Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

re: [RP] The Wretched Matter of Solivar Eventide (Reporting In)

Skyspear wrote:
((*grins* Waiting forever for the end of this thread, or to use that line? Also, since everyone's splitting up, should we have the Skyspear & Keldris chat here? Because given that Keldris will be returning to Mardenholde soon, Skype might think it more sensible to warn him about the threat to Solivar than to go there himself and try to convince the scary Cpt. Stonefist to admit no death knight visitors. Not to mention that he suspects Keldris would be... cross... if the matter were not brought up.)

...To use that line. My Exalted group was constantly thwarting my desire to use SHONEN TIME SKIP! as an excuse for anything. ::sulk::

Placing the meeting with Keldris here is Good as my inner contracts lawyer has finally gotten it through his head that he's got no 'POV But No Internal Narration' clause in his protagonist papers and so he's ready to give up information about his return to Mardenholde.

Captain Stonefist is gratified to know that someone fears her wrath. ^_^

In the wake of the ritual, Skyspear is in a disturbed frame of mind. As much as hopefulness is not a natural state of mind for a death knight, Skyspear realizes only now that he'd been hoping for this not to be the work of an Old God... though the evidence pointing to Ulduar is in a twisted way a relief. Yogg-Saron was defeated once; this is not a wholly new enemy they're facing. Even so, to have to bring this news back to Acherus -

The mention of Mardenholde jolts him, and as everyone is discussing which separate ways to go, he makes sure to get Keldris' attention. "A moment, please."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

Keldris nods and paces off a few feet closer to the edge of the forest, where the song of the wind among the imperishable golden leaves will likely be much more use in preventing casual eavesdropping. "You can have more than a moment."

"Most generous." The quip falls rather flat, and in truth, Skyspear looks both tense and embarrassed. "There is something I need to tell you, considering security. I spoke with Highlord Mograine, and he does approve of keeping Solivar at Mardenholde for the time being, but he also warned that there are some in the Order who do not agree with him, or with me, that saving Solivar is a wise or worthwhile effort."

He frowns deeply. "I would ask you to warn your compatriots that if any other member of the Ebon Blade comes looking for Solivar, they... should perhaps not be admitted uncritically."
Solivar
Guardian - Lore Master

For an instant, Keldris looks deeply, unutterably weary. "Somehow that doesn't entirely surprise me. I suspect that there's going to be more than a few in the Crusade who'll think it's not going to be worth it, either, especially once they know an Old God is involved." He glances over at the others, talking amongst themselves. "Mardenholde will be safe enough, for now. But I'm not going to be able to stay for more than a day or two myself." His mouth planes into a thin, tight line. "Though...for what it's worth...I'd trust Krivulka with my life and more, and his, as well. Please give the Highlord my thanks...and let him know I'm glad he's with us in this. It'd be easy not to be."

Skyspear's mouth quirks with at least attempted humor. "The Highlord tends not to trust the easy path. Something about goblin landmines. And while I don't know the good Captain myself, it seems she would make a highly effective bulwark against... well, anything."

"As for the Old Gods - if Yogg-Saron is indeed rising again, or some other, then I would think standing against them is not negotiable, in any case. It is not as though throwing Solivar and Sunstriker to it will appease it, which makes neglecting their fate a false economy... any other concerns put aside."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steadfast Forum Index -> Roleplaying (in-character) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: