkoth says: Solivar

Deselynia says: and to answer you question Dharkoth who was the other Des?
Deselynia says: Go ahead and do your inspection Solivar

Solivar rests the tips of two fingers gingerly on the paladin's forehead, a runic pattern of frost spreading across the stones beneath his feet.
Solivar lowers his hand, a shiver rippling through him.
Solivar says: Her nature is...entirely pure. Untainted and holy.
Solivar says: I cannot sense any alteration of her being.

Deselynia says: i could have told you that They dont call me Deselynia Of the Argent tide for nothing.

Solivar blinks rapidly several times.

Dharkoth says: So she goes from a Death Knight to a Holy Paladin over nite?

Solivar says: This....I do not know how this can be possible.

Shaloro looks over the Paladin.
Shaloro says: It may be this place...

Solivar is audibly struggling to hold his voice even.
Solivar says: Could it be an effect of the soul mirror fragment she was carrying?

Shaloro says: A strange aura has come over these halls, and perhaps beyond.

Deselynia says: Who is this deathknight what was her Name
Deselynia says: soul mirror what are you talking about

Dharkoth says: could this be what the spirit meant?

Solivar glances over his shoulder at Dharkoth.

Shaloro says: Hmmm..

Jarrand says: Perhaps you should, when having lost something, do the simple thing and search within your satchels.

Shaloro says: I do not think so, Dharkoth.

Deselynia says: Ok
Deselynia searches through her bags and comes out with holy relics but no peices of mirror
Deselynia says: Nothing i dont normally carry.

Jarrand says: Hmm...so your mirror is as lost as you, it would seem.

Shaloro nods at Jarrand.

Deselynia says: The only thing in my bags i did not have before is a shield...
Deselynia pulls out a Shield Against the Evil Presence
Deselynia says: This ive never seen before

Dharkoth says: does anyone else feel different?

Jarrand says: Only as different as the shifting of the sands or the turning of the tides.

Solivar takes a slightly ragged breath and retreats an involuntary half-step.

Dharkoth says: what?

Jarrand says: Such things turn slowly, as such is with my feeling of change.

Deselynia says: Whats wrong Solivar?

Solivar shakes his head.
Solivar says: Nothing wrong.

Dharkoth says: what is it Solivar?

Deselynia says: maybe the shield scared him.
Deselynia says: its scaring me too i have no clue where it came from

Solivar says: I am...simply unsettled by this entire matter.

Dharkoth says: so there is a change in you Solivar

Solivar glances over his shoulder again, eyes flickering.
Solivar says: None of which I am aware.

Dharkoth says: then take a step towards Des

Jarrand nods.

Deselynia says: oh come on you dont think im like repelling him or something

Dharkoth says: I do not know

Jarrand says: We've seen stranger things.

Solivar takes a half-step forward, teeth clenched tightly -- and immediately retreats again.

Deselynia says: Its not me

Dharkoth says: how interesting

Deselynia says: maybe its the shield.

Jarrand says: Most strange. In your heart of hearts, what do you feel when you approach the recently changed Deselynia?

Solivar says: My heart and I do not speak very often, Jarrand.

Jarrand says: You don't? You should try that more often.

Deselynia says: so the Deathknight went by deselynia too? also you can try again if you want now that the shield is away

Shaloro leans on his staff, clearly exausted and weak.

Dharkoth says: so Solivar it seems that this place has changed you some as well
Dharkoth says: or the taint has gotten stronger in here for you, while it has changed Des completely

Deselynia says: darn was hopeing i had a lead on her...
Deselynia says: You look tired Old one here come sit down

Shaloro looks at Deselynia.

Dharkoth says: but then Des has not been cut by a ethereal blade like you

Deselynia holds out an arm to the Tauren

Shaloro says: I may be old, but I will have my respect young one. Elder is the prefered term.

Deselynia says: I am sorry Elder but please you must rest

Shaloro says: Hmm...
Shaloro says: There is something to be discussed before I rest anymore.

Solivar says: No...but she has held a piece of the soul mirror. I am...concerned...that this change is somehow related to that.

Shaloro says: But I thank you young one.

Deselynia says: what is this mirror you keep bringing up

Dharkoth takes his soul mirror out to show it to Des

Solivar says: An artifact of the kaldorei...

Deselynia says: and if i have held one of those should you not be able to tell.

Solivar says: ...I do not know.

Deselynia says: Only thing i can say is if you ever find a Deathknight that goes by the name deselynian dont trust her. she carries a large fragment of a mirror like that
Deselynia says: ive been hunting her for a year now.

Dharkoth says: she is your twin?

Deselynia says: yes.... sadly
Deselynia says: She was working for the lich king till the very end im afraid.

Dharkoth says: how interesting

Deselynia says: and probably still is trying.

Dharkoth says: not really

Deselynia says: How could she not she trained with him. He taught her things other death knights cant even comprehend.

Dharkoth snickers , "No child not as much as you think"

Deselynia says: Whatever you say all i know is she must be stopped before she does the unthinkable.

Dharkoth says: which would be what?

Deselynia says: She is trying to rebuild Frostmourne.

Dharkoth says: that will be an impossible task

Deselynia says: Well she is attempting it none the less.
Deselynia says: She is going off the assumption of the same way we forged shadowmourne

Dharkoth snickers again, then her task will be a long one. I hope she lives long enough to accomplish it"

Deselynia says: Why would you hope such a thing?

Solivar says: I am inclined to trust Dharkoth's judgement in this matter...

Dharkoth says: it is not a hope. I know it is an impossible task

Shaloro plants his staff somewhat rudely into the ground.
Shaloro says: Perhaps we should focus on the tasks at hand?
Shaloro says: I grow old friends, and I have little time for work beyond my reign.

Deselynia says: Sorry Elder you have my attention

Shaloro says: The mirror.

Jarrand agrees with Shaloro.

Shaloro says: What more have you learned over the night friends?

Jarrand says: Nothing more to guide the flow of our river, but enough to make me uneasy in these halls.

Shaloro nods at Jarrand.
Shaloro grins wickedly at Deselynia.

Deselynia says: what was with that smile Elder.

Shaloro says: Not a thing, young one.
Shaloro says: While you friends have found little else, there may be something worth your attention with regards to this mirror.

Deselynia says: What would that be.

Dharkoth says: Windspeaker do you sense anything else from the Des we have here?

Jarrand says: You have learned something, Elder Shalo'ro?

Shaloro nods slowly.

Jarrand says: What have you heard?

Shaloro says: There are multiple wings of this ancient city.
Shaloro says: One of which, has been overrun by wild and outraged ancients.
Shaloro says: From my wanders of these halls, I believe there is an ancient elf who resides within the halls, that has become one of the Satyrs.

Jarrand says: Corrupted?

Shaloro says: If what I have learned is still true, he may hold another fragment, or a whole mirror itself.
Shaloro nods at Jarrand.

Dharkoth says: Des do you know who it was that raided you?

Deselynia says: The only thing i saw was a few arrows wizz past my head and the next thing i knew i was out cold the arrows came from nowhere though... almost as if no one was there.
Deselynia says: This mirror could not be tearing a whole between our world and the world the elves are trapped in would it?

Jarrand says: And it has not done so as of yet? The thing is ancient.

Deselynia says: but its in peices what if its all assembled
Deselynia says: and taken to one of those sites

Jarrand says: Ahh, perhaps smashed for a reason then?

Dharkoth says: if he holds a complete mirror then that would explain some of the things here

Deselynia says: exactly i dont know much but it seems fishy to me that its in peices and it does strange things to people
Deselynia says: and from what i see her it only affects people with elvin blood.

Jarrand says: Then, as we find more fragments...perhaps the effect will build slowly.

Dharkoth says: it is something we might want to do and that is destroying him and taking the mirror

Solivar says: ...It does not appear to have had a negative effect on Meton.

Jarrand says: Solivar, you seem to sense these things. Perhaps your keen ears or eyes should best be set to the task?

Deselynia says: but does it have a possitive affect?

Solivar says: Though, admittedly, he is the only one that I have encountered thus far.

Dharkoth says: somethng I have noticed with the mirror is it effects some differently than others

Shaloro sighs deeply.

Deselynia says: and from what your telling me this Deathknight that was here turned into me
Deselynia says: which i still find is a load of dwarf rubbish.

Solivar says: ...I would accept any task required to solve this mystery, Windspeaker.

Deselynia says: Elder so why should i be worried about this mirror?

Jarrand says: I don't know if it will solve it, but I think the more ears we have to the breeze, the better we will fare.

Shaloro says: There are many and few reasons.

Solivar says: Agreed.
Solivar says: We have reason to believe, lady, that the mirror has deleteriously effected the sanity of at least one of our brothers -- Baranthore Sunstriker, also a paladin of the Holy Light.

Dharkoth says: yes it does

Solivar says: He has disappeared into Northrend, guided by its influence.

Deselynia says: Immpossible Baranthore seemed fine when i met him upin northrend about a month ago to take out some of the remaining undead

Jarrand says: He has changed, far from what you may have seen.

Solivar says: Yes -- though, for a time at least, he nearly seemed himself when we first spoke.

Deselynia says: ok..

Jarrand says: Did he?
Jarrand says: It is sometimes hard to see through to the river's floor, should the current move swiftly.

Solivar says: Somewhat more...abrasive than usual, when we encountered him in the Scarlet Enclave, but not frothing mad, either.
Solivar says: He may be capable of maintaining a veneer of sanity for short periods of time -- but...and I feel this strongly...beneath the surface, he is not as he was.

Jarrand says: And would he hide it from you?

Deselynia says: at the matter at hand before we waste the rest of the elders remaining time you said there is a full mirror here?

Shaloro says: Yes.
Shaloro scratches his chin.

Deselynia says: Where is it?
Deselynia says: we can test your theory about me if we get it

Shaloro says: The eastern hall is where the foul Satyr holds himself up.

Jarrand says: East you say? That is good, as I fear our best bet is to avoid the West.
Jarrand says: My messages from the Spirits have told me as much.

Shaloro nods.

Deselynia says: Then let us proceed there if everyone is up for it we must hurry though before anything happens to the rest of you

Solivar says: ....I agree.

Shaloro nods.

Deselynia says: and dont worry solivar whatevers going on between us ill stay a decent distance to make sure your not uncomfortable

Jarrand says: Ears?

[Dharkoth departs to the Eastern halls of Dire Maul.]

Deselynia says: So you all watched as i lay there what exactly happened

Jarrand says: You slept, stirred as if on shifting sands.

Deselynia raises a holy aura to try and help with the difficulties of this place

Jarrand says: Ogres...

[The eastern halls of Dire Maul are thick with ogres and even less wholesome things, the blightest forest growing within the grounds a mass of thorny vines and corrupted vegetation.]

Deselynia says: sounds to me im no expert but it sounds warlock in nature

Jarrand says: Of the spirit, most certainly.
Jarrand says: But the means by which such a wound is inflicted is beyond what I have learned; it has nothing to do with the Spirits.

Deselynia says: from how little you know if it was used to try to make a blood pact what do you think might happen?

Jarrand says: Nothing that would be best to try, even under the best of auspices.

Shaloro sniffs the air.
Shaloro says: The corruption in this quarter is thick.

Jarrand agrees with Shaloro.

Deselynia says: a Warlocked killed my parents and tried to use me as a sacrifice. He started gloating about how the dagger he had attacked the soul not the body.

Shaloro says: Friends, these ancients are in pain, suffering
Shaloro says: Windspeaker, will you accompany me in laying them to rest?

Jarrand says: Aye, no spirits should be left to rot on the vine such as this.

Shaloro says: This is for servants of the earth my friends.
Shaloro says: We will call to you soon, please stay safe of the corruption untill them.
Shaloro says: We shall return soon.

Jarrand nods.

Shaloro drops several acrons onto the ground.

Solivar bows from the neck in wordless agreement.

[Jarrand and Shalo’ro depart into the twisted garden of the East to do their work.]

Solivar says: ...A knife that cut the spirit, you said?

Deselynia says: Yes he said one stab from the dagger and it will start slowly dividing the soul
Deselynia says: into exact opposites almost to the little voices you hear on your shoulder. if you still do that is.

Solivar gaze slides sideways to Dharkoth.

Dharkoth says: what do you mean by that?

Solivar says: And were you wounded?

Deselynia says: Yes a very long time ago. about 10 years ago
Deselynia says: He said my inner demons would haunt me for the rest of my life

Dharkoth says: how interesting. I would say your inner demon became more than an inner demon

Deselynia says: But Then a paladin came along before he finished anything else and took me to lights hope

Solivar says: ...Yes. I agree.

Deselynia says: What do you mean by that?

Dharkoth says: are you sure this other Des is your blood twin?

Solivar says: Or could she be the dark sister of your spirit?

Dharkoth says: possible it is a true manifestation of your dark side

Deselynia says: I was told so by the Chapel that she was my sister nothing more
Deselynia says: you could be right.....

Dharkoth says: so this person knew your parents?

Deselynia says: yes It was a friend of my fathers. he was in the order so i took it up to honor his death.

Dharkoth says: so he knew for a fact that you have a sister?

Deselynia says: If anyone would know he would.

Solivar tilts his head, listening to something beyond hearing.
Solivar says: ...They call.

Dharkoth says: still very stange

Deselynia says: I Hope its not the other if it is i fear what i must do

[Dharkoth, Deselynia, and Solivar descend into the garden, as well.]

Shaloro nods at Deselynia.

Deselynia thanks Shaloro.

Shaloro points at Ironbark the Redeemed.
Shaloro says: This ancient shall guide us along the path.
Shaloro says: Most of these halls are now clear, but the cleansing will take years.
Shaloro says: There are still many corrupted elements past this road, so press on carefully.

Jarrand says: You made it, Ears.

Deselynia says: Sure thing boss

Shaloro says: Warpwood Guardian, great ancient, will you guide us with your strength?

Jarrand kneels before Ironbark the Redeemed.

Ironbark the Redeemed says: Yes, child of the earth. It has been a great many years since I have felt strong, and this moment shall not pass so quickly.

Deselynia kneels before Ironbark the Redeemed.

Ironbark the Redeemed says: The end of this trail is marked with a sealed door, its hinges rooted by corrupted vines, I shall go and break open this door.
Ironbark the Redeemed says: Beyond, you shall see the source of the corruption that has tainted these hauls.

Jarrand says: We thank you for your aid.

Shaloro bows before Ironbark the Redeemed.

Ironbark the Redeemed turns to move down the path and branches and twigs crash all around him.

[The Warpwood Guardian uses the last of its strength to batter down the gates leading to the heart of the corruption in Dire Maul and falls, stilled forever.]

Shaloro says: Rest with the Earth Mother, great one.
Shaloro looks up to the great door hinges, now completely ripped from the wall.

Deselynia says: Let us hurry before we catch anything.

Jarrand says: Catch?

Shaloro says: These ancients, though weak, are still quite powerful.
Shaloro nods.

Jarrand says: A cold, perhaps?
Jarrand laughs.

Deselynia says: I was thinking more of the flu

Jarrand says: I do not think the trees here shall give to us their corruption so easily.

Shaloro gazes in awe at the great shrine before him.

Deselynia says: no but the source might

Shaloro says: Even these great ancients, once guardians of the forest, have become corrupt.

Jarrand says: It seems much the old elves have touched has found itself such a fate.
Jarrand says: So I've heard.

Shaloro says: There is the foul Satyr.

Alzzin the Wildshaper yells: This is not your shrine, it is mine! Get out!! Now!! This is all mine!

Jarrand says: The fel corruption leads to such a foul end...

Alzzin the Wildshaper says: These are my halls! And you too shall do as I say!

Dharkoth says: shall we end this now

Deselynia says: You and what army demon Scum

Shaloro looks at you.

Solivar says: Are you ready, brother?

Shaloro says: Shall we ask him for the item you seek?

Jarrand says: When the taint overcomes, there is but one choice.

Shaloro nods at Jarrand.

Solivar says: I am inclined to ask his corpse.

Shaloro nods.

Jarrand starts to charge.

Alzzin the Wildshaper whispers: Fine, we shall play it this way!

[A short, somewhat violent time later...]

Jarrand spits on Alzzin the Wildshaper.

Alzzin the Wildshaper begins to decay before you, only a small glass shard remains on the ground before you.

Shaloro bows before Alzzin the Wildshaper.

Jarrand says: Yet again, another marker on our path.

Dharkoth says: Possibly I should be the one to carry the Mirror

Shaloro says: The Earth Mother shall take him once more, to be reborn.

Deselynia Looks into the shard contemplatingly

Solivar 's lips quirk into an expression that is not quite a smile as he picks up the piece of glass.

Deselynia says: I dont Sence evil from it

Dharkoth says: Solivar I will take that
Dharkoth holds out his hand

Jarrand says: A reflecting surface itself is not evil.
Jarrand says: It is what is reflected in it that tells the tale.

Dharkoth says: no but the one that looks might be at time

Solivar flips the piece over in his palm, reflective side up, and looks very deliberately down into it.

Jarrand eyes you up and down.

Deselynia says: Solivar...

Dharkoth says: I said give me the shard
Dharkoth holds out his hand

Solivar 's eyes flick closed and he hands the shard wordlessly to Dharkoth.
Solivar says: As you wish.

Jarrand says: Wisdom amongst the dead.
Jarrand chuckles at Alzzin the Wildshaper.

Shaloro looks at Solivar and scratches his chin, humming quietly.

Dharkoth takes a piece of cloth out and wraps, then places it in his pouch
Dharkoth says: now tell me Solivar what was that all bout?

Deselynia says: and for some reason he can stand near me again.

Solivar says: Curiosity.

Deselynia says: Solivar what trade were you before your Career Change?

Dharkoth says: that was not curiousity

Shaloro sniffs the air and once again plants his staff quite rudely into the ground.

Deselynia says: Yes Elder?

Shaloro says: There are still more pieces of the mirror that you need yes?

Solivar says: ...It is of no significance now, lady. We should leave this place -- we may have slain one of the authors of its corruption, but this place is, as you say Elder, still foul.

Jarrand glances about the room.

Deselynia says: I wonder if the light has any answers to this mirror.

Jarrand says: I'd be wary, just as the vines have encircled this room, perhaps we shall not find ourselves so easily freed.

Dharkoth says: and shall be for a while

Jarrand says: Things we take have the likelihood of being not so easily freed.

Shaloro looks to Solivar.

Deselynia says: next your going to tell me about rolling boulder behind me or something cliche

Solivar says: There are, I think, more pieces left, yes.

Shaloro says: You shall press no further in your journey for this artifact friend. Long have I held pieces of such a mirror that you seek. These have been passed down through generations.

Jarrand says: Most boulders that end up crushing their targets only move so over the long arc of time.

Shaloro unties and untangles several shards of glass from the top of his staff, handing them gently over to Solivar with a large hand.

Solivar says: Elder...I thank you for this. We will, I promise, use this gift wisely.

Shaloro says: I feel that you and your friends seek a noble cause, and you have proven yourself worthy of these shards.

Jarrand thanks Shaloro.

Shaloro says: The Earth Mother watches over you all.

Dharkoth says: oh we will of that you can be assured

The halls around you seem to brighten up as the sun peaks over the tall ruined walls, and the large thorny vines amongst the ruins begin to recede.

Deselynia says: The next time you see my sister take her shard from her

Shaloro nods at Deselynia.

Deselynia says: i give you permission to use force if needed
Deselynia says: if it is my evil side i would try to kill to keep it

Shaloro nods.

Jarrand says: If force is needed, it will be used.
Jarrand says: But to raise weapons without need is no better than what these fel-corrupted beasts have done.

Deselynia says: Very true
Deselynia says: let us leave this place

Shaloro says: Are you now leaving for good friends?

Deselynia says: I have a feeling we will meet again before this is done.

Solivar says: Yes, Elder. Will you come with us?

Shaloro shakes his head.
Shaloro says: These halls are still corrupted.
Shaloro says: I will stay here and work with those that remain to cleanse them.

Dharkoth says: you will be kept very busy if you plan to stay

Shaloro says: Once my work here is done, if you are in need of my aid, you can find me in the Barrens.

Deselynia says: Jarrand why dont you stay and help to try and help speed up this process

Shaloro says: There is always a biding to be done.

Jarrand says: I go where the Spirits tell me.

Shaloro nods at Jarrand.
Shaloro says: Friends, there is one more thing.

Jarrand listens intently to Shaloro.

Shaloro says: Long ago, this city, Eldre'thar, stretched far across the continent.
Shaloro says: Over the years and after the great sundering, the city and many parts of it were lost to time.
Shaloro says: More recently, the ruins of the northern portion of the city have been located, in the lands known as Stonetalon.
Shaloro says: Perhaps you can seek out the ghosts there that can give more insight to your findings.
Shaloro says: I wish you well in your travels, and I hope that you will walk with the Earth Mother along your path.

Jarrand says: And you as well. Spirits watch over you.

Dharkoth says: then the Windspeaker will be needed

Shaloro nods at you.

Solivar says: And you, Elder. If you ever have need, you need only call upon us.

Shaloro says: [Taurahe] Owatanka tatanka

Dharkoth says: fare thee well

Deselynia says: Let us leave with haste

Jarrand says: Then we shall meet again soon.
Jarrand says: May the elements be kind to you all.

Deselynia says: I want to know alot more and im going to check the churches archives
Deselynia says: Goodbye Jarrand

Solivar says: Farewell, Windspeaker.
Solivar says: Go carefully, lady. We shall keep watch for your sister.

Deselynia says: Thank you and if you can get her to sleep see if what happened tonight happens again

Dharkoth says: I would not stay here

Solivar says: Nor I. This place is...unsettling to the mind and spirit.

Deselynia says: Well im heading off to do reserch If you need me ill be at lights hope Chaple
Deselynia says: goodbye friends

Solivar bows from the neck to Dharkoth.

Dharkoth says: very well
Dharkoth nods
Dharkoth says: watch yourself Solivar, so you do not lose more of yourself
Dharkoth says: Solivar is very thin right now

Solivar says: Is there anything to lose at this point?
Solivar smiles wearily.

Dharkoth says: yes and you seem to be trying to lose it
Dharkoth says: I am not the only one who sees it and the difference in you

Solivar says: If I were...No. I am not *trying* to lose myself.
Solivar says: If I were, it would be much, much easier than struggling to retain what I have.

Dharkoth says: oh really?

Solivar says: Dharkoth -- whatever you may think of me, know this to be true: I do not *want* to be the monster I was again. If I *am* becoming him --

Dharkoth says: then your are not doing too well, for more than once tonite Mercy slipped thru

Solivar pauses, wrestles his voice even.
Solivar says: If I am, you need not fear the consequences of it. I have made all the choices that needed to be made in that regard.
Solivar says: I...must return to Acherus now, and report to the Highlord. Do you wish me to travel out with you?

Dharkoth says: oh you have? How will you or they know?
Dharkoth says: I will not allow him to win. I did not sacrifice all I have to allow him to win. Do YOU understand me?
Dharkoth says: It is time to leave this place

Solivar 's hand half-rises, then falls back to his side.
Solivar says: Yes. Farewell for now, Dharkoth.

Dharkoth says: remember what I said Solivar

Jump to: