Hunter Angellis
Champion

re: Boar Thrills does Moonguard

It's true. Real roleplayers walk.

tarantules
Officer

btw I have been to MG on ally side and he is not kidding. I imagine it would smell of old cigarettes, astroglide and old.... bodily fluids if some of the mrp discriptions are accurate.

In something of a follow-up to this, WoWCrendor and Jesse Cox made Alli characters to essentially troll the rpers on Moonguard.

http://youtu.be/N58dH5FlpdU It's kind of hilarious. It also makes me very thankful our rp group would never allow anyone named Poonman in.

Highwynn

Yeah I love the stuff Crendor does. Very entertaining.

That link Folami... *shudder* is full of truth. Goldshire is like that on every realm I've visited too. Earlier in my WoW career I wanted to play through the Alliance side and was annoyed by the nonsense on one RP realm's Goldshire (Argent Dawn I think) so I went to another - was the same. I was fascinated by this so out of curiosity I tried like 4-5 others and ALL of them were the same - people sounding like 13-year-olds using Goldshire for a chat room.

Horde side had the Brill Inn back then and wasn't insane. The PvP duels were in front of Org and the RPers were maybe off in Mary Sue land but at least it wasn't like Goldshire.

Note: Moon Guard is far more populated then the others I visited... so when I say same I mean same mentality but perhaps less people there in other realms.
Jadedinsc
Champion

In City of Heroes, the rp spot was Pocket D. Some nights I just hung out around there to read the descriptions and to see how outrageous the costumes could get (CoH has highly customize-able characters, which I sort of miss until I remember the eyesores in Pocket D).

Basically all of this shows me is that role-play is the same across the whole internet. You have pockets of awesome between gaping chasms of horny teens/adults and way too many Mary Sues.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: