View previous topic :: View next topic  
- Zentao -
Guardian - Raid Master

re: Zentao Sunweaver

So, after messing around with DPS for an expansion... I have found that I kind of miss healing. Although I will be leveling all my toons and professions, it's time to dust off Zen. Just letting you know that you'll be seeing him around more often *grin*

In order to acquire healing gear however and relearn the mechanics (it's been awhile you know) I will be leveling in a Heal spec. The jury is still out regarding which one. But, regardless... if I find myself up against a difficult quest, you may see me in guild requesting the use of someones sword *grin*

Chameleana
Champion

Hey Zen,

Of course you will find a plethora of willing blades to assist a healer in need.

I would suggest going shadow for a questing spec. The mechanics changes have made it extremely viable as a solo quester as long as you are aware of your surroundings and dont get caught in a respawn loop from hell.

Between my Psyfiend (casts Psychic Terror on mobs for 10 sec) and the Glyph of Dark Binding (allows you cast Renew, Prayer of Mending and Leap of Faith without losing shadow form - I have set Healbot up to one-click those spells - its very convenient) you practically cant die. I Power Word: Shield and pull - then Mind Spike and Mind Blast - periodically tossing in Devouring Plague when it procs - hit myself with a Renew or Prayer - rinse and repeat! It has been a lot of fun on Kimi but she has been put on the back burner for a bit until I get my healers leveled up.

Just a thought!

Cham

One thing I've noticed is that, while leveling Jarrand as an Elemental shaman, a number of the quests have had perfectly decent healer gear (including gear with spirit). I'm not sure if it's the same for other healer/dps-able classes. Also, I've read that the quest rewards are determined at the time of turn-in, so that you could theoretically do the quest in a dps spec, then switch to your healing spec before turning in the quest, and pick up the healer selection rewards.

Guardian - Lore Master

What Darren said. I have done this with Keldris, whom I'm leveling in Protection for the survivability factor, but whose offspec is Holy.

Thank you all for the responses, I was thinking about the "quest as shadow, turn in as Disc/Holy" but I wanted to try leveling in a Healing spec first, and I have found that it is quite viable. Sure the mobs die slower but there is almost no health loss what so ever.

I have only tried Disc so far and with atonement glyphs (making Holy Fire instant and increasing the damage of Smite) my three damaging spells (Holy Fire, Smite, and Penance) all heal me for more damage than two mobs can do to me; add my Bubble, and I can go make a sandwich.

I have actually pushed it and pulled up to 6 mobs, it took forever to kill them but I lived... and they didn't.

At some point, once I get a decent set going (about halfway through the 2nd zone) I will probably get tired of it taking so long and will create a Shadow spec.

Either way, by this weekend, Zen will be ready to start healing 5-mans.

- Zentao -
Guardian - Raid Master

Well, my plan is... err... was, to go into Raiding as Disc/Holy in order to bring optimal healing flexibility. However, the gearing up phase has prompted me to establish a DPS off-spec; and, I quite like the changes they have made (e.g. Shadow Orbs / Devouring Plague) as I prefer resource management over tracking 4 DoT's like it use to be in Wrath.

Plus, now that I'm level capped and focusing on stat-optimization, I've realized that having two 'different' Heal-specs (one set of gear) over a Heal/DPS spec (two sets of gear) isn't as easy as I just typed it to be since Disc favors different stats than Holy. Not a big deal until we start pushing content, then optimization becomes more important and I would have to re-gem/re-reforge/re-enchant each time I switched. When you're talking end-game epic versions of gems and enchants, that is an expensive proposition, enough so to make it prohibitive to an extent that I would just farm two sets of healing gear, one for Disc, another for Holy.

So there it is, we've come full circle... back to two sets of gear; the whole thing I was trying to avoid with two heal specs, haha. Well, since we're looking at two sets of gear anyway, might as well make one of them DPS wink. So, the only remaining question is, which of the two healing specs?

Looking at the guild roster, it appears we have more Disc than Holy and I have yet to cut my teeth on Holy... so, the logical choice... Holy, haha.

Summary, for the Warlord's planning purposes; Zen will be my main and he will be Holy/Shadow. Of course, being the alt-holic that I am, I will have my other classes to choose from if we are in need a specific role filled wink

Chameleana
Champion

Yay Zen!! Yay Heals!! But then I am biased - .

Its terrible to have to choose - we should be able to have 3 specs - yeah - thats the ticket! I have faced the priestly healing dilemma but have never had a disc spec. I know nothing about disc and barely know holy so unfortunately I will not be any help. I am glad you have chosen holy because now I will have someone to go to when Kimirian gets her turn to level.

Cham

You mean Arn, hasn't taught you anything? /grins

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online