Triple-Token Loot System
For every raid lockout/ raid id, each person gets a TIER, NEED, and a GREED token which can be redeemed for epic loot drops.
1. When an item drops, a person who still has their NEED token can redeem it to get the item. If multiple people wish do so, there is a roll among those who have needed, and the highest roller gets the item. Only the winner will lose their NEED token. Type /roll when this is called for in raid chat. Need tokens can only be redeemed for items that are legitemate declared mainspec upgrades.
2. If no one spends a NEED token, a person who still has their GREED token can spend it to get the item. If multiple people wish do so, there is a roll among those who have greeded, the highest roller gets the item. Only the winner will lose their GREED token. Type /roll when this is called for in raid chat.
3. If no one spends their GREED token, a declared mainspec /roll occurs. There is no limit to the amount of gear you can win via /rolling declared mainspec, and it comes at no cost to you -- This does not effect your NEED or GREED token in any way. Type /roll or /random after this has been called for if you wish to do this. We want all upgrades going to mainspec players, even if extremely minor. Do not let your guilt over a fortunate series of rolls gear us less well. "Declared Mainspec" means the spec you have chosen for the sake of loot preference.
4. If no one /rolls for mainspec, then people can roll offspec. There is no limit to the amount of offspec loot a person can get this way.
5. TIER tokens are used for tier piece drops. If TIER tokens are not redeemed the tier piece passes to NEED, GREED token redemption, followed by main-spec and off-spec rolls as per the norm.
6. If the item hasn't gone to someone at this point, it will be sharded and added to the guild bank.
If at any time during a given raid-lockout, everyone in the raid has spent their NEED or GREED token, everyone gets a new one of that type. TIER tokens are not redistributed once spent.