Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadedinsc
Champion

re: [Story] Breaking Point (Folami)

Folami maintained most of her composure until she left the Violet Hold, managing to keep a tight rein on her emotions as she wandered through Dalaran and found her way to the memorial to Antonidas. It was there, several feet away at the base of the large tree growing at the city's edge that she summoned Hesneri with a wordless gesture. The succubus appeared wearing the same mischievious grin she always wore, though one look at Folami's quickly crumbling facade and the grin faltered.

"Mistress what's wrong?"

Folami stared fixedly at the base of the tree, her eyes unfocused. "Make me disappear."

"I'm sorry?"

"You heard me. Help me disappear so it stops."

Hesneri drew her eyebrows together, confusion and concern driving away any remaining amusement. "Mistress, I could maybe eventually teach you how to--"

Folami collapsed to her knees at the succubus's feet with a loud sob. "It hurts too much." She tried to catch her breath between further sobs. "I have no right to expect more, but I can't bear to be reminded how easily he could disappear."

At a loss for words, Hesneri knelt in front of her mistress, holding Folami's head in her lap and smoothing out her hair. Her bat-like wings extended and moved forward to shield the warlock somewhat from the view of potential passers-by.

"What good is all this power if I can't help? What if he...if he...if he really believes I can't do anything, that I have no purpose." Folami's voice was weak, cracking with emotion. "What am I doing here if all I can do is stand by while everyone else gets hurt or worse? What good am I to any of them?"

Hesneri continued to offer silent support while Folami's words faded into quiet weeping.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: