View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinjinn

re: Maexxna Defeated!

With help from our friend Dakeyras, Steadfast has down Maexxna.

Forum Image

Click here for a larger image.
Plagor
Champion

re: Great Job !!!

Great job everyone on this fight. We all really wanted to get Maexxna because she was really irriatating us! Finished the fight with everyone standing! Gratz to all of us !! Video coming soon

Plagor
Sashaielle

I wish I could have been there. Oh well a steady income and the ability to pay the mortgage is good too I suppose.
Dolaro

Awesome job guys!
Katahn

Congo-rats!

./still doing the happy spider dead dance

GDPR#615336

re: GDPR#615336

GDPR#615336
Jinjinn

Well, since we were successful only once, we either got lucky or happened upon a method that can work again in the future. This time the tank was right in the middle of the room, Maexxna back pointing to the west wall, and most us piled up right behind her.
Mahre

I thinkt hat the positioning in this fight is key, and if you are off even a little bit you have a tough time recovering. This boss is not very forgiving.

Everyone ready for the Safety Dance tomorrow night?

re: fyi

You can go here on the forums and download the video of our fight and see some of the differences that made that fight a very easy one that time. This is solely from my point of view as a lock. I'll recap the things I noticed that made the fight go well for us.

1. Placement, DPS stayed bunched up on the rear to make add control easier. Middle of the room placement of the boss seemed to help with the webbing and throws to the wall being closer to us.

2. Webbing, People webbed and thrown to the wall got heals and got broken out quickly by Mahre and Jongo (great job!). Boss placement may have helped with this, see 1

3. Add Control: When the adds spawned, Vetinari ice blocked and held them in place and close together for AOE. If ice block was late or didn't happen Dak had them rounded up and made them easy to AOE. Also I'd use seed of corruption and timed it so when the adds came then got hit with aoe right away. These 3 methods kept the adds from spreading and beating on us all and if one or two of us didn't have the timing just right another one of us controlled the situation.

:Note: In the video you can see on a good bit of occasions, the adds were all dead before we all got encased in webbing. That helped keep raid damage down and allowed for quicker DPS on the boss instead of the adds.

Great tanking and great heals and good dps is also a must as always !
For these reason, I think the fight went very well for us.

I'll put the link for the video of us on this fight here to help. Download it to watch so you can make things out. Watching it on filefront kills the quality and you can't make anything out in the fight.

I'll put my video of the safety dance up so we can see it and learn it.

I make these videos for fun and to analyze fights and see things I/we missed so we can do better. It's also cool to see people running around and doing their thing. As always enjoy!

Maexxna

http://files.filefront.com/Maexxnawmv/;12958292;/fileinfo.html
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: