View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinjinn

re: Stepping Down

At its inception Steadfast was created to be a guild whose goals and administration were to be democratically governed. Having previously come from a guild where member's wishes were frequently dismissed, Mahre, Sleet and I felt it was necessary to try to establish a guild whose government would be open to all members and not just the same few. According to our bylaws, Steadfast's government was to be managed through three elected offices: those of the Speaker, Bard and Warlord, each with their own area of authority. The founding members were to hold the office of Guardian and act as advisers, each mirroring and assisting one of the three elected offices. In the event of a temporary absence of an elected officer, one of the Guardians would act in their stead. However, for the length of the guild's existence, one Guardian or another has had to act almost exclusively as the sole authority for their area within the guild. This was never intended to be the case. It was the desire and dream of the Guardians that the elected officers would exercises more direction and authority than actual practice has shown. The idea was that the guild would be constantly evolving and the leadership and responsibilities would be rotating through the membership of the guild. This level of member participation must now increase.

I am stepping down from handling the duties of guild administration. I have passed on the guild's charter to Dayari. All of my characters should be considered regular members. This means that the full responsibilities are being placed where they were always meant to be, on the elected officers. The full responsibilities associated with raiding will be taken on by the Warlords and their appointed assisting officers. General guild administration and membership matters will be handled by the Speaker and his appointed assisting officers. A great deal of thought was put into the creation of Steadfast, and it was specifically designed to be self-supportive with active membership and with bylaws that could accommodate the wishes of its membership. Though this is a change from what the guild has been over the last year, the guild should be able to function just fine with the Guardians taking a less active roll in guild affairs. August 1st is scheduled to be the next officer election. Now is your opportunity to nominate and vote for people you feel can steer the guild in the directions you wish to see it head. Do you like the type of raiding that we do? If not, vote for a change. Do you dislike a certain policy? If so propose a change to the Speaker who will put your suggestion up for a vote. Now is the time for Steadfast to become the guild it was always meant to be.

I have enjoyed the time I have spent with you and will be as active as possible when I can. However, the stresses and responsibilities of my life require that I take some time to tend to the matters of my own life.

I have labored over this decision for over eight months now. Please do not view this as a type of ending. I will still be around. It is my sincerest hope that the guild will continue on as strong as ever and remain the fun, laid-back, casual group of friends and family it has always been. May we all remain steadfast!
Arronic

I felt a need to bump this, with all this discussion of what Steadfast is, and should continue to be.

- Zentao -
Guardian - Raid Master

bumb... well, actually name change... Arronic was worried that you might think he was quitting, haha. *wink*

Edit: Arronic, the name assicated to a post is based on the most recent to reply. If the thred shows "0" then the name listed is the OP, if it is any other number then it is the name of the person that most recently replied.

Zentao

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: