Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: In Acherus

Perhaps presciently, the alcove where Steadfast took shelter not so long ago has no been cleared of human comforts -- in fact, it seems to have been slightly enhanced, with the addition of a handful of thick sitting rugs and pillows to help keep the cold under control and a small floor table to go along with the simple pallets and braziers.

Keldris, weary to the bone, clearly finds this to be a pleasing alternative to cold stone and sinks down on one, almost slumping despite the rigidity of his armor, and spreads the map on the table.

Forum Image

"Next closest is the cluster down south, around Lake Mereldar -- we spent a lot of time there, after the Argent Trials, at the Maugrisaine estate, doing some of our initial training and, later, when we were doing training circuit rides in the Eastmarch." Keldris taps the map, valiantly struggling to keep his eyes above half-staff. "The other set is up near Northdale -- and then the troll ruins up there and the Farstrider lodge...Quel'Lithien."

re: [Open RP] In the Ruins of the Scarlet Enclave

Folami is apparently suffering from a headache or is just very, very tired. She sits with her elbows rested on her knees and her fingertipss massaging her temples. There are bags under her eyes and she looks, quite simply, a little overwhelmed by events.

"That sounds like the home to happier memories, or at least ones that aren't so gory and horrifying."

Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"I'm not going to say it couldn't hardly be worse because, well, trolls." A vaguely appalled look comes and goes on his face and he actually blushes to the tips of his ears. "No offense intended, lady knight. It's just that back in the day...well, nobody has any good relationships with the Amani now either and I'm just going to shut up while I still can."

Folami lets out a small, quiet groan, though with her eyes now squeezed shut it's difficult to tell if it's from her infirmities or from Keldris's social flailing about. Maybe a combination of both.

"Trolls or not, we go to what's closest and gather what's there if we can." While she speaks, her fingers slow but don't cease their small massaging circles.

Hunter Angellis
Champion

"Brudd'ah Keldris" Jinjai's voice is reassuring and quiet "It takes much more t'ah offend ole Jinjai. 'Sides, I be long disconnected from me ol' Zul'mash'ah tribe and t'at be a decision I made und'ah t'eh guidance o' t'eh Argent Dawn. I be as concerned as you, mon." the troll knight scans the horizon "Somewhere out t'ere is a past ole Jinjai has avoided fo' so long."

After much indecisive pacing about and a final, wary look at the furnishings, Ismial finally settles down on a pillow. He reaches up to tighten the veil around his face.

"Living or dead, I doubt that they will let us wander in to perform our rituals unharried." He glances over to Jinjai. "Have you any idea what sort of resistance we might face there?"

"I cannot be sure mon." Lowers herself to the floor, resting her elbows on bent knees, she talks and her hands follow her word as she recalls her memories "Last time I be t'ere it be called Zul'Mash'ah. I t'ink t'at name still holds. I t'ink what we might be find'n are trolls who have fallen t'ah t'eh madness o' t'eh scourge pestilence."

She remains quiet for a moment as she unearths more of her past. Her voice breaking the more she speaks "Vex'tul, Tribe Lead'ah...I don't t'ink he knew o' t'eh affliction t'at robbed his people o' life. I couldn't imagine what t'ah expect when I return..." Jinjai's voice fades to silence. She just sits there, shaking her head slowly in grief.

Yarrow sits back listening to the banter before reaching down into his pack and drawling a smallish vial of something the looks like blood with herbs floating in it and offering it to Folami with a whisper soft, "It should help with your headache."

Then turning to the rest, he clears his throat a bit. "Keldris, I think we need to take a moment to talk before we make our way to the lakefront. It would be of some import and cannot be put off."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"Oh?" Keldris turns warily from Jinjai and the grief he does not know how to comfort to Twinyarrow, and his oddly unspecific suggestion. "...I'm pretty sure everybody here has had that talk at least once, Yarrow."

"In private I fear. It is a matter of both urgency and necessity. Just a moments time beyond these walls, if you will."

Yarrows face show little emotion and is stoicly hard to decern anything from.
Jadedinsc
Champion

Folami nods and looks at the concoction offered to her. She grimaces before letting out a resigned sigh, tucking the vial into her robes and rising to go find a privy just in case she gets sick while taking it.

"I'll return shortly." She glances at Yarrow and Keldris questioningly, but only briefly. She shrugs and wanders off for a few moments.

(( And good news, everyone! My computer is fixed. I'll be here tonight and this weekend! ))

Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"Let's not chase the others..." Keldris levers himself back to his feet and gestures for Yarrow to follow him out onto the balcony. "Not a chuckle, not a grin. You're killing my faith in my own ability to break the mood."

"I'll attempt to live with the guilt." Yarrow retorted dryly.

He rises following Keldris through the portal to the balcony, then looking back making certain they are free of earshot he turns towards the weary paladin.

"Keldris. I know the lake is the next closest Shard... But are you certain it is wise to draw upon it now. You know well what will be reveiled if we do. Not everyone may be ready for that. Least of all after Kharfuur decided it was the right time to introduce himself... in Archerus of all bleeding places. ARE you sure your ready for that risk?"

The warlock's eye shows genuine concern as he looks at his brither and friend.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"Ready to deal with the risk? Probably not. Do I think it's a necessary one to take? Yes, I do. What other choice do we have? I could just tell them, sure, but what'll that accomplish at this point?" More softly. "They need you and Folami now more than anything else -- you can capture what's left of him, and you have the map."[/i]

The warlocks lips twist ruefully. "And Folami thinks I am quick to step to the grave. Keldris... We cannot do this without you either. You know Jarrand, Folami and myself are with you. Jarrand, because he weights a person on merit rather than what they are born. And Folami and I are just old enough to recall an older time. "Don't risk yourself needlessly.", you once said to me. Time to practice what you preach."

Yarrow lowers his tone, seeming to graps he might sound preachy.

"For what it is worth I am not the one to talk you out of this. I just wanted to ensure you had thought it all the way through."

Yarrow begins to turn on his booted heel when he stops... "Oh... one more thing... the darken creatures in the church ruin.... were being drawn to us nor our investigations. They sought the ring. Bear that in mind. They were not lost souls, not Fel, not elemental. They were like nothing I have ever seen nor ken. They felt ...alien. Have a care. You hold their number in thrall for want of that ring."

"Come... the others will be missing us, and I am not entirly certain, despite his charm, that your mecha-nut-hoarder, will keep the others entertained."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: