Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [RP Open Thread] Dalaranbreak

"The magic I have laid upon you makes you...indistinct." Lythandros Delaine's voice is dry, dusty, low enough not to carry as you make your way through the streets of Dalaran, thronged with revelers. "The eyes of human watchers will pass over you without recalling details of your faces or forms. Scrying magic will consider you too uninteresting to continue following for more than a few heartbeats. My advice once you leave here? The Dragonblight -- no one is fighting over it any longer, even the dragons. Avoid the Angrathar Isolation Zone and you may not meet another living or unliving thing until you reach Warsong Hold. Now go. Quickly."

Folami changed quickly into her traveling clothes when she went back to the inn to gather her gear. She's pulled the hood of her cloak down low to help cover her face, and she keeps making furtive glances toward Yarrow to make sure he's not in any danger of collapsing before they can secure transportation.

"This magic of yours is relatively harmless to us, yes? I don't want to risk looking in the mirror in the morning and not recognizing the person staring back at me."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"The magic is, perforce, of limited duration," Swathed as he is in robes and mask it is difficult to determine the precise direction of his gaze, but it never seems to hold still, scanning the population of the Legerdemain's main lounge continuously. "It is, after all, against the present legal thinking of the Kirin Tor to deliberately block scrying attempts -- rendering such attempts...less than wholly accurate is a bit of a muddled gray area, for which I am not overly eager to become the test case before a tribunal of my peers. The arcane matrix will dissolve at dawn."

"So assuming nothing goes drastically wrong, we'll be long gone by the time the magic wears off. Of course, hoping our luck will hold out at this point is rather foolish, but beggars cannot be choosers.'

Folami looks at the others gathered. "Either way, we have to move quickly. I would have preferred that we were able to delay for a couple of days to allow Yarrow more time to recover, but again beggars and choosers and it's better he be weakened and still breathing rather than, um, you know I wasn't precisely clear as to what was going to happen to us if we stayed here. Nothing good, I realize."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"You remember that large building full of scary things that we walked through last week? Worst case scenario, we'd be locked up there. Admittedly, probably not with the scary things, but I understand that the Kirin Tor's not really averse to letting the lower level dungeons flood as a humane deterrent for...something." Keldris comes down the stairs, and tosses Folami a spare cloak, oil-treated leather on the outside with a layer of wool-covered fleece on the in, equipped with carved bone toggle closures large enough to be manipulated even with heavily gloved hands. "Best case scenario would be keeping us here as involuntary guests of the Citadel while they do whatever they want to do with the soulstone Yarrow made out of Solivar. Which, for obvious reasons, is not a course of action I'm comfortable risking. Have we decided which way we're going to go yet? Because if we have, we might want to pick up some basic survival supplies and flow through a crack."

Folami catches the cloak and folds it over her arm for now. Dalaran is too warm for layers.

"I don't know the area well enough to suggest anything except to say we can't stay here. Our 'friend,'" she casts a glance at Lythandros, "suggested the Dragonblight and made it sound like a very reasonable destination."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"A cold, barren, basically inhospitable destination. Icecrown's little sister, minus all the dead things trying to kill you every few minutes. No offense intended, Skyspear." Keldris puts his pack down and fishes a map case out of it; the map itself is bedragged, heavily scrawled with notes several years out of date, but otherwise generally accurate. "There's a ground route out of Crystalsong and into the Dragonblight -- we'd have to take the portal room down to the ground, but if no one'll notice us for a while yet, that shouldn't actually be an issue. Otherwise...? The Dragonblight has the advantage that it mostly belongs to the dragons -- there aren't any really significant outposts belonging to anybody else still there now that the Scourge has pulled back. Wildlife is nasty, cold is terrible, there's no resources worth fighting over, and all five dragonflights consider it a sacred graveyard for their fallen. And nobody in their right mind wants to try to travel across it by ground." He taps a marker toward the southern reach of the Blight. "And then there's this. Wyrmrest Temple. Diplomatic neutral ground for the dragonflights, and as far as I know it's still under the protection of the Dragonqueen's forces. Also the last place we could theoretically look for clues regarding Neshala Sunstriker."

Folami looks over the map, following Keldris's finger.

"Seems to be our best chance for both escaping notice and finding new information, though we might want to be careful who we ask. I'd hate for us to be responsible for sending several inhabitants into catatonia." To her credit, she doesn't look at Skyspear when she says it.
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear pointedly does not look at Folami *or* Keldris. His silence speaks volumes, albeit perhaps not the kind of volumes that would be lovingly welcomed in the libraries of the Kirin Tor.
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear pointedly does not look at Folami *or* Keldris. His silence speaks volumes, albeit perhaps not the kind of volumes that would be lovingly welcomed in the libraries of the Kirin Tor.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: