Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meton08
Champion

re: Shift

Yeah, I wanted to get this all done before the next RP...which is today so woops. I blame Red Dead Redemption! But anyway, this is a story called Shift. It starts quickly after the RP ended last week, enjoy.

The last guild meeting in Silvermoon and it's subsequent talk with Solivar in Dalaran had left Meton with a frightening revelation. The revelation that Meton had a truly twisted part of him that Arthas' control had almost nothing to do with had prompted him to seek isolation; for if it came out again, people would surely die.

On his way out, the elf woman, Aliel, who has been seemingly stalking the Death Knight after he saved her life, yet again caught his attention. This time however, she seemed to be in danger instead of just trying to hero worship him. In one of the back corners of Dalaran, Meton found the sight of Aliel being assaulted by some low life mugger.

"How is this woman still alive?" Meton mutters to himself referring to her tendency to get herself into trouble that is over her ability to control.

"Come on girlie, give ma all the monay you-" The troll mugger commanded before he was quickly interrupted by, quite frankly, an annoyed Death Knight who had more important things to attend to. Before the mugger could say anything further, Meton slammed his helmet into the Troll's face, shattering his nose and skull with a sickening, bone crushing, and cartilage cracking impact. The Troll promptly falls to the floor twitching for a couple seconds and then stops all while the blood freely flows from his now mangled head.

Aliel after managing to look away from the mess that was made and gathering her will to speak again turns to Meton and much to the walking dead's chagrin clings to him for dear life. But before this can keep happening he pries her grap from his torso and pushes her backward as gently as he can manage.

"Listen woman, this is the exact problem I want to snuff out." Meton says to the elf in an increasingly serious tone of voice.

"W-what? Being a hero and saving my life?" Aliel responds somewhat weakly.

"No. This whole hero worship thing you have going right now, it is going to stop this instant." Before the elf could talk back Meton continued, "From here on out you are going to pretend you never met me in the first place. Aside from that, I don't care what you do."

Aliel, now looking quite hurt notes, "I didn't know trying to care for someone who saved my life would bother you so much...I didn't mean to."

Meton seeing the look she has, begins to sigh a bit and replies, "Just go on with your life alright? I'm not a hero anyway."

As Meton turned to walk away from the scene, Aliel ran up and lightly grabbed him on the shoulder.

"Wait, at least let me repay you for saving my life twice."

"And how would you do this exactly? You have nothing I want."

"Meton, you look tired and my home in Silvermoon is only a short portal trip from here. The bed in the guest room is more comfortable than what the Filthy Animal Inn could offer you."

Meton soon thought to himself that perhaps it may not be a bad idea. While in Silvermoon he should be away from his Steadfast allies just in case what he fears could happen could come to pass, keeping them safer for the time being and he was getting a bit tired. But at the same time, the general populace could be in danger regardless.

"I don't think so. It wouldn't be a good idea right about now."

Aliel quickly had a strange look pass through her eyes and all of the sudden she seemed to be more...charming.

"I just thought that maybe you were lonely like me, and could use the company." Aliel commented with a sad look on her face.

Meton's features eased up slightly as he looked in her eyes and replied, "Okay, but just for one night and then you go back to your life like I was never there. Agreed?"

Aliel's face quickly went from slighty depressed to cheerful as she looked at him in the eyes and insists, "Agreed, follow me Meton."

Little did Meton know that as she led the way, a sinister smile crept over her face.

-X-

Later that night at Aliel's home after a night of small talk and drinks, the blood elf woman waited for Meton to be asleep, entered the room and positioned herself so she stood over the bed right next to his head.

"The time has come for you to pay for your crimes Death Knight." Aliel whispered as she placed her hands near Meton's head and blue energy flowed from them into his brain.

"Let's see how you like everything to be taken from you in a perfect life!"

Meton seemed to start struggling in his sleep through convulsions but soon settled and fell into an even deeper sleep than before as the magic ran it's course and he entered into the dream world...

-X-

Meton quickly awakens somewhere unfamiliar and swiftly jumps out of the bed. He senses flared and his body tense from trying to get a better grasp of his surroundings. He is in a well made bedroom in what seems to be a nice home from what looks like Silvermoon once he peers out the window. While looking out the window, he notices something quite odd. His eyes aren't blue anymore but they have reverted to the green color he had when he was alive. Now that he has had time to settle somewhat, he realizes something else, he feels warm.

"Am I alive?"

"Oh, without a question Kai." Another warm body makes contact with his as the unknown woman comes up and holds him tight.

He quickly looks to his right side to find that the unknown woman is none other than his dead lover Amonwen.

End of Part 1
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

::settles down with a box of popcorn::

Part 2 will be written...eventually! But really, I'm gonna try and finish this story before the next Tavern Night.
Darren Tereos
Guardian - Charter Master

This story's off to a good start and I'm curious to see where this one goes.

Champion

Part 2 (Sorry about the delay and the shortness, I hope to do more tomorrow..err later today which is Wednesday.)

“Kai? You alright?”

Kaioden’s eyes well up with tears as he desperately embraces Amonwen, hoping that this isn’t just another one of his nightmares waiting to happen.

“You - you were dead. I’m so sorry my love…” Kaioden then falls to his knees while still wrapping himself around her. She quickly descends to the floor with her disturbed lover to look him in the eye.

“Kai, look at me.” Amonwen says oh so softly as she brings her hand up to his chin. “I’m right here and I’m not going anywhere. Tell me what’s wrong, I know you have been hiding something from me for a good while now.”

After a few moments Kaioden finds the will to speak, “I killed you Amonwen! I tortured you like some sort of war prisoner and then I slaughtered you!”

The blood elf’s eyes show a mix of concern and confusion as she tries to understand what exactly he means. Soon enough, a realization pops into her head as she gives a sweet smile.

“Kai, it must have been one insane nightmare you had. I think we both know that you simply are not capable of willingly causing me pain, let alone killing me! Just the thought of it has taken you to the floor.”

“A dream…”

“It must have been. You have been far too busy treating me so well the last couple of days. We have been in bed for most of them, I’m sure you remember that!” Amonwen exclaims as she lets out a small, sexy giggle.

Kaioden places his hand on his head as memories come flooding back like an army of sea elementals.

“Right, I came back from a month long mission with Annassi and Kroglor four days ago and since then-“ He then abruptly comes to a stop as his face turns to a slight shade of red.

“I love how I can still make you blush after all this time Kai.” The Blood Elf mage lays on a deep kiss to the paladin that she calls her own. Before they get any further into it, she stops herself much to both of their chagrin.

“Too tired to go again dear?” Kaioden states with a devilish grin.

“Don’t you remember Kai? We were planning to meet up with Annassi and Kroglor soon and head out to Saeth’ron for your parents’ get together.”

“My parents…” Kaioden seems to be in a struggle as memories from what he knows to be real and these new ones clash fiercely in his mind.

-X-

As Aliel begins to fight to maintain her hold on the spell, she sees deep into the mind of this comatose Death Knight. She sees everything he has ever done in his life and unlife, everything that has ever happened to him, both good and bad. What she sees stuns her, Aliel never imagined that Meton of all creatures who came through and massacred her loved ones had tragedies of his own. She almost stops the process then but quickly steels herself for the long haul. Aliel worked long and hard to get her vengeance ready to be reaped and for the sake of her dearly departed, it will be taken. This all seems easier now that her plan has new vigor with the addition of Meton's memories. The elf knows just how to hurt him the most and she has all the power in the universe to inflict such agony.

"This murderer is going to get what he has had coming, no matter the cost."
Chabindi
Veteran

*waits for the next chapter with baited breath*

WoW - Chabindi Photobucket TSW - PirateHollis
Meton08
Champion

Yeah...long wait I know. Kinda surprised anyone really likes this, sometimes the more I look at my writing, the more I seem to not like it for some reason, dunno why. Oh well, here is the next installment of Shift, I hope you all like it.

Part 3
“What’s wrong Kai?”

“N-nothing…I’m fine.” Kaioden responds as his mind seems to clear away the painful memories of his life. The paladin then gives her a bright smile as he continues,

“Really, everything is fine. I can’t help but feel as though I have just come through a nightmare and now I’m back in the world I belong.”

Kaioden then stands up and pulls her by the waist with a renewed vigor is his glowing green eyes.

“The world with you my love, my parents, and all those who have fought beside me over the years; the world which I would fight with every last drop of my willpower to keep secure.”

“I suppose that the last couple of minutes we can just contribute to a bout of temporary insanity?”

Kaioden laughs heartily at this and caresses Amonwen’s face.

“Guess so. Now, since we have to get going soon we better get washed up…” Kaioden suddenly draws a fiendish grin upon his mug, puts Amonwen over his shoulder and dashes towards the bathroom.

-X-

“Where are those two!?” Annassi practically roars over to Kroglor who recoils his head a bit away from the fiery blood elf at the sound.

“Relax. I bet he’s just enjoying his time with Amonwen. Those two barely get the chance to be around each other with their own respective duties.”

“Yeah, right. I bet those two haven’t even managed to get out of bed at all until this morning, it seems like that is all they do together. They may as well be glorified fuck buddies at this rate and nothing more.”

“I don’t buy that Annassi, Kaioden had plenty of opportunities during the couple months of our last mission to get sex if he wanted to but he didn’t. I may be an older Orc these days but I know that kid pretty well and it seems obvious that he has fallen for her hard; and I am willing to bet that you are just being your usual, protective self.”

Annassi turns to the older Orc with a fire in her eyes and shouts, “You dare to assume that you know how I tick you green skinned bastard?!”

Before the situation can get any more dangerous, Kaioden steps into the fray. After all, everyone can use someone else to take the aggro from time to time.

“Come on Krog, you have got to stop poking the old, loud dragon with a spear. Although I am glad to hear that at least one of you has my back when it comes to being with Amonwen.”

Before Annassi can say another word, the young Paladin interrupts her and gently pats her on the head.

“Get used to it my dear, former Master.”

The older Blood Elf woman just barely keeps herself in control during this and Kaioden swears that he can notice a visible vein popping on her forehead. Knowing that he may have gone too far in this display of bravado, Kaioden slowly backs away as he shows off a dumb smile while he scratches the back of his head. Luckily for Kaioden, his former master lets out a large sigh as she seems to calm down, at least somewhat. Perhaps this prod against the dragon, his own show of bravery and will has impressed Annassi enough to where he will get to last through the day without a fight.

“You know Kai…most men would lose their hand for that stunt you pulled.”

Annassi walks past the younger Sin’dorei and whispers,

“Be one hundred percent sure that you love her before you do or say anything major alright?”

Once she passes by her former apprentice she continues to say, this time in her usual, commanding tone of voice,

“And don’t come crying to me if it fails!”

"Yes Ma’am.”

Kaioden smirks at this exchange as he notices Amonwen catching up to him. In one moment he happily waves at her but once he blinks and opens his eyes, his world shifts. Amonwen is now on the floor, dead from her spine being snapped in half. The city is lit aflame; Kroglor has his weapon drawn and roars fiercely at the dumb stricken paladin. Annassi looks upon him with sheer disgust with a hint of sorrow as she too draws her weapon while the ground around her is covered in crackling, holy energy. Kaioden now feels different, like he has before in his nightmares, cold on the inside and filled with an unholy might with an incredible guilt to match. Yet in the next moment, his world goes back to what it was with Amonwen greeting Kroglor and Annassi in Silvermoon’s bazaar.

“Well, now that we have all arrived, shall we finally head over to Saeth’ron before you two manage to find a dark corner to continue your escapades?”

Kaioden pauses for a bit, his head reeling from what he just saw. Perhaps he is losing his damn mind after all. Once he can focus back onto the now and leave this potential breaking of reality to the sidelines he follows Annassi’s lead and nods at her statement as he makes his way towards his hometown.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: