View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: Twas the Night Before Winter Veil...

and all through the manse
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even those ants! ::squish::

The chain pants were hung
By the chimney with care
In the hopes that Greatfather Winter
Soon would be there.

The guildies were nestled
All snug in their beds
While visions of tier pieces
Danced in their heads.

And Fo in her skull-mask
And I in my plate
Had just settled down
A long winter's...
A long winter's...
A long winter's...

Crap, nothing appropriate rhymes with "plate."

IN ANY CASE, welcome to the planning and participation thread for Steadfast's 2011 Winter Veil Secret Greatfather Winter Gift Exchange and Holiday Happiness Extravaganza. The rules are simple:

1. If you wish to participate in the Secret Greatfather Winter Gift Exchange, drop me, your humble Guardian Loremaster Solivar, a PM either in-game or through the guild website by no later than 12/16. Your anonymity is assured. I will send you a PM in return, matching you with another randomly-selected participant, no later than 12/17.

2. You will have until the end of the in-game Winter Veil holiday to find/craft/purchase a gift for your Secret Greatfather Winter friend. In the interest of keeping things simple and affordable for everyone, I propose a maximum upper threshold of 20g for purchases and grind-time of individual participants' discretion.

3. On the last day of Winter Veil or another day of the guild's selection, we will gather in Orgrimmar to exchange gifts in person. If in person gift exchange is problematic, as it may be at this wonderful time of year, sending your gift to your friend via in-game mail is an entirely acceptable alternative.

What say you, Steadfast?

YAY! More presents!!

I also say that maybe, if we want something, we could post a wish list for our toons. Obviously, there is no guarantee you'll get anything you wish for, but other guildies can look at the list and decide if they want to give it to you. If you're concerned about duplicates, perhaps PM Solivar or whoever else has a list and ask if X person has already received Y gift.

Just post to this thread with your wish list plus any relevant links to make it easier for the potential gift giver to learn what it is you want and how they can best go about getting it.

Example:

Little Suzy wants...

1) Black Embersilk Gown (link goes here)
2) [Some other crafted item.]
3) [A pokemon...er, non-combat companion]

Also, other ideas for gifts include the gift of time (i.e. a promise to help heal, tank, or DPS an instance of the recipient's choosing so they earn a drop for transmorgrification or farm rep, etc.). Just some ideas.

Cynnara
Grasha
Champion

Long winter's wait

Sign me up!!!

Twinyarrow would like:
1) A Westfall Chicken
2) Some runs through Outland Dungeons.
3) Some better gear http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Twinyarrow/simple

Or

Naraliss would like:
1) Delicious Chocolate Cake
2) Chocolate Cookie
3) Tigule and Foror's Strawberry Ice Cream
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: