Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chabindi
Veteran

re: [Story-RP] The Seeds of Magic

((Sometimes hubby gets in a writing mood and there will be a flurry of emails back an forth throughout the work day. Since this one involves WoW and we have picked it up lately, I'd thought we'd share. This starts in April 2010 when it was announced that classes were being opened up for the different races, IE Orc Mage.

So enjoy our little work distraction. Comments welcome.

WoW - Chabindi Photobucket TSW - PirateHollis
Chabindi
Veteran

The Den.

Tergrana dismounts from her wolf and checks his harness as she calls out...
Tergrana: Bektar! Get out here. I have some good news.

Bektar emerges from a tattered shelter he shares with several other peons.
Bektar: Greetings sister. You seem well. How are things going in Ice Crown?

Tergrana: Nevermind that. I found you a trainer. She will help you focus the magic thing you say you have. I have it from a good source she's very good, and she better be with the price she's asking for your training.

Bektar: Will she insist I work with demons?

Tergrana: Little brother, As I have told you many times, our people do not wield the arcane magics. There are only two roads for you if you feel the presence of magic in you. If you are to be true to yourself you must choose either the spirit path of the shaman, and you say the spirits do not talk to you, or the fel path of the warlock. It is a dark road, filled with much danger. You know our people do not look kindly on the fel magics, as we were enslaved by it. But what other choice do you have? I have spent a good deal of time finding you a trainer and convincing her that you do want to learn from her. Is this not true? Do you want to be a peon all your life, or would you like to follow your destiny?

Bektar: If the choice is between cutting wood in the Den for the rest of my life or seeking power through fel magic then there isn't really a choice.

Tergrana: See, I knew you would come to your senses. Go to Orgrimmar and right off the Drag there's a place called...

Bektar: I would choose to be a peon rather then risk my soul to the demons that fuel the fel magics.

Tergrana stood there, her jaw having dropped open, speechless. She thought about beating such thinking out of her younger brother, but immediately put that out of her mind. That was the kind of thinking that got her beaten as a child. She choose to follow the way of the warrior against her mother's wishes, and her uncle tried to 'correct' her thinking. It only furthered her resolve. She wouldn't put her brother through the same thing, and besides, she doesn't believe the results would be any different.
With a little chuckle she continued...

Tergrana: Well, you are my brother then, aren't you. Just as pigheaded and stubborn as I am. If you weren't an orc I would wonder how you made it this far in life. Maybe someday you will learn that a peon's life is no life at all, but it is your choice, and I will not stand in your way.

Bektar: I thank you sister. I don't doubt that I will be miserable as I chop wood, and sneak in cat naps in the den, but something tells me I will not live out the rest of my days there. I can feel that my destiny lies elsewhere.

Bektar goes back into his hut as Tergrana mounts her wolf. He returns after a moment with an axe.

Tergrana: I'll be back to check in on you. Don't let people hit you with that blackjack Thazz'ril seems to hand out to everybody. Maybe I should teach him a lesson?

Bektar: And after you leave I would get taught a lesson. No sister, go back to Ice Crown and win glory for Orgrimmar. It is my burden to be a peon.

Tergrana gives her brother a final, sorrowful look before spurring her wolf to ride out.

Hefting his axe, Bektar walks over to a tree, and start chopping.
Bektar: Work, work.

Last edited by Chabindi on 2012/03/14 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hunter Angellis
Champion

Thank you for sharing. Aka'Magosh!

Bektar closed the flap on the door in the room he had at the Filthy Animal. Sitting down on the floor next to the fire he began to go through his packs, waiting for his friends to arrive. It had been over a year since he had seen his sister Tergrana at the den. She had scolded him for wanting to follow the path of a Mage. Saying it wasn't something an orc should do. He chuckled to himself when he thought of it, and how he was now a powerful mage and himself fighting in Northrend. The chuckle was tempered by the fact that he hadn't seen his sister since. No one had seen her in the last year, and that fueled Bektar's desire to follow his sister. He would find his sister, or at least what happened to her.

Tergrana was the toughest person Bektar had ever known. She was hard on him as they grew up, but then that's the orcish way. Orcs his age made fun of him for not practicing with axes or wrestling. It seldom got to the point of violence, as Terg wouldn't stand for it. The first time anyone hurt him she broke their arm, and that was an Orgrimmar guard. Sure he heard them laugh at him about being protected by a girl, but how many girls were as strong and powerful as his sister. Though he never told her, he always looked up to her. In fact, she was the only warrior he didn't look down on.

The sweet scent of herbs floated up from Bektar's herb pouch as he opened it. Herboligy had been a constant in his life since becoming a mage. He had dabbled in Alchemy, but found he had no taste for it. Books were his friends when he was a child, and so he creates them, as well as glyphs of power. Thinking back, Terg had changed professions too. Having been a blacksmith from some time she left that path to craft rings and cut gems. Now Bektar had himself a belt that could take some cut gems, but it pained him to think about it, knowing his sister would have insisted on providing for him. His sister! Now that he was in Northrend he need to find his sister! He found no trace of her in the Outland, and only old news of her in old Azaroth. Northrend was where he would find her. He needed to find her. She was all the family he had, and she would find him if he was missing.

A tiny thwap sound was made against the door flap. "Come in." Bektar bellowed, as he got to his feet. The flap was pulled back as Savaria entered.

Pushing the flap aside, Savaria enters the small room Bektar occasionally called home. She pauses to let her eyes become accustomed to the dimness… “Ahhh, you always keep it nice and cool in here. The best thing for preserving herbs…… and the undead.” Grinning she pats Bektar on the shoulder, dislodging a bit of dirt which crumbles to the floor. “And just in from the field yourself I see.”

Savaria looks around and chooses a back corner to deposit her pack which settles to the floor with a slight tinkling noise. Sighing she stretches and pulls back her hood to reveal the fine bone structure and piercing gaze of a blood elf which is in direct contrast to the drab tattered robe and unkempt hair the color of drying blood. She rubs her upper arm where a deep bruise is beginning to develop and asks with a wolfish grin “So you got any grub to share with a starving friend?”

Eyeing the bruise on Savaria's arm Bektar opens one of his packs. "That looks like it stings. Where did you pick that up?" As he rummages around in his pack he pulls out a hunk of meat still on the bone. The fragrant aroma of the spiced meal makes Bektar's mouth water. As he hands Savara the haunch of meat he says "Here's a bit of roast raptor. That should do the trick, and it's tasty."

Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

::settles in with a cup of tea::

Jump to: