Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [RP] Interlude: Roori and Jarrand

Jarrand says: Youngling, it is best you should go no further.
Jarrand says: Come, let us talk in the fresh daylight.

Roori says: ok mr Jarrand.

Jarrand says: As many have said to you times before, this is not a place for you to best find yourself.
Jarrand says: The waters are deep, and you, while growing taller by day, are not yet ready to stand in those depths.

Roori says: yea i had nightmares just sleeping outside that place. there was this cat... almost a ghost it just followed me. never doing anything else just followed.

Jarrand looks at Sabre.
Jarrand says: A gift from the Spirits, no doubt.
Jarrand says: Our ancestors walk with us in times of need.

Roori says: really creepy gift then.

Jarrand lets out a hearty chuckle.
Jarrand says: No, youngling. The spirits of the wild that still seek audience with the living do not do so to scare, but to instruct and to guide.
Jarrand says: Our fear is like that of the brisk wind, chilling on first breath, but invigorating thereafter.

Sabre Nods at Jarrand and procedes to stay behind Roori.

Jarrand says: Your dreams, troubled?

Roori says: Usually i dream of the wave hitting the house. I got used to that dream though until faces starting appearing in the wave.

Jarrand says: Faces?

Roori says: Yea faces. i dont recognize any of them except the one of the guy that my mom talked about all the time. Varion or something.

Jarrand says: Varion?

Roori says: yea he looks like he is in pain all of them do.

Jarrand says: Your mother, what did she say of this Varion?

Roori says: He was a good guy mostly said he ruled a neighboring city to her goldshire which i still dont believe exists.

Jarrand frowns.
Jarrand says: I think your mother spoke of Varian Wrynn, king of Stormwind.

Roori says: King of where? never heard of the place.

Jarrand frowns.
Jarrand says: Our people's history with those lands was a dark day.
Jarrand says: A city, raised, and a king, slaughtered.

Roori says: I was never really taught history my mom and dad said it makes people one sided cause there is always two sides to a story.

Jarrand says: The son of that king now sits upon the throne and rules the Alliance.
Jarrand says: His name is Varian Wrynn.
Jarrand says: I think your parents sought to protect you.

Roori says: protect me from what?

Rubbing his eyes, Jarrand takes some time to meet Roori's gaze.

Roori says: jarrand what did they try and protect me from?

Jarrand says: Your history, youngling. Your history carries with it something that may have and may yet still cause you pain.

Roori says: I dont understand whats so bad about my history.

Jarrand says: And you likely will not, not until your roots have found purchase in the soils of these lands.

Roori says: darn you Jarrand give me a straight answer whats wrong with me and my history.

Jarrand says: Youngling, I'm afraid your river is crooked and it is not my place to tell you what lies around the bend.

Roori says: Fine dont tell me. ill find out on my own and soon im hitting the library when people get back ill learn to read and read up on who Varrion is and Goldshire.

Jarrand says: You must look as you see fit.

Roori says: I will.
Roori crosses her arms and harumphs like only a little kid can.

Jarrand says: But, I suggest you look to sources other than those in Orgrimmar.
Jarrand says: There is little in the way of the written word there.

Roori says: hmm where can i go that i will get a muiddle ground history then?

Jarrand says: Should you be able to find safe passage, the wizards of Dalaran are suitible archives.
Jarrand says: And, the dragons of the Bronze flight, around their wings swirl the mysteries of the ages, in which the past can be seen and touched.
Jarrand says: But, it is rarely safe to find oneself in the company of dragons, especially for one so young.

Roori says: i dont want to see a dragon.

Jarrand says: Good, though in these times it seems to depend more on whether the dragon wishes to see you.

Roori says: if one wants to see me it can see me hiding behind someone else.

Jarrand says: Good. To soar with dragons is to fear burning in their flames.

Jump to: