Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinjinn

re: The Dance ((or an Explanation for RP Chat Awareness))

((People requested an idea of how our RP channel chat actually operates in light of the "real world" of Azeroth. Here is my attempt at an explanation.))

-------------------------

From the high hill the priest looked down upon the broken tree that made up the home of the Grizzlemaw furbolgs.

::YOU HAVE COME:

. ::YOU'RE HERE::

::WELCOME::

. ::SHUG-TOTH TOTH'A::

::YES HE HAS BROUGHT MORE::

The voices echoed through the troll's brain shouting their approval for his efforts in bringing peoples from the south to answer their call. Jinjinn had done well and the spirits sought to reward their emissary.

. ::COME TO THE SAPLING::

::YES COME DOWN, TROLL::

The celestial choir sang its incessant cant within the mind of the priest. From them he learned the history of the fallen giant world-tree that had once stood majestically amidst the Grizzly Hills. The voices spoke of the wickedness of druids who razed the mighty tree when it failed to conform to their designs. Despite the druids' efforts, the furbolgs who now lived within the remains of the once mighty tree had managed to coax a new shoot to spring forth from withered roots. Under the care of its ursine keepers the sapling had flourished and begun to bare fruit.

:: EAT ::

. ::T'KOTH GROSH::

::TASTE IT!::

The promise of power had been offered to troll. The power to heal, the power to mend, the power to restore lives all in ways greater than he could imagine, all this was offered to the priest who now stood before his long sought after goal. This is the place the voices had called him to from over the long miles. Here he would eat the fruit of the newborn world tree Vordrassil, and join completely with the land and the loa.

Jinjinn made his way down from the hills and towards the base of the shattered tree. The Grizzlemaw seemed to take little notice of him. He was welcomed here by the same forces that blessed and protected the furbolgs. They would let him pass unmolested. Winding his way down to the heart of the stump, the priest found the sapling ripe with fruit, a strange red pear-like fruit.

"Now," said the troll, "Da time has come fer me t' once again do dah will of dah loa!"

The troll reached into the satchel that he carried and withdrew a bundle of twigs, some flint and tinder.

"Joo will burn now damnable tree!"

::NNOOOOOO!!!!!::

. ::YOGG-SARON::

The troll priest stuck a spark, the bundle of twigs began to smolder. Jinjinn threw the torch at the base of the sapling which in turn began to burn, eventually bursting into a raging fire. The priest made a hasty retreat past throngs of furbolgs who ignored him as they rushed past him in a futile attempt to extinguish the growing blaze. Once he reached the safety of the hills he looked back to see a column of smoke rising from the giant hollow stump of the failed world-tree.

::YOU HAVE SERVED US WELL ONCE AGAIN, HALLOWED ONE::

A different yet familiar song began to play in Jinjinn's mind. The voices of the ones who always brought him clarity, the voices of those who had long directed him to heal the hurts of the world.

"I knew dey not be dah true loa, I knew dey not be joo." The troll smiled as the comforting music of his loa filled him with peace. "Dey promised me sumtin' dat I already had. Sumtin' joo had given me long ago." Jinjinn scanned the horizon and took in a deep breath of the crisp northern air. Harmony with the spirits of the land, its beasts, its people had been given him when he accepted the loa's gifts of healing and life, for all these things are the loa. From them the loa come, and because of the loa they continue to be.

::NOT ALL OF YOUR::

. ::STEADFAST FELLOWSHIP HAS COME::

. ::HERE AT OUR BEHEST::

::YOU GO WHERE WE DIRECT BUT SOME OF YOUR::

. ::FRIENDS DO NOT HEAR OUR WORDS::

::THEY DANCE TO A DIFFERENT SONG::

Jinjinn frowned. A crease of deep concern cut across his brow. He knew the loa would always guide him straight and true, but for the rest of Steadfast, they only had him. "I can't get yer message t' dem all," the troll admitted in a defeated tone. "Dey be scattered through dah north. Dey can't hear yer song, and my voice don't carry very fah."

::PRIEST, RECEIVE OUR BOON::

. ::YOU ARE STEADFAST IN FAITH::

::BOTH IN THE LOA AND YOUR FRIENDS::

. ::YOU ARE ONE WITH THEM::

::AS WE ARE ONE WITH YOU::

. ::CHILDREN OF AZEROTH::

::CHILD OF LIGHT::
. ::OUR VESSEL::

. ::BE NOW ONE WITH EACH OTHER::

::JINJINN... HEAR NOW THE SONGS OF THEIR LIVES!::

The voices had stopped. For the first time in many years the mind of the troll priest was clear. All it contained was his own thoughts. But as the moments passed, Jinjinn became aware of a new voice in his mind, but it was familiar. He had heard this voice many times before, but spoken through the air by a flesh-and-blood person. It was the voice of a woman singing a song he once heard performed long ago by the Lady of Undercity. Then came sound the sound of clattering, something scurrying. As he tried to concentrate upon the voice a new experience began to play upon his senses. A vision came into focus, a vision of a woman fishing at a bend in a river. It was the huntress Mahre with her companion scorpid by her side. There she sat fishing in the creek singing a sorrowful lament.

A new scene slowly began to coalesce within the mind of the priest. A feathered bear-like being stood amidst a dilapidated keep. It was Jongo scouring the halls of Utgarde, cleansing it of its wicked vrykul presence.

The troll then became aware of a blood-elf priest stepping foot off a zeppelin in Vengeance Landing. Ouranos had arrived in Northrend.

::OUR GIFT TO YOU::

. ::OUR VESSEL::

. ::AS WE HAVE GIVEN TO YOU::

. ::GIVE IN KIND TO THEM::

::SHARE THE SONG AND DANCE::

From the high hills the priest closed his eyes and began to listen to the lives of his friends, and once he held them all in his mind he spoke...

"Dance!"

Last edited by Jinjinn on 2008/12/30 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katahn

Oooh, very nice.

((So the Watchtower chat channel is all mental communication via Jinjinn's mind?))
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Harleekwinn wrote:
((So the Watchtower chat channel is all mental communication via Jinjinn's mind?))

Actually, the Watchtower channel is for officers and prospective members of the guild to connect in order to arrange interviews.

SteadfastRP is our dedicated roleplaying channel and it takes the form of a "virtual guildhouse" in which members can meet no matter where they actually are in game.

((Ah. Cool. Nobody explained that to me.))
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: