Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [Open RP Thread] At the Silvermoon City Inn

Smaller and somewhat more exclusive than the Wayfarer's Rest Tavern, the Silvermoon City Inn's dining parlor is the place to go for fine dining at a completely unreasonable price, serving as it does delectables from all corners of the civilized and uncivilized world. The house chef and his staff, trained at the finest culinary academies in both Dalaran and Silvermoon, can produce nearly any desired dish upon request or provide a menu of options to be chosen from by the discerning patron seeking to expand their epicurean horizons. The cellar is stocked and managed by Vinemaster Suntouched, the last scion of the ancient and sadly depleted Suntouched dynasty of vintners, whose highly refined skills in the adjudication and selection of potables is such that the products of his domain can do no other but please any palate, no matter how coarse or how refined. A selection of local musicians provides a regular and rotating selection of entertainments to accompany and accentuate the excellent viands, and every table in the dining parlor is equipped with specialty enchantments to assure that any conversation that takes place around them remains confidential, unrecorded and unscried-upon. The servants are among the comeliest and best appointed in the city, attentive, silent, and discreet in all things.

Madame Velandra, the keeper, is more than willing to provide a table and indicates, in a polite undertone, that the bill has already been attended to by your patron, the young paladin, and his superiors.

[OPEN RP THREAD -- late night dinner for Steadfast following recent events. Talk amongst yourselves...]

Folami has ordered a meal probably more suited for someone twice her size. The physical drain of magic often presents itself in the form of hunger, after all. Despite leaving nary a crumb on her plates and devouring all of her food in a relatively short amount of time, she manages to observe all facets of proper dining etiquette, or at least most of them. She doesn't so much join in the conversation as nod her head and make interested noises that allow her to eat or drink without opening her mouth because that would be terribly gauche.

Now sated and feeling the slightest bit drowsy, she takes the opportunity to casually look about the room while sipping wine from what is most likely an ornate goblet. Satisfied that Deselynia has remained upstairs, or at least isn't in the room itself, her attention turns to her dining companions, Keldris, Jarrand, and Skyspear.

"I fear," she begins in a softer voice that she hopes will not carry very far, "I uncovered another mystery while holding the mirror." She places her goblet on the table's surface and furrows her brows. "Or maybe I should be optimistic and hope it is another clue. There was a presence in the mirror as I said, and when the 'patient' woke up, I felt definite Light energy. If you'll recall, I said the mirror was reflecting its owner, but what troubled me was that the presence I felt was masculine rather than feminine. Perhaps what is 'in there' is not entirely a reflection."

She leans back in her seat and waves a hand in the air dismissively. "It could be nothing, but I thought it bore mentioning. Perhaps it is something to think on while you journey to find the child, Jarrand, or maybe the two of you," she glances to Keldris and Skyspear in turn, "might have a theory or two to offer."
Skyspear
Veteran

True to his word, Skyspear does eat a little, though his isn't one of those refined palates - at least, he seems to seek out strong, sharp flavors, and mix them in ways that definitely aren't true to elven traditions of cooking.

He doesn't say much while everyone is eating, but when Folami speaks up he listens with a raised eyebrow. "...another curious twist. I suppose if they can be two souls in one body, a third turning up isn't that strange... but a male, and the Holy Light?" He frowns in thought. "If the mirrors are really connected, then could the person you sense be Baranthore Sunstriker?"
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris arrives at the table somewhat later than the rest, and when he does sit down, the excellent food does not appear to be an excessive temptation -- he barely cleans a plate and then mostly because it would be rude not to do so under the circumstances. He seems several thousand miles away until the conversation begins.

"Do we know for certain that Sunstriker was even exposed to one of these mirrors, or is that just an educated guess at this point?"

"Well, it seemed to be the prevailing theory, but I for one was not around to view the actual evidence." Skyspear looks over at Jarrand, silently inviting the Earthspeaker to share his knowledge, or his thoughts.
Jadedinsc
Champion

Skyspear wrote:
He doesn't say much while everyone is eating, but when Folami speaks up he listens with a raised eyebrow. "...another curious twist. I suppose if they can be two souls in one body, a third turning up isn't that strange... but a male, and the Holy Light?" He frowns in thought. "If the mirrors are really connected, then could the person you sense be Baranthore Sunstriker?"

"To answer that, I would have to know this Baranthore, to have been in his presence and sensed his energy." She shakes her head and listens to Keldris. "If he was indeed exposed to a mirror, then that might lend credence to the theory that it could be him that I felt, but that would also mean the mirror has trapped some of his essence."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Jadedinsc wrote:
Skyspear wrote:

"To answer that, I would have to know this Baranthore, to have been in his presence and sensed his energy." She shakes her head and listens to Keldris. "If he was indeed exposed to a mirror, then that might lend credence to the theory that it could be him that I felt, but that would also mean the mirror has trapped some of his essence."

"My mother used to tell stories like that -- mostly they involved beautiful young magistrae ensorcelled by their jealous uncles and needing rescued by handsome princes," Keldris smiles wryly, and pours himself a glass of wine. "What d'you suppose the odds of such a thing being true? Not the handsome prince bit, the trapped essence bit."

Folami traces the rim of her goblet with one finger. "If his essence is trapped, then what of Baranthore himself? Is he not himself in the sense that part of him is missing, or is it something much more sinister? That is to say, his essence was traded with that of another."

After a moment, she raises her goblet and takes a long drink of wine.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris considers this for a long moment in silence, staring into the surface of his wine. "It's hard for me to say. Sunstriker was a member of the Crusade -- a member in good standing for years, as a matter of fact -- but I wasn't personally very close to the man. He didn't actually have many that he was genuinely close to, as far as I know, and the ones who were loyal more specifically to him left when he did." He sips his wine meditatively. "Medical Division thought he was showing signs of mental and emotional distress before he resigned his commission."

"Dare I presume your Medical Division would not have remarked on Sunstriker's distress if it had been consistent with having just won a war and lost his adopted daughter?" Skyspear holds up a hand. "I apologize. That... came out wrong."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Skyspear wrote:
"Dare I presume your Medical Division would not have remarked on Sunstriker's distress if it had been consistent with having just won a war and lost his adopted daughter?" Skyspear holds up a hand. "I apologize. That... came out wrong."

"Less than you might think. Sunstriker wasn't one to wear his heart on his sleeve -- not for any reason. Not even his daughter." Keldris shakes his head. "If he'd been heartbroken about it before, no one would have remarked on it or thought it unusual. But he was always...very in control of himself."

Skyspear nods thoughtfully. "In that case, I agree that his acting oddly is cause for concern. The question then becomes - is there anyone we could find who did know him, and who would be able to sense the Light energies in the mirror?"
Baranthore
Cathrinia
Champion

A cloaked figure steps into the room, her eyes hidden behind golden light. Her white, gold and red robes sliver down her body, exaggerating her height while slimming her far beyond her normal proportions.

"There is one, that fits such general parameters."

Cathrinia bows low, her misty white hair tumbling from her shoulders, hiding a gentle smirk that slides across her face.
Skyspear
Veteran

Skyspear studies the newcomer through narrowed eyes. "This is a fortuitous meeting." He bites back the observation that she's been spying on them - that being both obvious, and not the wisest thing to say since, gallingly enough, they may need her help.
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris rises, inclining his head slightly in greeting, and gestures to one of the open chairs. "By all means, lady -- have a seat. It's not like we've been subtle in the nature of some of our inquiries, after all." He pours a glass of wine for her before retiring back to his own chair. "Dare I ask how you know our absent comrade?"

Last edited by Solivar on 2011/04/16 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: