Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [RP Open Thread] In the Shadow of Ulduar

"Good -- you're learning." The smile eases back down into normal orcish proportions. "Answer me this: what is a dream?"

"I would be tempted to say, whatever is not real... but I suspect the division is not as clear."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"Ah, but dreams are real -- in this world and in many others. Were they not real, the disciples of Cenarius would not have to ward it from the darkness that betimes grows within them. Were they not, they could not reach out and alter the shape of the world to suit their own nature, their own purpose. In many ways...all that you see, waking and sleeping, in the worlds of flesh and of spirit and of primal, elemental chaos, is the offspring of a single dream -- a dream that was the making of things. But I digress..." A second, sharp-toothed smile. "In our case...the dream is a prison. Your paladin's durance is a dream from which he does not wish to wake -- the madness that envelopes him is a shell, a wall, the bars through which he may sometimes reach when he finds the will to do so. He clings to it, even as he knows it destroys him." A sigh. "The keys to his prison lie within that dream, within him. You must show him what they are, and how to use them."

Skyspear sighs. "I suppose it's too much to hope for that they will be real keys, and not metaphorical ones. The only thing I know of that we might possibly offer to Baranthore Sunstriker would be his daughter, and we know no more of where she is or what has been done to her than he does."
Twinyarrow
Bard

"You know more of this, "Baranthore Sunstriker, then I." Yarrow states somewhat flatly. "Would he care for this daughter enough to reach across the dream? My own experience with my parents would lead me to question such. Perhaps foolishly."

"Is this daughter the Key Kharfuur?"
Skyspear
Veteran

"Based on what we've found out, he cares for her enough to hate Solivar because he blames him for her disappearance." Skyspear looks, almost apologetically, at Yarrow. "Perhaps you should look to your feelings about your brother, and not your parents, to find out what people would do for family."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"I do not know the names of your paladin's keys. Does his daughter hold some purchase in his heart and mind? Perhaps. Does the purpose and duty that once guided him? Perhaps. Does the way you will need to reach him begin to open? Yes, it does." His hand slides to Keldris' shoulder, and gives it a gentle shake. "Wake, champions of this broken world. The Crossroads calls you."

"A Paladin... falling to hatred? How altruistic." His tone is biting yet he shows not real emotion behind his words.

"I am aware of my efforts to bring back Solivar, even unto life again at the cost of my own if needs be. Yet it seems all our efforts continue to drive us from that goal. And towards yours."

The warlock points to Kharfuur. "Freeing your brother. Then what? Do you think he will be grateful? Will he be grounded and calm? Or will you have to fight what you "love"? I genuinely mean no disrespect though my words may not follow that. But are you prepared. Old one? Or are you simply planning on tossing the Paladin in your lap to him as a peace offering?"
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

The Lord of the Crossroads' eyes narrow a dangerous, burning fraction and, between one breath and the next, the whole of his being shifts -- the ancient orcish shaman giving way to pale, blood-stained hair and flesh defiled by necromancy, dressed only in the remnants of his own death. "You dare too much, Kalthoryn Nephtheara of the House of Eventide."

His grip tightens, hard enough that Keldris wakes with a quiet gasp of pain, dark eyes flying open. It turns into a much less quiet gasp as the Lord of the Crossroads flows to his feet and drags the paladin with him by virtue of a handful of hair.

"You chose this path -- to pursue the rescue of the one who cast your brother into the Devourer's maw. You chose to abandon him, you chose to leave his soul to be consumed and his flesh hollowed, you selected the higher purpose, the greater duty that guides you now. Not I." His grip tightens with each word. "Your decisions brought us to this place. It is too late for you -- for any of you -- to regret that sacrifice. You have made it." A hiss. "Now -- the path opens. His mind clears in cycles, like the tide -- at ebb, he is whole enough that a path finds its way to him, a boundary between sanity and madness. We may walk it, but time grows short and we must hurry. Choose."

As the cold, biting winds blow their way across Storm Peaks, someone or something watches the group of adventurers with curiosity from a distance. It stands tall and firm, but yet not entirely serious, it's two seemingly humanoid arms are crossed across it's chest. This being is dressed in what an observer would see as a long, midnight black robe and hood with white, glowing eyes peering through the latter.

The being seems to sense just what in the wide world of Azeroth is happening to our heroes and tilts his head slightly at it. In fact, this thing almost seems to be enjoying the show, as it were. It makes a slight "Hmmm" sound as Keldris is dragged off, wondering how this will end for him and the rest. It would closely observe this Lord of the Crossroads and takes notice of his words, some more than others.

Brother.
You chose to leave his soul consumed and flesh hollowed.
Too late.

The being actually might seem...distressed at the words spoken, if anyone were around to see it. The wandering creatures in the snow nearby would soon find themselves on edge and very uneasy around this being, more so than they usually do. Any humanoids distinctly avoid this strange figure, for some unexplainable reason, not wanting to risk confrontation or even discussion with it. In a low tone and with what sounds like a voice not quite of this plane, it speaks to itself.

"Perhaps I should stick around a while longer..."
Skyspear
Veteran

"Solivar is - " For a moment, Skyspear looks more openly distressed than the others have yet seen him; then the fact Kharfuur is manhandling Keldris kicks in, and his features snap back to their usual focus, with a distinct edge of hostility. "Let him go. He has done nothing to offend you, and we will obey your wishes."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

"That is...true." The punishing grip slackens, releases entirely only with great reluctance and apologizes with a caress that starts at the base of Keldris' skull and ends at the small of his back.

The paladin -- barely -- controls the full-body shiver this provokes.

"Wake your comrades -- time grows short, if you wish to save your idiot paladin."

(Eww! Ewww! Keldris is being molested by evil god!)

Skyspear's ears twitch repeatedly as he moves over to nudge at Folami and Jarrand. "My lady, Windspeaker, if you would... it seems we are being led to Ulduar."
- Zentao -
Guardian - Raid Master

Meanwhile, propped against a rocky outcropping in the shadow of Ulduar sits the tattered bloodied frame of a Blood Elf. With shivering body and shallow breath it is all it can do to keep its mind active... to ponder the past events that have brought it to this forsaken place.

His non-swollen eye opens slowly and if he had the energy, would smile at the sight of his longtime friend and companion, Uvaer... a haunched black-spotted cat that he befriended while furthering the war effort in Zul'Drak.

Gently he caresses his friend, carful to avoid one of the many gashes strewn about his body.

He knows that if they are to ever be found they must move from their currently sheltered location... mind drifts... eye closes.

Jadedinsc
Champion

(( I'm given to expect Folami was not aware of any of that at all? ))

Folami's response is to pull her furs over her head. "Unless Keldris has exploded, can I have five more minutes?"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: