View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jinjinn

re: Alliance Alt. Guild

Several members have suggested the creations of an alliance alt. guild for Steadfast. I think this is a wonderful idea. I would like to ask for some more suggestions in regards to its name and tabard design

Here are some suggestions...

A tabard that is a color inversion of our own. (i.e. blue pattern on yellow backround), or something that is very Hordish compared to our current Alliance-ish tabard.

A name that is either the opposite of Steadfast or a synonym (i.e. Rocksteady, Indomitable), or suggestive of the original (Steadfast Too).

The guild would be an extension of Steadfast, and open to its members only.

A new chat channel has been created on the Alliance side called SteadfastAlt. All Steadfast members are welcome to join it until an official guild chat channel comes into existence.
Mahre

I think the same tabard but in red and black would be great...very hordish

Names for Fun:

Indomitable, Corrupted, Scoundrels, Secret Shame,

Lore related names:

Protectors of the Realm, Lights of Elune, Stormwind Guardians, Steadfast of Darnassus, Knights of Alleria

Lets hear more suggestions! We need to get this started =)

re: Name Suggestion

I was thinking Defiance, it seemed to be received well by some.
Darren Tereos
Guardian - Charter Master

I like the tabard ideas. As far as names, Irresolute, Inconstant, Vacillant, The Shilly-Shally (yes, shilly-shally is a real phrase, meaining hesitation, or "in a hesitant manner"), or any of the million other antonyms.
Hunter Angellis
Champion

Dayari wrote:
I like the tabard ideas. As far as names, Irresolute, Inconstant, Vacillant, The Shilly-Shally (yes, shilly-shally is a real phrase, meaining hesitation, or "in a hesitant manner"), or any of the million other antonyms.

Or just "Shilly-Shally"! It's both fun (instead of serious sounding) and opposite meaning of Steadfast.

I also like the alternating the colors of of the tabard idea.

By the way, Dayari and myself have a pair of twin rogue gnomes named Dillie and Dallie...Dillie-Dallie Shilly-Shally FTW!!!!

I love the Shilly-Shally name idea that is sooo full of win! I agree the tabard should be "Hordish" by color scheme since Steadfast's looks like an Alliance. Not that I am knocking the look of the guild tabard either!
Xtopher26

If the Alliance alternate guild is a synonym of <Steadfast>, I think keep the tabard the same as that of our Horde side and name it Unwavering, Faithful, Steady (for recognition kinda like <Somewhat Askew> and <Slightly Askew>), or Immovable (I prefer Steady or Immovable myself).

But if we decide to be an antonym, I think we should reverse the colours of the tabard (keeping the same border and symbol, yadda-yadda) and name it Unsteady (again a recognition play on words), Faithless, or Movable (I prefer Unsteady myself)... I also had issues thinking of opposites of 'steadfast' if you can't tell :D Hehe.

My preference of all is to be:
Name: <Steady> or <Immovable>
Tabard: Reverse colours or same as that of <Steadfast>

From what has been posted so far I like Defiance or Unsteady or Faithless. As you can tell I like the opposites idea. In keeping with that, I go with same tabard but reversed or Hordish colors.

That is my final 2 cents =) on my opinion, now on to others!

If you have a suggestion other than what is posted already, please get it in here before Wednesday at 7pm. After that time the suggested names will be turned into a poll that will accept votes until Friday evening. At that time a name will be chosen and the charter will be filed.

Did we ever get a alliance alt guild going? I have a low level lock on the alliance side i get on every now and then. Would like to get in the alt guild if we have one.

I believe one existed briefly, but the majority of Steadfast didn't play Alliance alts in any significant amount. So, it just petered out.

Veteran

re: Alliance Alt Guild

TRAITORS for even considering this!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE HORDE..I would personally make it my mission to hunt every one of your filthy Alliance Alts and pvp them to shreds ;p
Chabindi
Veteran

... but what if my worgen really doesn't identify with the alliance and is really a hordie at heart? twisted

WoW - Chabindi Photobucket TSW - PirateHollis
Highwynn

My Alliance characters are on another realm. wink

I'd hate to end up having to fight friends but I DO want to see all the new quests etc.
Darren Tereos
Guardian - Charter Master

Highwynn wrote:
I DO want to see all the new quests etc.

That's my feeling as well. So much has changed, lore-wise, that there's a good deal of temptation to see how it is on the other side. I've made a Worgen, though I likely will only be playing him until the end of the Worgen starting zone.

Guardian - Lore Master

::shifty eyes::

My Alliance side alts on SWC are Brathaliana (human, paladin) and Aileinn (worgen, rogue). They would probably be much higher level-wise if I had people to play with. :P

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: