Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [RP] Folami Investigates!

Torian glances up from the correspondence he is perusing and blinks owlishly at you in the dim light.

Folami says: Greeting, Torian. I was hoping to have an audience with you, that is if this isn't a bad time?

Torian says: No...not at all. By all means...make yourself comfortable.
Torian settles himself on one of the floor cushions, tucking the note away in his sleeve.

Folami finds a comfortable spot to sit near him on the cushions.

Torian says: How may I be of service to you this evening?

Folami hesitates for just a moment. "I was curious about mirror magic."

Torian pours a glass of warm mulled wine from the samovar and offers it to you.

Folami smiles as she accepts the glass. "Thank you."

Torian 's right eyebrow twitches sharply upwards for an instant.
Torian says: Mirror magic...That seems to be a popular topic of study lately.

Folami shifts a little on the cushion and sips her wine. "Oh, is it? I hadn't realized." She doesn't quite make eye contact.

Torian pours and sips at his own glass of wine, regarding you thoughtfully over the rim.
Torian says: Yes...it is a somewhat obscure and generally disfavored topic in the demonological arts -- though the body of scholarship seems to be enjoying a resurgence of interest.

Folami says: I see. Quite a coincidence. I understand the danger of mirror magics, particularly with fel magic. But I have heard such a thing may have existed in our history and I wondered why.
Folami says: Such a potentially dangerous item must have been worth the risk to someone.
Folami holds the wine glass over her lip, the tip of one finger circling around the rim.

Torian says: Well, yes. The magic of mirrors is a multi-fasceted arcane discipline, actually -- many different approaches have been used over the years....

Folami says: I know of some of them. Mirrors might be used as portals or as ways to view other realms or areas.

Torian says: Yes -- the bog-standard scrying mirrors of the sort that clutter up every half-trained diviner's workroom the world over.

Folami nods her head, her eyes watching the liquid in her glass. "Have you ever heard of a mirror altering a person in any way?"

Torian says: The demonological form is somewhat more...advanced. The mirrors of the ancient demon-masters were frequently used to identify a likely servant in the Twisting Nether and draw it into the world via the principle of sympathy...
Torian says: brow twitches upward again.
Torian says: Altering? How do you mean?

Folami exhales slowly. "Well, personality more or less."

Torian says: There is always the possibility...in theory, at least...that a mirror could, properly prepared, become a channel by which communion is forced.
Torian says: Were such a forced communion occur...well.

Folami looks up. "Akin to possession?"

Torian says: Theoretically anything could come through the connection.
Torian says: Yes. Theoretically.

Folami says: And the person affected may not be aware of it despite those around them noticing a change?

Torian says: That is why precautions should be taken to erect adequate psychic and magical defense when engaging with such things...
Torian pauses and strokes his chin thoughtfully.

Folami mumbles under her breath, "None of them were warlocks..." She shakes her head and says louder, "Can it be reversed if the nature of the magic is uncovered?"

Torian says: It is difficult to say. If the interceding force were subtle enough...theoretically.
Torian says: Any magic can be dispelled. Invaders from without can be repelled. Could the damage left behind be repaired? Perhaps.

Folami frowns. "Of course the longer it continues, the more difficult healing becomes."

Torian says: And the more difficult it would be to unbind the magic in the first place.

Folami says: Might the High Elves have ever used such a mirror?

Torian regards you steadily for a moment.
Torian says: I would say so, yes. Much of what we know now -- much of what we have built upon -- is founded in their initial explorations.

Folami nods, pretending not to notice the look. "And after all this time, is it possible such a thing might survive."

Torian says: Yes. I believe it is very much so.

Folami says: And if one is not trained in fel magics, or not trained enough, it might be very dangerous, yes?

Torian says: Indisputably.
Torian says: Do you....know someone afflicted in such a way, Lady?

Folami looks down again. "Not personally, no."

Torian says: Academic curiosity is a wonderful thing in one so young. But I fear, my lady, that duty calls to me...If there is nothing else for now?

Folami rises to her feet and shakes her head. "No. Thank you for your time, it was most helpful." She hands the glass back to him.

Torian accepts the glass and captures your hand, pressing a swift kiss to the knuckles.

Folami bows to Torian.

Torian says: If I may be of any service, dear lady, you need only ask. Farewell...for now.

Folami smiles. "I shall visit again when I next find myself in Silvermoon." She blushes slightly and turns to leave.

Jump to: