Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter Angellis
Champion

re: [RP] Prestolven: The Stage is Set

A look into the former and present relationships with Prestolven Norrin'thall found here.

"Every story has a beginning, middle, and end. My life story, seems to have found a way to break this rule" -A line from Prestolven Norrin'thall's current journal.

It has been several months since Prestolven Norrin'thall was discovered vagrantly wandering the Isle of Quel'Danas. The guards and workers still remaining on the Isle gave the lost Sin'Dorei refuge in Sun's Reach. It was not long at all until someone recognized Prestolven but instead of reconnecting with him, the Sunwell Guard reported his finding to Halduron Brightwing, the Ranger-General of Silvermoon. Behind Prestolven's back, plans were being put in place by those well outside of such a common blood elf's influence. Quickly news reached Lady Liadrin, the leader of the Blood Knight Order, during her time inside the Thalassian tower that held The Sunwell. She too recognized the significance of this finding, along with the possible complications, and swiftly sent a letter to Silvermoon City. The letters sent between Quel'danas and Silvermoon City read:

Lord Solonar Bloodwrath:

Recently, we have discovered one of our brethren of the Order isolated on the northern shores of the Isle. He remembers nothing of his past nor how he came to find himself on the Isle. I request your immediate confirmation towards this revelation: that Prestolven Norrin'thall was one of the deceased who fell during the battle with Kil'jaeden. Though I speculate these claims, I can not deny the possible significance of these findings. I do, however have a faint memory of him. You have your orders.

Matriarch Liadrin

Three weeks later.

Matriarch Liadrin:

As suspected, Prestolven Norrin'thal was marked among the deceased on that dark day in history. He performed in the front lines during the offense. This Sin'Dorei cannot be who they say he is. He was one of my former pupils and if memory serves me well, then he should have a vertical scar marking the right corner of his mouth. Send him my way, should he have this scar. If he does, then this is indeed complicated. He still holds strong ties with the Alliance. His parents, still living, are civilians within Stormwind City. Norrin'thall can not know of this history until we uncover the significance of his existence. I will formulate a history for him that best serves our cause and take him under my wing if you approve.

Lord Solonar Bloodwrath

Another two weeks pass.

Lord Solonar Bloodwrath:

I leave it up to you, Lord Bloodwrath, to inform our newly found brother of his name and identity. I briefly met with the young elf and confirmed your description of the scar. It is strange, but I do sense something about this rather frail looking Paladin and question his ability to ever have served our Order to any proper capacity. I wonder, was he one of those who we put to the front lines to bolster some defense for our more capable Knights? I send him now to you with this sealed letter. He is your responsibility, and I expect you to foster a new identity for him that best serves our cause. Do not let him find out about his ties to the Alliance. You have your orders.

Matriarch Liadrin

It was with that final letter that Prestolven Norrin'thall set sail to Silvermoon City. With promises of rediscovering his past, he went with a light heart that soared to great heights with this exciting news. He quickly found himself training under the guidance of Lord Solonar Bloodwrath who followed through on his promises.

"You, Prestolven Norrin'thall, were a Blood Knight of great worth. I do not know what divine intervention brought you back to us but now that you are here, I will remind you of your deeds, and your vow to the Light and the honor of our Order." Solonar instructed the young elf, "It is recorded that you had fought valiantly against the Scourge onslaught that leaves our city scarred still this very day. It was also this attack that your parents were killed. You continued your service to the Order, claiming the title of master Blood Knight, and fighting on the front lines, an honor given to few, during the offense on the demonlord, Kil'Jaeden, and the recovery of our Sunwell. This is where you were recorded to have fallen in battle with an honorable death, but it seems we were mistaken."

"......." Prestolven stared at the ground, openly distressed by the unveiling of his sad history. The soft features of his face becoming wet with tears. Solonar permitted a few moments of silence for Prestolven to regain his composure but soon gave up such an effort, so he continued.

"It seems you have forgotten everything, including all of your former training. I will then be your Master and oversee all of your instruction and I expect that despite your lacking of memory that you continue to serve out the vow you have made to our Order."

Prestolven responded with a silent nod and Solonar accepted this as evidence enough that all will go according to plan. So, the newly re-recruited Paladin was given a bed in the barracks and a few days of rest while he acclimated himself to his surroundings. He used these days to explore the splendor of Silvermoon City. It was then he met Innkeeper Jovia.

"Greetings Citizen..." was his first words to the Innkeeper, her back turned to him as she stocked some bottles of common spirits on shelves. He attempted to sound official, something Solonar ordered him to rehearse, and conduct himself as a ranked Knight even though formal training had yet to begin. He ultimatly failed and his voice was far more soft than commanding.

"Be with you one moment, sir." She responded, back still turned, as she fumbled with the wares. Wiping sweaty hair from her eyes she turned to face Prestolven, she stopped in her tracks and looked as though she was staring at a ghost. "...but you're dead?!" She quickly came to him, carelessly knocking over some bottles on the floor, not yet stocked, but minding the mistake no notice. "Let me have a look at you, young boy." She cupped his face in a matter that would have been comical if her expression were not so serious.

"..Yesh...I haf been told tish...but ash you can shee I am quite alive. Who are you? Haf we met?" was Prestolven's tried response as he spoke through squished lips. "And why doesh everyone call me a boy?" Indeed, in the culture of the elves, because of the slower rate that they age, Prestolven would have been considered embarrassingly young but outside of the elven influence, others would see an elf in his mid to late twenties.

Jovia did not answer in words, but instead greedily hugged the Paladin, and because of Norrin'thal's very gentle and trusting nature, he accepted the warm embrace with hidden jubilation. After a long moment passed, she finally put her gaze on him, in a way that would have been uncomfortable for a stranger to do if it had not been the kindly Prestolven, and continued with an amused air. "You have not changed a bit have you? And yet, there is something very different." Innkeeper Jovia had a very solid memory for all of her patrons and this former patron of hers won her heart a long time ago but she recognized it for what it was and that Prestolven was won to another.

They spoke at great length over a shared bottle of Thalassian wine. Jovia hid her concern about what Prestolven told her of all he had learned from his past. She did her best to patch the inaccuracies. It was when she told him of his parents that he got up, his face riddled with anger and confusion which was an unnatural look for him, and respectfully excused himself.

Lord Solonar Bloodwrath, upset about his work becoming more difficult and all that he had imprinted on Prestolven being compromised, hid his alternative motives well as he explained that Innkeeper Jovia was mistaken. That, though his parents lived in Stormwind for a time, they had moved to be with their loving son and died in Silvermoon City. Since it had been so late in the evening, he commanded Prestolven to return to his quarters and get some much needed rest. Proper training would begin soon.

The next day, Prestolven did not take this final time of rest for granted and went back to exploring the city. He noted all the extravegent luxeries. Pillows. Silk. Pleasures. Self sweeping brooms that chased cats off the streets . He was sincerly, albeit niave, in wonder of all he saw. He finally made his way back to the inn, his heart young and excited to tell Jovia the tale of "The Broom and the Cat." She was there, wiping out glasses when he came bursting through, winded, and nearly toppling over himself with amusement for all of the delights he witnessed and wanted to share. She reflexivly froze at the sudden greeting. "Jovia!...Jovia!...You would not believe what I had just seen!" but his very gentle, kind face instantly became overshadowed with concern along with regret for his inconsiderate greeting. Jovia, in spite of Prestolven's change in behavior, softened her posture and smiled gently.

"Do tell me, young Prestolven, whatever got you so worked up?"

"Jovia, your face. What happened?" He asked, his voice soft and quiet though his dulcet eyes looked as though their dams would break and cry a great flood.

"Oh this?" she said cheerily, "This is nothing. Just a slip of the hands while stocking some wine on a high shelf. I shall remember to use my stool in the future." Trusting as Prestolven has always been, he nodded agreeably but did not sacrifice his honest concern for his recently found friend.

The truth of the matter is, Jovia was abducted by a small group of Blood Knights, and her version of Prestolven's truth was beaten from her. She finally agreed to Lord Solonar's command and would not whisper another word of Prestolven's history. Despite this ill-gotten promise, she promised herself that at the right time she would break a promise for the first time. She would simply have to wait until the Blood Knight Order did not have such a strong influence over the boy.

The remainder of the night was one of enjoyment as he spent his last waking hours with Jovia, before the next day which would be his first day of official training. He gladly shared with her all he had learned so far about his new home and she attentively listened, the smile never lost from her face and never giving Prestolven any reason to concern himself with her secret situation. He left her with words of encouragement, that he would be back to visit her every night in hopes that eventually with time he will sincerely remember her from his past, and if not then, he jokingly concluded "I will be back to also remind you about the benefits of using your foot stool" of which she feigned a believable giggle.

A month later he would, for the first time in years, meet a very notable dear friend from his past, Keldris Pellegrin.

Jump to: