Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aryallis

re: The Codex ((OPEN RP)) ((Minor Spoilers))

The small green imp scurried across the cold stones of the guild hall clutching a small scrap of rolled parchment in its spindly hand. It darted between feet, chair legs, and around a great case of glass and gold that held a set of armor for a battle long forgotten. The little imp had been given the strictest instructions from its master.

Do not stop.

Do not deviate.

Speak to no one.

Deliver my message.

The message, held tightly in the creature’s hand was to be posted in the guild hall’s great hall, a common area seen by all its members. The Tauren of Steadfast had brought with them from their homeland the trunk of a great tree once said to hold a spirit of the harvest, or so the story goes. It had been erected in the great hall and used to display messages from its members. Parchments and scrolls covered the tree trunk with small pockets where the ancient bark could still be seen. Each tattered page and scroll were attached with a variety of sharpened steel, from the delicate pin, the surgical dagger and one letter, with the words, “NO EAT ME MUTTON!” had been affixed with a great axe.

The imp found purchase on the tree trunk and climbed up to a place at eye-level where the bark was still visible. The strange phenomenon about the Message Tree was that despite the cluttered mess of messages that were on the tree at any given time, the members of the guild always seemed to know when something new had been placed there, even those who found themselves away for extended periods of time. Though this note, which the imp now stabbed into the tree with an ornate hairpin was but a small scrap in a sea of notices, it would not be unseen. They all would see it. And they all would know.

The letter read:

Steadfast,
During my more recent travels on the newly discovered southern continent, a rather esoteric and ancient tome fell into my possession. In regards to this book, I would like to say that, ‘I found it,’ however, the more I think on the events that led up to now, I am convinced that the book found me. The book was written in a language that predates what we know to be demonic, or the utterances of the Legion. Since I now have the book, I have taken it upon myself to see this thing through, wherever it may lead me. Despite the protests some of you may have, and going against the orders of the leaders we answer to, I have managed to find a way back through the Dark Portal and into the blighted plane of Outland. I do not know how long I will be here, or what I might find, or even if I will ever return again. What I do know is that this book, this ‘Codex of Xerrath’ is a source of great power and should such power be unattainable, than I shall be the one to destroy the book, or to be destroyed by it.

I wish you all to keep my memory, but do not await my return.

Always,

Aryallis of the Plaguewood

((No, I’m not leaving the guild! I’m doing the warlock green-fire quest and I’ve decided to savor the moment, like a good wine or a delicious and expensive cut of steak. I always read the quest text, but this time I’m really trying to immerse myself in the character and the situation. I’m also doing things that seem more like ‘real world’ things. Not sure how to explain it but: I’m only using my Dreadstead, non-flying mount. When I’m in town, I walk, not run. Before I went to bed last night, I went to the inn. I’m taking the whole quest at a very slow pace. I also won’t be leaving Outland until the quest is finished, or until the quest leads me out of Outland. (I purposely stayed away from spoilers so I honestly don’t know where the quest ends). So far the whole process is really fun.

I’m always up for random world-rp anyway, but especially right now, if you see me online and in Outland, feel free to find me and we can RP through what where I’ve progressed in the quest. Do note that depending on your Race/Class, I may be very secretive of my discoveries.))
Aryallis

re: The Codex ((OPEN RP)) ((Minor Spoilers))

((Gah! This quest is really hard. I thought I was a good warlock. I was wrong. I think I'll be at the last part of this quest until the mid-point of the NEXT expansion))
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: