Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

re: [Open RP Thread] At the Silvermoon City Inn

"The alternative, you would seek... would to be to destroy the source of this... corruption, curse.. what ever you would consider it.."
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

"And just so you know... even with the source destroyed... there is always the chance those affected will not recover... There is just no definite solution.. We can however, prevent this from happening to others.."
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear looks fixedly at the woman, his lips drawn back just a little too far for the expression to be a smile. "So if you feel we cannot break the curse, and we cannot destroy this corruption at the source... what was your purpose in coming here? To rub our helplessness in our faces... would not be the wisest action."
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

"My approach here holds little weight in the grand scheme. Whether you face this evil head on or you watch from afar, sooner or later you will find yourself face to face with it."

Cathrinia lowers herself into one of the empty chairs, her hood falling down onto her shoulders.

"My purpose... is to finish what was started. I saw an allegiance with the comrades you now seek to save... and I shall see it through. You are here presented with two options. You can either accept aid, or you can turn it away. Regardless of the choice you make your fate stays the same, all that will change is who will face it along side you."
Jadedinsc
Champion

Folami, who had not appreciated the paladin's closeness to her chair and had in fact been putting out her magical "feelers" in case she needed to summon one of her demons behind Cathrinia, takes a small sip of wine. She watches Cathrinia from over the rim of the goblet, listening to her words and weighing them carefully.

"Naturally, good Paladin, I think they will choose the obvious option of accepting your aid rather than remain here helpless while their friend suffers. You've left them little other choice."
Skyspear
Veteran

"Always assuming we believe what she says, or believe that her purpose in giving us this information is other than to taunt us." Skyspear leans back, the legs of his chair scraping against the floor. "Before you sit down at our table, a show of good faith may be in order. Like telling us your name."
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

"Paladin..."

Laughing lightly as she sips from a wine glass, she lets her eyes fall onto the Warlock.

"Priestess, if you will. And I perhaps there are few other choices, but that does not finalize anything... I can provide little aid to your cause physically, but if indeed the whole of your... party, should accept such aid, I will provide what knowledge I can on the relevant topics. I have worked with the Reliquary for a while now and our findings may prove to be useful in your endeavors."

Cathrinia places the wine glass back down onto the table, tossing onto the table from her other pocket a necklace with a Vrykul trinket attached at the end.

"The Highlord is being held to the north, along with the answers you seek."
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

((Place this statement where ever you think it fits ))

"A name? Is that what one must provide to side with your company then?"

A chuckle escapes her as she sips from a wine glass.

"I am known to some as Argent Priestess Cathrinia."

She slowly inclines her head in formal greeting.

"But my days in the service of the Crusade ended beside the Highlords. You can look to me without such a title."
Jadedinsc
Champion

Folami eyes the trinket, but doesn't touch it.

"Forgive me, Priestess, but why not simply help us without this show? Why must we ask for aid you know we need?" She offers up a sweet smile, but there is undeniably nothing sweet about her tone. "In short, what's the catch?"
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

"Have I not already helped? And I apologize, I do not mean to imply that I had any intentions of waiting for such a request." With this she smiles, picking up the trinket by the end chain. "There is a ship waiting in the harbor just east of Orgrimmar when you and your cohorts are ready. I have seen to preparing aid on the far shores as well. I shall be preparing several tomes at the enclave of the Blood Knights, should any of you require any further aid before your departure."

Satisfied, she rises slowly after taking one last sip. "Where might I ask... would be the good Lord Solivar... I have a message."

Half smiling, half smirking, she turns her head towards the stairs and then back towards Keldris.
Skyspear
Veteran

"...so let me get this straight. You have such enormous resources that you can spy on us without our noticing, arrange tomes of information, arrange ships... but you do not believe we can save Sunstriker or Solivar, and you are not going to... how do the goblins put it? Put your money where your mouth is."
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

"I am simply a guide sent to help, this is your mantle to wear. The ships are more of a form of repayment... Highlord Tirion Fordring has agreed to assist in what way he can.. Highlord Sunstriker served under him during the war in Northrend and fought beside him within the very heart of the citadel. The tomes I have collected are partial recordings provided by the Reliquary. I may help you here, but I also seek knowledge from our... destination."

At this she turns and heads towards the door, turning her head only for one last word before passing through the silky veil across the doorway.

"and I would not place it as "spying". This holds more at stake for myself than perhaps some of you. If anything, it is you all who intrude and keep on that which has been set in motion by others. I hope you will learn to respect that fact, and know we fight as one. Sunstriker and Solivar turned down these paths by fate, which is beyond us all, but not once death knight have I turned my away from my desire to help them, something your kind did so easily."

Vanishing through the fabric only a gentle fragrance remains, and a lingering feeling of tension in the air.
Jadedinsc
Champion

After Cathrinia vanishes, Folami muses out lout, "And now we are intruders when those who have the answers we seek have purposefully hidden them from us."

She sighs and finishes off the last of her wine. "Yes," she remarks dryly, "it all makes perfect sense."
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear snorts again. "So. On the topic of things that complicate our existence, a supposed priestess is graciously giving us the chance to interfere in matters set in motion by an unnamed greater power, with which we really have no right - " the word is spat like a curse, "to involve ourselves despite the fact that it's your friend and my brother in arms who has been struck down by this menace. But it's still 'our mantle to wear'."

As he speaks, he turns the hilt over in his hands, seeming to find something in the repetitive motion that calms him. "I don't know about you, but I would like a little more reliable information here. If Highlord Fordring has promised his aid to this grand cause of hers, then perhaps it's to Mardenholde that we should go. Because frankly, I will believe that I should trust and help this person if I hear it from his lips, but not likely from any other's."

(that's not one last word, that's a two-minute diss... maybe next time give us a chance to say something back before narrating how you disappear without a trace?)
Jadedinsc
Champion

Folami spreads her hands and shakes her head. "It is your friend and comrade who is harmed. I will offer what help I can, but the next step you take must be your decision."

She gestures at where Cathrinia disappeared to, "Distrust of mysterious strangers who pop in and out of existence is wise, but that doesn't mean everything she said was a lie. I do, however, suspect we still aren't being given the whole picture. Figure out what risks are worth taking."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: